11-50 :lukecage: yellowflag.pngblackflag.png
51-150 :lukecage: blackflag.png
151-400 icon_blackwidow.png Fishnets blackflag.png
401-800 cardpack.png Standard
801-1000 icon_razz.gif

Alliance:

1-100 :lukecage: blackflag.png

Comments

• Gonna be a bloodbath grind fest for top 2. icon_e_surprised.gif Other than that this will be a fun event, even with the bullseye troll. icon_lol.gif
  • Cool, i have every powered up person besides bullseye. Good thing too as essentials switch in this event. Sentry, wolverine , , and mystique have no synergy together tho which stinks...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    is there certain people you need for this event
  • Sigh.

Didn't they say something about slowing down with the new characters?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My question is this;... How in the world does D3 start an event that releases a new character when the scoring glitch is still here? It kind of sucks when you complete a node only to find you have less points than before you started! icon_mad.gif
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Sigh.

When did they say this? I don't recall seeing that, but I did recall seeing them mention that 4* characters would have plentiful releases.

Speaking of which, when they start dropping those all the time, I hope they don't stick to the top 50 format for everyone going forward. That'd just be brutal.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Sigh.

Mmm - I think they said something about returning to the 'usual' release rate, after the onslaught of new characters in the last couple of months.

I'm more irritated that they said no more new characters this year... yet sure enough, here we are. Sure, this one ends 'next year', but has two days of grinding in this year, and over New Year's Eve, which I find sadistic in the extreme - particularly considering they've thrown in Lady Thor as a top ranking reward.

Reeeally unimpressed. Certainly won't be putting in the effort for anything more than T100 at best. Hell, if I could get away with it and still help the alliance to get Luke, I'd just aim for the token. I'd much rather the chance to get someone I really need, than another new character that'll just rot away quietly.
  • Maybe by 'slowing down new characters' they meant instead of releasing characters every weekend PVE, they'd release them every....week-long...PVE....every week?

I don't understand D3's concept of time?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People are whiners. Normal rate is a character every two weeks. We are back to the normal rate. This character isn't released until next year. They kept their promise about next year.

I actually WANT more characters. I'm getting bored and have nothing left to work for. Don't need the covers for like 75% of events now. Just sitting around waiting for available 4 Thor covers (though I won't grind a top 2 in a PVE). Need more content, game's getting boring.

I think that's why I started playing Contest of Champions. At least it lets me switch back and forth between match-3 and fighting.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    I'm getting bored and have nothing left to work for. Don't need the covers for like 75% of events now. Just sitting around waiting for available 4 Thor covers (though I won't grind a top 2 in a PVE). Need more content, game's getting boring.
    scottee wrote:
    People are whiners.

They sure are. icon_e_smile.gif

More seriously, I think you're mistaking 'whining' for 'expressing concern from a particular point in the game'. And winning a character next year doesn't negate the fact the event for it is also taking place this year, and over a fairly significant holiday. My concern isn't that a new character is out, it's that there was an implication we wouldn't have to be grinding for anything new this year. Which is not the case.
  • I'm slightly frustrated its another weeklong event. The only reason I did halfway decent in enemy of the state is because I was sick from work, lol.

I guess I should just be glad they aren't making PVP weeklong events, too...

Again, D3: Can we have a WEEKEND event? I don't care if they only character offered is 0 star bullseye at this point icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They release characters every two weeks. If you want to say the characters are awarded every two weeks, or their events start every two weeks, it's the same thing.

And not everyone is in the same situation. Lots of people have MORE time to play during the holidays.

Also, I'm not sure why people feel like you HAVE to play every event, or win every new character. It only affects the essential nodes of the one event immediately after. ALL other events are fine. I played this entire last event without Elektra, and it didn't ruin my MPQ career or anything.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No surprises, Patch is essential in all 6 nodes.
  • How long is the sub?
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    x6_724 wrote:
    How long is the sub?

2.5 days. Normal and Hard running simultaneously.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    x6_724 wrote:
    How long is the sub?

2.5 days. Normal and Hard running simultaneously.
    That is ridiculous. Even normal sim is going to scale like crazy over 2.5 days

No one likes 36 hour subs
    D3 gives us 24 hour subs in Enemy of the state. Everyone loves it
    They follow up with Sim and give us 2.5 day subs?
  • Moon Roach
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Nodes (this is Wolveroach and his 2* roster) (Exactly the same levels for Moon Roach and his somewhat stronger roster):

Normal:

01 - Shinobi 7, 2* Storm 15, Teisatsu 7
    02 - Juggernaut 7, Colossus 40, Bagman 15
    03 - Pyro 8, Blade 40, Pyro 8
    04 - Grenadier 6, Konran 6, Muscle 6 (1000 ISO)
    05 - 2* Hawkeye 15, IM40 50, LCap 40
    06 - 3* Mag 40, 3* ASM 40, Falcon 40
    07 - Loki 40, LDaken 40, Black Panther 40
    08 - Loki 40, Beast 40, Rocket & Groot 40
    09 - She-Hulk 40, Ragnarock 40, Punisher 40
    10 - Loki 40, She-Hulk 40, Captain Marvel 40

Hard:

01 - 2* HT 15, Ares 15, OBW 15
    02 - Daredevil 40, 2* Storm 15, Punisher 40
    03 - Shinobi 5, Falcon 40, Konran 5
    04 - Don 9, Commander 9, Kishu 9 (2000 ISO)
    05 - Ares 15, Hood 40, Psylocke 40
    06 - Deadpool 40, 3* Magneto 40, Falcon 40
    07 - Gorgon 40, Elektra 70, Daredevil 40
    08 - 2* Thor 15, GSBW 40, 2* Daken 15
    09 - Rocket & Groot 40, Ragnarok 40, Hulk 40
    10 - She-Hulk 40, Elektra 70, Falcon 40

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with scaling, but...
  • Given the time frame, if we choose a 6 pm (Eastern) end time, does that mean we have a sub ending at 6 am, or will they all end at 6 pm? Because I'm choosing completely based on that; I'd like to pick a non-midnight nd time, and I'd like to pick an "off" time for easier competition, but a 6 am end time will undermine all that.
  • We also seem to be back to 2.5 hour refresh times.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Given the time frame, if we choose a 6 pm (Eastern) end time, does that mean we have a sub ending at 6 am, or will they all end at 6 pm? Because I'm choosing completely based on that; I'd like to pick a non-midnight nd time, and I'd like to pick an "off" time for easier competition, but a 6 am end time will undermine all that.

There are 180 hours in the event, which only seems to make sense to break it up into 3X60 hour (2D 12H) blocks. I guess it's possible to have something weird like 2D 12H, 2D, 2D, 1D but that'd indeed be very weird.