The Simulator - Dec 30 - Jan 7

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
    Given the time frame, if we choose a 6 pm (Eastern) end time, does that mean we have a sub ending at 6 am, or will they all end at 6 pm? Because I'm choosing completely based on that; I'd like to pick a non-midnight nd time, and I'd like to pick an "off" time for easier competition, but a 6 am end time will undermine all that.
    Alternating 6AM and 6PM.

And yes it's 2 and a half hour refreshes.

This is going to be miserable.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Given the time frame, if we choose a 6 pm (Eastern) end time, does that mean we have a sub ending at 6 am, or will they all end at 6 pm? Because I'm choosing completely based on that; I'd like to pick a non-midnight nd time, and I'd like to pick an "off" time for easier competition, but a 6 am end time will undermine all that.

if i understand it right i picked 6pm end time

so it will be

stage 1 starts 6am tues ends 6pm thursday
    stage 2 starts 6pm thur ends 6am sun
    stage 3 starts am sun ends pm tues

so just 3 stages

hopefully those are right i can grind at the end on all 3 end times
  • dearbluey wrote:
    We also seem to be back to 2.5 hour refresh times.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dearbluey wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I want Luke Cage but 2.5H refresh times and Simulator Hard don't mix.

Any advice on Simulator Hard? I normally just rubberband it at last hour so I don't have to deal with personal scaling. Of course this reflects my overall rank badly but Sim hard always drains so much Health Packs....
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    After Enemy of the State, this event just feels like a major step backward

A full rotation of both subs = less points than one node in Enemy of the state
  • Simulator Hard usually has scaling that gets out of control so quickly that you don't have to worry about the 2H 24M refresh because nobody is beating them every 2H 24M to begin with, and since a full clear of the hard bracket is usually impossible don't expect any help from the rubberband either. You should take the easiest missions you can beat safely and just keep on do them plus the essentials. Of course, sometimes there are no missions you can beat safely, including the essentials, so then it becomes a matter of finding the 3 missions that you're most likely to beat at all and keep doing them, which will usually be the 3 essentials but sometimes the game does throw you a bone.
  • Full clears only become difficult on hard on Sim 3, and if we're gonna have patch as essential for all 3, expect people to be doing full clears until the last second.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    One step forward, two steps backward.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08i9kvCJvJ0
  • ark123 wrote:
    Full clears only become difficult on hard on Sim 3, and if we're gonna have patch as essential for all 3, expect people to be doing full clears until the last second.

I hope not T-T

Also side note: WHERE IS THE STAT SCREEN D3?!?!?!?!?!??! ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO RECORD OUR PROGRESS AS A GUILD icon_e_sad.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Certain irony that the 3 characters advertising this thing (3* Magneto, Human Torch and Black Widow) are all out of token rotation at the moment.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    Full clears only become difficult on hard on Sim 3, and if we're gonna have patch as essential for all 3, expect people to be doing full clears until the last second.
    They rotate the essential character.
  • dearbluey wrote:

Demiurge: "Our research has shown that the shorter refreshes lead to higher engagement in PVE events with people playing more often. Our next PVE will have 2 hour refreshes to try to increase engagement further. Please look forward to it."
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Certain irony that the 3 characters advertising this thing (3* Magneto, Human Torch and Black Widow) are all out of token rotation at the moment.

At least they have Sentry, Patch, Mystique on the cover packs...
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Verno5x wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

Demiurge: "Our research has shown that the shorter refreshes lead to higher engagement in PVE events with people playing more often. Our next PVE will have 2 hour refreshes to try to increase engagement further. Please look forward to it."

Set and forget over the holiday period.

And no matter how much we complain, enough people are going to play for the new character that it wouldn't matter if they set the refreshes at an hour or 5 minutes or a whole week.

Same cycle over and over, repeat and repeat; not sure why anyone is surprised. Lower your expectations and they will be met.
  • Krause
    Krause Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Can I borrow Patch from someone in my alliance to participate in the essentials?
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Seems scaling is broken in the 2nd time slice......Simulator hard = level 40 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_e_sad.gif
  • Do they really think we have no lives? They could have made the Luke Cage PVE a 4 day PVE rather than a week long one and maybe do a tiny PVE between now and New Years Eve.

Either way, why aren't we using the 24h subs that clearly everyone loved during Enemy of the State?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do they really think we have no lives?
    Plenty of people don't. Just look at the PVE leaderboards.

I'm exclusively playing this for ISO while the scaling is bugged. If I end up T150, fine, if not, I'll get my Cage covers in PVP.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Do they really think we have no lives? They could have made the Luke Cage PVE a 4 day PVE rather than a week long one and maybe do a tiny PVE between now and New Years Eve.

Either way, why aren't we using the 24h subs that clearly everyone loved during Enemy of the State?

The shortest PVEs are Deadpool vs MPQ, Heroic Juggs, and Heroic Venom. The last time they released a new character on a short PVE was through Heroic Jugg, if I'm not mistaken, only to be met with much backlash and abuse. And Heroics have not appeared since then, and we even got the new PVE content as promised. Basically we got what we asked for.

With the "norm" of a new character every two PVEs, for two short PVEs that means a new guy every 8 days? For long PVEs it means a new guy every 2 weeks. Personally I'd prefer longer PVEs with several subs, enough time and opportunity to earn the HP for the roster slot for the new guy, than be swarmed with ultra short turnover rates with no HP to keep up.