MPQ Interview At Marvel.com: Mystique Revealed!

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It means you will have to think about how you play Mystique, waiting for the right moment to strike.
    Given her health, you'd better not think too long... icon_e_smile.gif
  • locked wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    Since Jugs is the next PVE, Please!, give one of these covers are progression rewards: CMags red, LThor yellow or green, Hood blue, Patch green, Sentry green or yellow. I need them SO bad!

Also, for the love of god, I need 1 more black OBW! You have been giving out purple and blue like candy the past months. Please give a black OBW in progression, I am begging you!
    Patch is completely out of this season's events, token packs and rewards (same as Punisher and Human Torch). Hood and cMags have already been featured this season (well, cMags covers were given out in Anniversary's Balance of Power technically). I'm afraid Black Panther will be the 3* prog in Heroic Juggs since he will be the required 3*. At least hopefully it will be a yellow/black instead of his dreadful blue. Do play as many LRs as you can, your black oBW waits there in random drops.

I still think Blade will be a progressive reward as well. You know, it'd be nice, since Heroic Juggs PVE.

That's a big no on this one. Only 1 3* progression per PvE (Except Gauntlet). It'll be BP (probably Blue).
  • simonsez wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:
    It seems, like Beast, her abilities almost work against each other.

Shapeshift: Steals AP when the opponent matches R/G/Y (at first) and later adds a stun. If they are stunned, they can't match colors and you can't steal. And countdown tile. Why is D3 obsessed with countdown tiles?

Infiltration: Changes R/G/Y tiles to Black and Purple. When you use this Shapeshift is less effective because there are now fewer R/G/Y tiles for the opponent to match so you steal less AP.

Masterstroke: Deals damage while reducing R/G/Y for everyone. And destroys the Shapeshift countdown tile dealing more damage.

So, you are stealing R/G/Y so you can reduce the power of your opponents and increase your own but her ONE damage dealing ability reduces the very AP you have been stealing.

Ummm...****?
    Very good summary. This is pretty much what I was getting at when I said earlier that a slow-to-ramp-up y/g character might not work well with her. I don't see her as similar to hood or OBW at all. It's more like the point of her is to try to keep BOTH sides from getting off any r/g/y

Masterstroke stops draining your own AP as you level it apparently, plus its her damage ability, making it a canidate for 5 covers.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    john1620b wrote:
    Her icon is . . . lips? Really? There was nothing better suggested by anyone?
    loroku wrote:
    <snip> I like her abilities, but her art... really? We honestly get a spine-breaker T&A pose in 2014? I thought comics (and their respective properties) were at least trying to get used to the idea that they could be a little less sexist? I mean her cover - the actual cover of the actual book - is great. So why go with a spine-breaker? Do the devs seriously not even notice anymore?

This is the reason that when anyone complains about the portrayal of female characters in comics, I have nothing to say. There is no defense and it's a bit disappointing that it still happens.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Heroic Juggernaut? Really? Tinykitty again?

Nobody likes Heroic PVE. Why do you insist on running them again and again?

Hi all,

I brought this up to the developers today in our daily conversation and they were already aware of the sentiments regarding Heroic Juggernaut. So, the feedback is being heard. Two things were expressed. Firstly, please do continue letting us know what you don't like about these types of Heroics. The opinions and suggestions are being taken into consideration so that we can improve moving forward. Secondly, you'll see less of this type of Event as the new PVE content is added to the game.

I know! Let me stop you right there - the new PVE content has been long-in-arriving - but I can reassure you once again that it is in development and will be added in the near future.

Hope that helps a bit. Thanks!
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]

I know! Let me stop you right there - the new PVE content has been long-in-arriving - but I can reassure you once again that it is in development and will be added in the near future.

I appreciate you taking the time to check in with us, David, but we're seriously at a "money where your mouth is" point as far as new PVE content. Near future should hopefully be before the end of 2014, and even more hopefully before the end of freakin' November.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    David, thanks for responding and passing along the sentiment on the forums. Did the timing of the PvE ending come up in conversation? I know for me, the fact that this PvE to introduce a new character ends an hour before the season is a major part of my unhappiness with the situation. I just don't understand the reasoning behind this scheduling (which has happened repeatedly in the past). The fact that the PvE is Heroic Juggernaut just exacerbates the problem.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I appreciate you taking the time to check in with us, David, but we're seriously at a "money where your mouth is" point as far as new PVE content. Near future should hopefully be before the end of 2014, and even more hopefully before the end of freakin' November.

And if at the end of November, it needs to involve Deadpool and turkeys.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hi all,

I brought this up to the developers today in our daily conversation and they were already aware of the sentiments regarding Heroic Juggernaut. So, the feedback is being heard. Two things were expressed. Firstly, please do continue letting us know what you don't like about these types of Heroics. The opinions and suggestions are being taken into consideration so that we can improve moving forward. Secondly, you'll see less of this type of Event as the new PVE content is added to the game.

Here's a big part of the problem: The event is three and a half days of grinding, with scaling going up and up, with a limited, not-particularly well coordinated roster, and nodes becoming functionally impossible one by one and still having to be grinded into oblivion. It's enemies we've fought over and over, repeating ad nauseam, and over-scaled to the point where a single CD tile can wipe out your team. And we've done it many, many times. The rewards are limited, the gameplay is boring, and there's no margin for error. And community scaling makes it absolutely infuriating.

In short, there is nothing good about these events. They're not fun, they're not rewarding, they're not novel, and they're not interesting. They are the game phoning it in.

Don't confuse this with challenging. The Gauntlet is challenging - once you beat a tricky node you don't have to do it again. You get a prize, get a little further along, and are ready to tackle the next challenge. And you have access to your roster, so it's often a matter of finding the right combination of personnel. Juggernaut is just doing the same thing over and over again, and hoping you don't get a bad board.

Juggernaut is just grinding, over and over. It's going in the forest to kill boars, except the boars get tougher and drop worse rewards as time goes on. And then the boars become impossible to beat, and still don't give you anything for beating them.

Nearly every character has been released in one of these lately. And they're awful, awful events.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hi all,

Thanks for the info!

I was going to reply that you would think that giving the forum more information would be a good thing, but you're pretty soon going to have deal with "people wanting stuff NOW!" But I see I'm already too late.
  • scottee wrote:

Thanks for the info!

I was going to reply that you would think that giving the forum more information would be a good thing, but you're pretty soon going to have deal with "people wanting stuff NOW!" But I see I'm already too late.

Why don't you tinykitty right off?

Everyone who has responded to David has been polite, and have only gone on to elucidate the SINCERITY of our emotions in how epic Heroic Juggernaut (or Venom or whatever) is in its awfulness.

You want to put words in our mouths, why don't you do it in a coherent manner.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]I brought this up to the developers today in our daily conversation and they were already aware of the sentiments regarding Heroic Juggernaut. So, the feedback is being heard.

So what you're telling us is that they know that the masses dislike this specific variety of PVE and yet still just shrug their shoulders and say, "Tiny kitty 'em." Because that's probably not something you should be relaying to us. It's not like this is the first time a Heroic has come up and the forum revolted. It happened during the Anniversary Event, too, when the Heroic: Venom ran. The only reason the ire at the Heroic wasn't as bad was that people were more upset over the token reward screw-up.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hi all,

We definitely realize that resources are limited. While I'd love to see new story content, recycled events are a fact of life when playing MPQ. We just want them to stop recycling the really bad events. We would be perfectly happy to deal with a bit more repetition in exchange for the death of these frustrating grindtastic messes.

Retire the sub-less events and you still have two viable Heroics (Oscorp and DA), five story chapters (The Hunt, Thick as Thieves, ISO-8 Brotherhood, The Hulk, Prodigal Sun), the simulator, the Gauntlet and Deadpool vs. MPQ to play with. I think we'd all be just fine going Hunt->Simulator->TaT->Gauntlet->Hulk->Deadpool->Brotherhood->Simulator->Prodigal->Gauntlet->Repeat, with the Heroics tossed in somewhere along there.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hi all,

Thanks for the info!

~ icon_e_wink.gif
    hqdefault.jpg
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options

Everyone who has responded to David has been polite, and have only gone on to elucidate the SINCERITY of our emotions in how epic Heroic Juggernaut (or Venom or whatever) is in its awfulness.

Fievel wrote:
    So what you're telling us is that they know that the masses dislike this specific variety of PVE and yet still just shrug their shoulders and say, "Tiny kitty 'em." Because that's probably not something you should be relaying to us. It's not like this is the first time a Heroic has come up and the forum revolted. It happened during the Anniversary Event, too, when the Heroic: Venom ran. The only reason the ire at the Heroic wasn't as bad was that people were more upset over the token reward screw-up.

So scottee, at worst, jumped the gun by 14 minutes, eh? icon_lol.gif
  • HailMary wrote:

Fievel wrote:

Technically no. No one has said they want anything NOW! icon_e_smile.gif He jumped the gun, period.

• Technically no. No one has said they want anything NOW! icon_e_smile.gif He jumped the gun, period.

Exactly. Who's demanding something now? Who wants an award? C'mon.
  • HailMary wrote:

Fievel wrote:

I'm missing the part where I was rude and demanding anything. I simply expressed my displeasure at the fact that we were told that the Devs knew about our displeasure and instead of responding, they did...nothing? Nothing.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    So what you're telling us is that they know that the masses dislike this specific variety of PVE and yet still just shrug their shoulders and say, "Tiny kitty 'em." Because that's probably not something you should be relaying to us.
    Fievel wrote:
    I'm missing the part where I was rude and demanding anything. I simply expressed my displeasure at the fact that we were told that the Devs knew about our displeasure and instead of responding, they did...nothing? Nothing.
    Yes, it's almost as if you didn't just equate "the devs have canceled HJuggs" to "the devs did...nothing? Nothing." I agree with the OP, too, but beyond the fact that we don't know if "the masses" generally dislike Heroics more than other PVEs, "the response doesn't count because y'all didn't say/do what I wanted" seems rather demanding.

It's adorable, though, that "white-knighting" seems to be the empty retort du jour, while fantasizing about devs saying "Tiny kitty 'em" gets whimsically recast as politely "expressing my displeasure" at devs' supposed non-response. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    It's adorable, though, that "white-knighting" seems to be the empty retort du jour, while fantasizing about devs saying "Tiny kitty 'em" gets whimsically recast as politely "expressing my displeasure" at devs' supposed non-response. icon_rolleyes.gif
    I know it hurts man, but the truth shall set you free brother. Embrace it, like a waaarm comfy white blanket.
    You are the walrus, coo coo Kachoo.