[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I am in total shock. I was really really really certain that Marvel was COMPLETELY done with all promotions of non Marvel Studios owned characters........

The only ones that seem to have a total shutdown are the ones related to the Fantastic Four. X-Men are getting edited out of artwork and the like, but they're harder to exclude without devaluing the license, and possibly breaching contracts. I suspect we'll still see X-Men as about every third or fourth character, though there may be a fallow period when their next movie comes out.
    let's not forget Marvel can now "demutant" any x-men, and *INSERT CONSPIRACY THEORY* X-men may be revealed to be in a alternate universe icon_e_ugeek.gif
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Followup: I found a complete listing of the characters on the poster here: http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... oster.html

(I couldn't remember a few of the minor ones)

His listing, minus the people I feel comfortable saying will never be in the game:

Clearly part of the Fantastic Four film license (have appeared on screen, plus a few I’ve heard repeatedly are part of the license) :
    Human Torch
    Reed Richards
    Galactus
    Silver Surfer
    Franklin Richards
    Susan Richards
    Super Skrull (Fox has Super-Skrull, Marvel can use Skrulls)
    Thing
    Doctor Doom
    Rama-Tut

Probably part of the film license:
    Impossible Man (the balloon)
    Watcher
    Red Ghost and his Apes (Mikhlo, Igor, and Peotr)
    Mad Thinker and his android
    Puppet Master
    Annihilus (The only one on this sublist I think is even a possibility for the game at this point)
    Psycho-Man
    Blastaar
    Diablo
    Wizard
    Trapster (Paste Pot Pete)
    Mole Man his Moloids

Might be, might not be:
    Dragon Man
    Molecule Man
    Quasimodo

Probably not part of the film license:
    Sentry 459 (Marvel definitely has Kree)
    Him (Adam Warlock)

Definitely not part of the license:
    Lockjaw
    Triton
    Maximus
    Black Bolt
    Medusa
    Gorgon
    Karnak
    Crystal
    Ronan the Accuser
    Sandman (Sony, shared with Marvel now)
    Klaw
    Skrulls (see above)
    Black Panther
    Namor (Universal)
    Attuma (Almost certainly tied to Namor)

A bunch of those in the "probably" category (and most of the maybes) are too minor to make it into the game. Of the people on the list that Marvel has complete control over, any of the Inhumans are reasonably likely, Klaw and Ronan were both in the last two MCU movies, the Inhumans get a movie in a few years, Sandman was in Spider-Man 3 (but is probably not coming any time soon). Universal has as much as announced they're not making a Namor movie, so Marvel will be getting him back.

Realistically, this is the list:
    Fox controlled (or probably) we don't have: Thing, Reed Richards, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus, Super-Skrull
    Not Fox controlled (or probably): Ronan, Klaw, Namor, Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, Adam Warlock, Sandman

I think the rest of the list is either too obscure or too difficult to implement. We may see Skrulls as goons, or something similar, but, for the time being, I think there are six potentially game-level characters in that picture Fox controls, two of whom are a stretch, and Galactus will never be playable, and eight Marvel has control over (I'm about 90% sure they have Adam Warlock).

Super Skrull would be a good way to middle finger Fox and say "yeah, the fantastic four ARE in the game icon_twisted.gif." At least, that's how I felt about MVC3

Galactus can be in game since Ultron can, has made MVC3 appearance is in alot of cartoons

impossible man in cartoon
    watcher in cartoon
    red ghost and apes in cartoon(what a **** cahracter. I'd be suprised if they touch this one)
    annihulus(in multiple cartoons)
    Blastaar in multiple cartoons
    Mole Man in multiple Cartoons
    Black Bolt in Cartoon
    Medusa in Cartoon
    Ronan in movies + cartoon + other video games = I see this character as definitely in game icon_e_geek.gif
    Klaw in movie, probably will appear with Black Panther movie mebbe
    Attuma in Cartoon
    Skrulls are already in game, plus D3 is lazy
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's a "Rogue Edition" of X-Men:Days of Future Past coming out on DVD next month. Just FYI....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Followup: I found a complete listing of the characters on the poster here: http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... oster.html

4* Willie Lumpkin confirmed!
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Options
    I hope it's Iceman, it won't be Iceman, but I hope it's Iceman.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    I hope it's Iceman, it won't be Iceman, but I hope it's Iceman.

I want to believe.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    There's a "Rogue Edition" of X-Men:Days of Future Past coming out on DVD next month. Just FYI....

This would solidify things beyond mere words that Marvel WILL continue to support the mutants digitally.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I am in total shock. I was really really really certain that Marvel was COMPLETELY done with all promotions of non Marvel Studios owned characters........

The only ones that seem to have a total shutdown are the ones related to the Fantastic Four. X-Men are getting edited out of artwork and the like, but they're harder to exclude without devaluing the license, and possibly breaching contracts. I suspect we'll still see X-Men as about every third or fourth character, though there may be a fallow period when their next movie comes out.

Dont forget that the next* char is Fantastic Four related icon_e_wink.gif
    *expectation
    Namor confirmed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I mean Squirrel Girl is in the game. It doesn't get much more "minor".
  • Unknown
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:

She just had a solo book launch when she was introduced. Kurrgo, Master of Planet X isn't getting that anytime soon. Plus the game has so few villains as is I don't see them skipping Annihilus to get to Quasimodo.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also, there's a person who was actually in the Fantastic Four, is not part of their film rights, and who I'm about 99% sure we're getting in the game in mid-July anyway. He's not in the poster, though, though it's possible that was a deliberate mislead.
    816716-37752_fantastic_four_1994_2384_19_122_85lo.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

She just had a solo book launch when she was introduced. Kurrgo, Master of Planet X isn't getting that anytime soon. Plus the game has so few villains as is I don't see them skipping Annihilus to get to Quasimodo.

She is also slated to appear in the BP movie

not to mention:
    http://comicbook.com/2015/03/07/guardia ... -girl-mov/
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

She is also slated to appear in the BP movie

not to mention:
    http://comicbook.com/2015/03/07/guardia ... -girl-mov/
    ugh.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We need vampire Jubilee ASAP.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:

Oh, it could get much more minor, good sir....
    Simon_Walterson_(Earth-616)_002.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

SQUIRREL GIRL ISNT MINOR WHERES DOWNVOTE BUTTON

PS: yes Frog Thor. I want Spider-Raptor the most, right behind maybe Bunny Hulk or Actual Spider Black Widow. No wait, maybe Mummy Thor. Hm.....Vampire Wolverine
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

SQUIRREL GIRL ISNT MINOR WHERES DOWNVOTE BUTTON

PS: yes Frog Thor. I want Spider-Raptor the most, right behind maybe Bunny Hulk or Actual Spider Black Widow. No wait, maybe Mummy Thor. Hm.....Vampire Wolverine

Beta Ray Bill FTW
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Also, there's a person who was actually in the Fantastic Four, is not part of their film rights, and who I'm about 99% sure we're getting in the game in mid-July anyway. He's not in the poster, though, though it's possible that was a deliberate mislead.
    816716-37752_fantastic_four_1994_2384_19_122_85lo.jpg
    or maybe you just can't see him...
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Look, don't conflate film rights with marketing and merchandising. Marvel and Disney still make money on every FF and X-Men lunch box and t-shirt. They can put the characters in video games or posters or cancel the books and kill Wolverine at their whim. They own the characters but can't make films about them. They can refuse to cross-promote to spite their face. But I'm betting D3 has not once been told they can not use a character. I'm sure they've had plenty of occasions where they've been strongly encouraged to use a character. But if the FF film defies all predictions, logic, sanity, etc, and becomes a blockbuster hit, we'll see Reed, Thing, Kang, Mole Man, and that little robot thing too. Herbie? Anyway, point is, quit obsessing about film rights. Also, I read a Deadpool with Super Skrull in it and I'm sold.

A 3* vampire Jubilee would be awesome. A 2* "classic" Jubilee seems more likely. Though why they would put her in the game before Gambit and Rogue, who are awesome characters that I love, is beyond me. Shugah, mon ami.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bcas76 wrote:
    Look, don't conflate film rights with marketing and merchandising. Marvel and Disney still make money on every FF and X-Men lunch box and t-shirt. They can put the characters in video games or posters or cancel the books and kill Wolverine at their whim. They own the characters but can't make films about them. They can refuse to cross-promote to spite their face. But I'm betting D3 has not once been told they can not use a character. I'm sure they've had plenty of occasions where they've been strongly encouraged to use a character. But if the FF film defies all predictions, logic, sanity, etc, and becomes a blockbuster hit, we'll see Reed, Thing, Kang, Mole Man, and that little robot thing too. Herbie? Anyway, point is, quit obsessing about film rights. Also, I read a Deadpool with Super Skrull in it and I'm sold.

A 3* vampire Jubilee would be awesome. A 2* "classic" Jubilee seems more likely. Though why they would put her in the game before Gambit and Rogue, who are awesome characters that I love, is beyond me. Shugah, mon ami.
    Film rights are very important tho. You think we would've gotten Ultron event + characters WITHOUT Marvel caring about films?

Hell, they've been molding the comics AFTER the films starting with like....Blade in the 90s.
  • phoenixrising2791
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Dont forget that the next* char is Fantastic Four related icon_e_wink.gif
    *expectation

Wait, so are we going to expect:

1. FF related character
    2. Then the one mentioned in the poster? (Which is most likely X-Men)?

Or refers to one character only?
This discussion has been closed.