Thick As Thieves: Nov 19th - Nov 25th

Options

Comments

• fmftint wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Oh, hey, I can't get in right now since I'm at work. Who's boosted?
    icon_falcon.png
    icon_psylocke.png
    icon_storm.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_humantorch.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_wolverine.pngstar.pngstar.png

This roster would work well for event a heroic event. No it doesn't have everything you want covered but at least there's no gaping holes, and even pretty good synergy to go with Falcon here.
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    I thought maybe that 3*Mag getting nerfed would make that node easier.

I thought wrong.

Trouble is CMags was never OP as played by the AI. What made him OP was that you could place his blue protect tiles (and thereby create potentially near-infinite chains of crits,) and spam his red. The AI places the blue randomly and never casts the same power twice in a turn. The CMags nerf actually made him a better defensive character because his red packs more punch and his blue is fairly consistent...

I understand all of that.

An OP character is still OP even if underutilized by AI.

All I know is I'm not going to do a node where 3*Mag can output 3k+ dmg so easily
  • fmftint wrote:
    WTH? Family Reunion VII has scaled from Normal to Hard in less than one rotation?

We Are Groot
  • Aaaaaaand just realized I don't actually have Falcon. Might just end up joining as late as possible to avoid losing too much from my inability to play the Essentials. Damn.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    Aaaaaaand just realized I don't actually have Falcon. Might just end up joining as late as possible to avoid losing too much from my inability to play the Essentials. Damn.
    Previous PVE gave out falcons as rewards. So if you had done fairly well for last PvE. You should be able to have one.
    That has always been the format. Know it. Prepare for it.
    If you miss last PVE, and previously has no falcon, tough luck.

By the way.
    next PVE essentials require rocket and groot
  • How many hours until the 1st sub ends?

Gracias.
  • I was on vacation, and wasn't around for most of the last PVE. I know how the Essentials work, I just completely forgot that I didn't actually have Falcon on my roster.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many hours until the 1st sub ends?

Gracias.
    27.5 hours
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    So they changed the subs to run for 36 hours? Hmn. I'm trying to figure out how they're going to fit the 3 subs into a 6.5 day event. There's not enough time to run through each sub twice... even overlapping that doesn't seem to work out. And if they only run through the three subs once, that seems like too much time left for the main nodes, especially if you can only play the main nodes once as per the last run of the event.

It's doable. Event is 156 hours long.

Hours / Sub
    0-36 Sub 1a
    24-60 Sub 2a
    48-84 Sub 3a
    72-108 Sub 1b
    96-132 Sub 2b
    120-156 Sub 3b

That would have all subs ending at the same time of the day though which D3 doesn't usually do with that many subs. So there would probably be a 12 hour shift in the start times between the 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th. Could have the last sub end with 12 hours left and only leave the main bracket nodes for the end.
  • unimatrix wrote:
    Fievel wrote:
    Aaaaaaand just realized I don't actually have Falcon. Might just end up joining as late as possible to avoid losing too much from my inability to play the Essentials. Damn.
    Previous PVE gave out falcons as rewards. So if you had done fairly well for last PvE. You should be able to have one.
    That has always been the format. Know it. Prepare for it.
    If you miss last PVE, and previously has no falcon, tough luck.

By the way.
    next PVE essentials require rocket and groot

I m afriad that the 2nd sub and 3rd sub request icon_psylocke.png & icon_storm.png have a nice day
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    icon_falcon.png
    icon_psylocke.png
    icon_storm.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_humantorch.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_wolverine.pngstar.pngstar.png

Ooooh, Falcon and Psylocke, nice team.
    I'm wondering if the devs saw the character rankings and are trying to prove that you can run Falcon with more than just Daken.

Can't beat that Don, IM35, Mags node. Don't have strong enough Falcon/Psylocke.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    I thought maybe that 3*Mag getting nerfed would make that node easier.

I thought wrong.

Trouble is CMags was never OP as played by the AI. What made him OP was that you could place his blue protect tiles (and thereby create potentially near-infinite chains of crits,) and spam his red. The AI places the blue randomly and never casts the same power twice in a turn. The CMags nerf actually made him a better defensive character because his red packs more punch and his blue is fairly consistent...

I understand all of that.

An OP character is still OP even if underutilized by AI.

All I know is I'm not going to do a node where 3*Mag can output 3k+ dmg so easily

He's not really OP - what made him OP was the way he was used. Since they changed him, he can't be abused. What makes this node so damn tough is that you have a blue/yellow/black feeder and some very high level characters. It's actually kind of ridiculous. I wiped out on twice now.
  • I'm having alot of luck running Maxed AWolvie, Maxed OBW, and level 84 Cstorm againt 140ish Mags/IM/Don.

Targeting Mags first and prioritizing Blue/Green/Red in that order. Build up enough for windstorm and switch to IM before firing to stun. Go back and finish off Mags, then back to IM, and save Don for last.

Getting strike tiles out from Wolvie's green makes OBW do ridiculous damage...
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:
    I'm having alot of luck running Maxed AWolvie, Maxed OBW, and level 84 Cstorm againt 140ish Mags/IM/Don.

Targeting Mags first and prioritizing Blue/Green/Red in that order. Build up enough for windstorm and switch to IM before firing to stun. Go back and finish off Mags, then back to IM, and save Don for last.

Getting strike tiles out from Wolvie's green makes OBW do ridiculous damage...

Thanks for the advice. This works on a level 180 for this node.
    Appreciate the advice
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wiped pretty quickly the first time on that node running Falcon/AWolv/MoStorm.
    Switched out MoStorm for Lil' Torch and took that node pretty quickly prioritizing his colors.
    Used AWolv's Feral Claws & Torch's Inferno for attack/strike tiles which Falcon boosts pretty well.
    Being able to quickly take out cMags quickly w/Fireball made things a lot easier.

We'll see what boards the RNG gives me the next time.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried sentrybombing that node - wiped out for the third time. I didn't use boosts, but it wouldn't have mattered - CMags got a Coersive Field out second turn.

Mine's at 192. My highest level character is 157. Sheesh.
  • Don't try to incorpoate Falcon into your team against Magneto. It just doesn't work. Of course even your best team would have a hard time beating him, but it's at least better than using Falcon. X Force + Captain America + The Hood is probably the best configuration since Surgical Strike is going to be on red on that fight. If you don't have X Force, you probably should still use Captain America because you need multiple moves to take down Magneto (at least at my scaling) and Star Spangled Avenger is a pretty good bet, and if you get lucky you can stun Magneto when they have 10 or more blue AP and hope they use Cook the Books instead and you definitely need a way to get rid of special tiles in that fight.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat Magneto with Falcon, but it involved boosting Red/Yellow/Green/Black for a quick dose of AWolvie strike tiles and then a whole lot of Espionage cascades fueled by Inspiration. Wouldn't have worked with a bad board.
  • I beat Magneto with Falcon, but it involved boosting Red/Yellow/Green/Black for a quick dose of AWolvie strike tiles and then a whole lot of Espionage cascades fueled by Inspiration. Wouldn't have worked with a bad board.

Nothing is impossible but Falcon really excels in a long drawn out match, but you're not going to outlast Magneto backed by Don. It's just the wrong kind of game for him to excel at. Whether Magneto is downed in the first 10 turn or so pretty much decides the whole fight.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone have a 5 red Cap Marvel by chance??? icon_twisted.gif