[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    So could carnage be the 4 star spidey u were referring to turul? Or is he coming?

Original Spiderman is still on the way - but now that Carnage got the 4* treatment, I'm not sure what (# when) new Spidey will be...
  • turul
    TOKEN SAVING MODE: ON
    JphXQUy.jpg?1
  • turul wrote:
    So could carnage be the 4 star spidey u were referring to turul? Or is he coming?

Original Spiderman is still on the way - but now that Carnage got the 4* treatment, I'm not sure what (# when) new Spidey will be...
    sooner than later, D3, sooner than later
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Since all of those Avengers are already in the game, X-MAN INCOMING?????
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Since all of those Avengers are already in the game, X-MAN INCOMING?????

Angel/Archangel is going to be in the new X-Men movie. That would be my thought.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    JphXQUy.jpg?1

Of the characters not released, I would prefer to see Rogue or Jean Grey. Jean Grey is up there on my list of favorite characters but I think Rogue would have more interesting game mechanics involved.
  • TazFTW wrote:
    turul wrote:
    JphXQUy.jpg?1

Of the characters not released, I would prefer to see Rogue or Jean Grey. Jean Grey is up there on my list of favorite characters but I think Rogue would have more interesting game mechanics involved.
    I wonder if we'll get Jean Grey or phoenix(i'm sure they'll eventually do both)
  • I would say Rogue warrants 4* status because of the potential complexity of her skills. Jean Gray also for complexity/power.

Angel/Archangel is the only one from that image not already in the game that makes sense as a 3* to me
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    turul wrote:
    JphXQUy.jpg?1
    I'm hoping for Havok or Archangel.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    SmashAdam4 wrote:
    I would say Rogue warrants 4* status because of the potential complexity of her skills. Jean Gray also for complexity/power.

Angel/Archangel is the only one from that image not already in the game that makes sense as a 3* to me

Iceman and Havok aren't? Havok lead the Uncanny Avengers. He is not an X-Men character even though he is a mutant, so Marvel will be more interested in promoting him than Iceman. Rogue too.
  • notamutant wrote:
    SmashAdam4 wrote:
    I would say Rogue warrants 4* status because of the potential complexity of her skills. Jean Gray also for complexity/power.

Iceman and Havok aren't? Havok lead the Uncanny Avengers. He is not an X-Men character even though he is a mutant, so Marvel will be more interested in promoting him than Iceman. Rogue too.

Woops, I totally overlooked them for some reason.
  • notamutant wrote:
    SmashAdam4 wrote:

Fox has Havok. He was in X-Men: First Class and is rumored to be in the next one. I still think we might get him - the total ban only appears to apply to Fantastic Four characters - but Marvel isn't more likely to promote him than anyone else.

Angel, Rogue, Iceman, and Jean Grey are all relatively likely; it's arguable who the highest profile one of those is. I also wouldn't rule out a 3* Hawkeye, a 4* (or 2*) Hulk, or some other variation on someone we already have.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    SmashAdam4 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    SmashAdam4 wrote:

Woops, I totally overlooked them for some reason.

Same here.

BUT, they had their chances at all of them, this is not a first movie for any of them.

Jubilee will be new in the upcoming one.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I am in total shock. I was really really really certain that Marvel was COMPLETELY done with all promotions of non Marvel Studios owned characters........
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    I am in total shock. I was really really really certain that Marvel was COMPLETELY done with all promotions of non Marvel Studios owned characters........

The only ones that seem to have a total shutdown are the ones related to the Fantastic Four. X-Men are getting edited out of artwork and the like, but they're harder to exclude without devaluing the license, and possibly breaching contracts. I suspect we'll still see X-Men as about every third or fourth character, though there may be a fallow period when their next movie comes out.
  • turul
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

The only ones that seem to have a total shutdown are the ones related to the Fantastic Four. X-Men are getting edited out of artwork and the like, but they're harder to exclude without devaluing the license, and possibly breaching contracts. I suspect we'll still see X-Men as about every third or fourth character, though there may be a fallow period when their next movie comes out.

Dont forget that the next* char is Fantastic Four related icon_e_wink.gif
    *expectation
  • turul wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Dont forget that the next* char is Fantastic Four related icon_e_wink.gif
    *expectation

Is it one of the characters that's part of the film license? Only about half the characters in that picture were.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited June 2015
    TLCstormz wrote:

Haha, the games have actually been quite good, Avengers Alliance, War of Heroes etc. have non-Marvel studio owned characters I'd never think would make games. This game seems to be more tied to Marvel than those games though, so I'm not expecting many X-Characters, I'd like some of the peripheral ones to eventually reach the game though.

As for that poster, I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't even a character tease, might just be a Avengers vs X-Men event, or hopefully, a whole storyline. If it is one of them I'm hoping for Iceman or Angel. Save Jean Grey for a 4* that can be released in the future.
  • Followup: I found a complete listing of the characters on the poster here: http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... oster.html

(I couldn't remember a few of the minor ones)

His listing, minus the people I feel comfortable saying will never be in the game:

Clearly part of the Fantastic Four film license (have appeared on screen, plus a few I’ve heard repeatedly are part of the license) :
    Human Torch
    Reed Richards
    Galactus
    Silver Surfer
    Franklin Richards
    Susan Richards
    Super Skrull (Fox has Super-Skrull, Marvel can use Skrulls)
    Thing
    Doctor Doom
    Rama-Tut

Probably part of the film license:
    Impossible Man (the balloon)
    Watcher
    Red Ghost and his Apes (Mikhlo, Igor, and Peotr)
    Mad Thinker and his android
    Puppet Master
    Annihilus (The only one on this sublist I think is even a possibility for the game at this point)
    Psycho-Man
    Blastaar
    Diablo
    Wizard
    Trapster (Paste Pot Pete)
    Mole Man his Moloids

Might be, might not be:
    Dragon Man
    Molecule Man
    Quasimodo

Probably not part of the film license:
    Sentry 459 (Marvel definitely has Kree)
    Him (Adam Warlock)

Definitely not part of the license:
    Lockjaw
    Triton
    Maximus
    Black Bolt
    Medusa
    Gorgon
    Karnak
    Crystal
    Ronan the Accuser
    Sandman (Sony, shared with Marvel now)
    Klaw
    Skrulls (see above)
    Black Panther
    Namor (Universal)
    Attuma (Almost certainly tied to Namor)

A bunch of those in the "probably" category (and most of the maybes) are too minor to make it into the game. Of the people on the list that Marvel has complete control over, any of the Inhumans are reasonably likely, Klaw and Ronan were both in the last two MCU movies, the Inhumans get a movie in a few years, Sandman was in Spider-Man 3 (but is probably not coming any time soon). Universal has as much as announced they're not making a Namor movie, so Marvel will be getting him back.

Realistically, this is the list:
    Fox controlled (or probably) we don't have: Thing, Reed Richards, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus, Super-Skrull
    Not Fox controlled (or probably): Ronan, Klaw, Namor, Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, Adam Warlock, Sandman

I think the rest of the list is either too obscure or too difficult to implement. We may see Skrulls as goons, or something similar, but, for the time being, I think there are six potentially game-level characters in that picture Fox controls, two of whom are a stretch, and Galactus will never be playable, and eight Marvel has control over (I'm about 90% sure they have Adam Warlock).
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Sullstar wrote:
    As for that poster, I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't even a character tease, might just be a Avengers vs X-Men event, or hopefully, a whole storyline. If it is one of them I'm hoping for Iceman or Angel. Save Jean Grey for a 4* that can be released in the future.

Well the hint was "Token Saving Mode: On", so I'm going with character release.

Unless we'll be able to pull events out of tokens... Heroic: Juggernaut will become the new Moonstone.
This discussion has been closed.