**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• If you want to play with semantics, then the AP drain on IM40's ability needs to be represented as negative damage in the lost AP. Valuing all other color AP at 100 damage (even though most can easily do better), you lose up to 1000 damage from the AP drain and in generaly it's still worse than Wolverine unless that was the last move you used or you somehow have 0 AP in all the other colors.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    By the logic going on in this thread, 2* Wolverine can only deal that damage if you have 12 AP, so that's also conditional.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    By the logic going on in this thread, 2* Wolverine can only deal that damage if you have 12 AP, so that's also conditional.

oh god thank you
  • IM40's damage is clearly unconditional as their is no condition which has to, or for that matter can, be met in order for the ability to trigger. On the other hand, the ability has an added cost that must be considered. The mincing of words is, in fact, important because the ability should be examined in a different light than moonstone's red or patch's red. It should be evaluated in the same light as Black Panther's black ability due to their nothing having a drawback. They do not, however, deal damage conditionally because the damage of the abilities is set at a fixed point and requires no input from the opponent to trigger.
  • You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    If you're talking to bonerang
    actually he's one of apparently the few people in this thread who knows exactly what it means.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I see what you did there.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    What does red damage have to do with IW anyway? She's a support character
  • Noob question - how exactly locking tiles works? I mean - do they stay in place even if I destroy some tiles under it? What if they're in the line when I match 4tiles (them not being in those 4tiles)?

I see much potential in her and slowly I feed her with ISO, but still lack too many covers.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Noob question - how exactly locking tiles works? I mean - do they stay in place even if I destroy some tiles under it? What if they're in the line when I match 4tiles (them not being in those 4tiles)?

I see much potential in her and slowly I feed her with ISO, but still lack too many covers.

Any ability that'd destroy the locked tile destroys the bubble instead. The tile is not affected and no damage/AP is obtained.

The locked tile is suspended in space, so destroying what's below it doesn't move the locked tile or its content at all.

Tile overwrite abilities do not remove the bubble, but they can overwrite the content inside the bubble. An ability like Magnetic Translocation can move the the content of the bubble out too, but the bubble itself does not move.

There's a lot of cool things I imagine you can do with her, but I have neither the covers nor the iso to even try.
  • I think that she might be very demanding to learn. But once you do, she'll shine.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I think that she might be very demanding to learn. But once you do, she'll shine.

I've been slowly pecking away at leveling mine over the past month + 1/2 and have her to ~160. Her mechanics are a little esoteric, but she's definitely no bag lady. I'd say she's very much under-rated now, but she's still not going to knock any of your current A-teamers off of your playlist for major pushes, because she's really slow to get going, and she slows down kill speed significantly. Things I've learned to do with her that make her pretty fun and useful:

1. Lockdown all the blues you can when you cast Force Bubbles, then she drops a sick defense tile that's reeeeeeallly hard for the AI to clear. If Spidey gets hit hard, this will be the best defense option in the game.

2. Pair her with Patch, and lock down all the enemy strike-tiles you create when casting Berzerker Rage. Again, if Spidey gets hit, this will keep a 5/3/5 Patch build viable, and maintain a decent kill speed.

3. Like #1, lock down all the yellow you can before casting invisibility. If she's the last one standing, you just bought yourself all the time in the world to win. Unless you're against something like a 230 Daken, you'll be able to just chip the opposing team away.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Does anyone else think that the yellow Invisibility tile needs to be auto-locked right when it's placed? It's extremely vulnerable as is, and the AI doesn't know better to protect it with Bubbles straight away. IW is a defensive character, so she should be fool-proof on defense, and if that expensive yellow ability is wasted because of simple matching/tile destruction right away, it's worthless.
  • locked wrote:
    Does anyone else think that the yellow Invisibility tile needs to be auto-locked right when it's placed? It's extremely vulnerable as is, and the AI doesn't know better to protect it with Bubbles straight away. IW is a defensive character, so she should be fool-proof on defense, and if that expensive yellow ability is wasted because of simple matching/tile destruction right away, it's worthless.
    treat this ability as a bonus and focus on Force Bubbles icon_e_smile.gif

Invisibility is great, but costly and pretty random. Which I like, otherwise it would be a bit OP.
  • over_clocked
    But she's a freaking legendary, why is she worse at defense than fool-proof Bullseye?
  • locked wrote:
    But she's a freaking legendary, why is she worse at defense than fool-proof Bullseye?
    You just answered Your own question. She's legendary and requires finesse and tactic. Which i think is awesome. As for defense, she's obviously not the best, but she still can stall the game significantly.
    When leveled 200+ and build 355 she'll be top3 support char easily.
  • Well if you are not keeping her, you will be crying when she is one of the essential character in a PVE node.
  • over_clocked
    Nah I'm definitely keeping mine, I'm ashamed to say this, but all 5 of my legendary covers are just lucky standard and Heroic pulls. What if someone recruited me based on my completely awesome roster not knowing most of the covers were lucky pulls, oh my, thank pasta it didn't happen icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Has this bug been fixed yet?
  • How much iso does it take to level her to both 200 and 240?

also, what is the strength of the protect tile and how much damage does she do with force field crush on average at those levels?

(assuming blue and green are at max covers)
This discussion has been closed.