Meet Rocket & Groot- Nov 26-Dec 1

Options

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    ....I *like* Hawaiian pizza. Actually, pineapple can go on practically any pizza and make it better!

Take that back!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i was interested in the hawkeye at 6000 points and the wolverine at 10000 points
    During the previous event at every node i did get ~1000 points and i got just over 40.000 points in total.
    But now each battle barely gives 100 points , so is it really difficult to reach 6000/10 000 points ? Final ranking doesnt matter, i ll just sell that card anyway.

Your points were a lot higher per node last time due to rubberbanding. You probably started the event a lot later, which allowed the global leader to build up a huge lead. Rubberbanding is a multiplier applied to points, to allow you to get higher points if you start a later. Since you're starting this new PVE at the beginning, there is no rubberband. It isn't difficult to reach the 6k / 10k, if you play a lot. If those are your primary interests, you may want to wait a day or two, when the nodes will be worth more points, and you get more points for the same amount of effort you put in. The longer you wait, the more the lead will be, and the higher the multiplier will be on the nodes.

DISCLAIMER - Since this is a totally new PVE, there is no telling if there is rubberbanding.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grind a video game through the holidays?

I won't reuse the meme, but nope, nope, nope. Have fun addicts.
  • lukewin wrote:
    i was interested in the hawkeye at 6000 points and the wolverine at 10000 points
    During the previous event at every node i did get ~1000 points and i got just over 40.000 points in total.
    But now each battle barely gives 100 points , so is it really difficult to reach 6000/10 000 points ? Final ranking doesnt matter, i ll just sell that card anyway.

Your points were a lot higher per node last time due to rubberbanding. You probably started the event a lot later, which allowed the global leader to build up a huge lead. Rubberbanding is a multiplier applied to points, to allow you to get higher points if you start a later. Since you're starting this new PVE at the beginning, there is no rubberband. It isn't difficult to reach the 6k / 10k, if you play a lot. If those are your primary interests, you may want to wait a day or two, when the nodes will be worth more points, and you get more points for the same amount of effort you put in. The longer you wait, the more the lead will be, and the higher the multiplier will be on the nodes.

DISCLAIMER - Since this is a totally new PVE, there is no telling if there is rubberbanding.

so if i play all the nodes once today, and tomorrow once again, i get less points than if i clear them only once tomorrow ?
    Or if that refills back to 100%, you get the full 100% reward again, regardless of how many times you cleared it before?
  • The points will constantly refill, typically with a 2.5 hour countdown until its back to 100%. What that 100% is can change based on Rubberbanding, meaning how far behind you are from the top of the heap.

And also, as was mentioned before, the points for nodes also tend to go up as the event goes on so that people can hit those higher progression rewards.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Number of subevents: 3
    - New York
    - Madripoor
    - Latervia

Any sign of Iron Man GOG Edition? /Leak/
  • dearbluey wrote:
    ....I *like* Hawaiian pizza. Actually, pineapple can go on practically any pizza and make it better!

Take that back!

Never! I regret nothing!
  • Keep in mind, especially this early, you can skip a few of the hardest nodes without it killing your ability to place. I never did the hardest nodes in the last PVE more than once and still finished #2.
  • Grind a video game through the holidays?

I won't reuse the meme, but nope, nope, nope. Have fun addicts.

Some of us still have to work

Or are apart from family

Or maybe we can't play DOTA 2 b/c our internet is **** for some reason.

consider us all addicts tho, that's fair.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the first or second time in forever, I missed R&G cover from the last PvE. Real real life stuff and you know...

Do I have any chance? Do I start early and just grind like mad? Do I wait a day or so?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I completely lost it on the dialogue after "Criminal Enterprise." Seriously, I bust a gut laughing.

I'm with Groot. Hawaiin pizza all the way.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Less is more, guys. Straight away with another PVE and you've made it super-competitive again by offering Hooty McThor.

Meh. I'll play when I can be bothered and hopefully get another Cap Marvel red. It's just too much.

On the plus side, glad it's new content.
  • If this ends up being all 5am finish times again I'm going to rage like the Hulk on a bad day.

There will be 3 subs each 1.5 days in length so you get a Saturday Evening finish.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On second thought, LOL at "new content".

Goons. Juggs with goons. Hood with goons.

A couple of Rocket gags doesn't make new content.

What a joke.
  • On second thought, LOL at "new content".

Goons. Juggs with goons. Hood with goons.

A couple of Rocket gags doesn't make new content.

What a joke.

If I felt like making a meme, this'd be it:

~~~~

Demiurge releases "new content"

*Insert Trollface/#Kappa/etc*

Demiurge then immediately comments they're immediately repeating that content to release Gamora

~~~~~

I think at this point we need to face more "skrulls that morphed into other people" a la family reunion. Hell why haven't we fought Doc Ock or Mystique yet?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

I think at this point we need to face more "skrulls that morphed into other people" a la family reunion. Hell why haven't we fought Doc Ock or Mystique yet?
    You will fight Dark Avengers and you will tolerate it
  • First impressions:

1. This is the FIRST sub? It's pretty damn hard for a first sub. The intro with Hood and Juggy kicked my ****. Thanks for giving me a non-rainbow group of characters to play with, MPQ. Nothing says "I am ready to take down Juggernaut" then Modern Hawkeye tanking a few colors.

2. The dialogue is pretty funny. But it's also pretty scant. Am I looking for too much story in a F2P match-three game? Probably. But so far...Juggernaut and Hood. Great. Obviously those two have...ya know...a long history together.

3. Rocket and Groot are...not as great as I'd like them to be. I only have them at 1/1/1, but so far they're just quietly taking damage while characters with more useful abilities are doing all the fun stuff. BLAMM-O! WE SAT BACK HERE AND WATCHED OTHER PEOPLE DO COOL STUFF!

Also, Groot's passive is pretty fun, but it never goes off because Hood shoots him twice in the damn head and kills him. Or he's head-butted to death. Woo.
  • fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

You will fight Dark Avengers and you will tolerate it

I'm willing to compromise - can we fight Mystique shapeshifted into level 999 Juggernaut at least?

3*Ares?

Life-Model Decoy Bullseye?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    PLEASE reduce scaling.

kthxbai