MPQ Interview At Marvel.com: Mystique Revealed!

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

An exciting new interview with Marvel Puzzle Quest Producer, Joe Fletcher has just gone up at Marvel.com revealing a shape-shifting new addition to the game - Mystique!
Get a first-look at screenshots and the lowdown on Raven Darkholme's mutant abilities.

You can find it here: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2360 ... t_mystique

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: MYSTIQUE
Quote:
"Marvel.com: Want to give us the skinny on her abilities?

Joe Fletcher: Mystique’s abilities in the game are slanted towards her more behind the scenes scheming and planning than her also formidable close combat skills. She’s a Purple, Blue, Black character, which is also interesting for color choices, bringing her even with the likes of Original Black Widow but in [three star] land."

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heroic Juggernaut? Really? Tinykitty again?

Nope, sorry, that's ****. Regardless of anything else in this interview, that spoils it. At least use Oscorp. It's been months since that one ran, and it's not unbelievably freaking awful.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Nope, sorry, that's ****. Regardless of anything else in this interview, that spoils it. At least use Oscorp. It's been months since that one ran, and it's not unbelievably freaking awful.

Haha I had the same reaction. Everything sounded pretty good until they mentioned the heroic.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Per the interview: You don't want Mystique to front line. Who exactly is going to tank for her? With Purple/Blue/Black she is going to have a hard time finding someone to cover her colors if you max level her.

OBW, to an extent, has this same problem. And she actively wants her colors for Espionage. She pops health packs like candy. Mystique will too.
  • Love how they allude to her ability to be used in a storyline yet we just get rehashed stories. Also the fact that LOTS more is planned for the year and we in November doesn't bode we'll for our HPs
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options

Agreed. Nobody likes Heroic PVE. Why do you insist on running them again and again?
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What I can gather from pics:

purpletile.png Shapeshift cost 8
    bluetile.png Infiltration costs 9. Transforms 8 random basic redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png tiles into purpletile.png or blacktile.png tiles (at level 4). At level 5 transforms 10 tiles.
    blacktile.png Masterstroke costs 11. Should deal at least 6800 dmg when combined with shapeshift.

She has low health so maybe 5950 at max level as pics show.
  • You're seriously going back to releasing characters in heroics? Especially that heroic? That's literally the most disappointing thing you could have done. This is just flat out terrible game management.

You are lowering my commitment to this game.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Nick-Thor wrote:
    Also the fact that LOTS more is planned for the year and we in November doesn't bode we'll for our HPs

I fear that I have to delete my Yelena and Venom icon_e_sad.gif
  • There's one good thing about heroic pve's... Come on HP suck memes.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not only do the players hate Venom and Juggernaut, but the devs have implicitly acknowledged their badness by fixing the design of the later Heroic events. And yet they keep recycling the garbage.
  • I don't really like these thinly veiled attempts to make a specific counter character. What's next, a character that's strong against someone who has a blue passive and black and yellow active? A character that's strong against someone whose name begins with "The"? Strong against someone whose name starts with 'S' and ends in "Y"? A character strong against an oppoent that uses claws?
  • Nick-Thor wrote:
    Love how they allude to her ability to be used in a storyline yet we just get rehashed stories.

Holy ****, this.

They really, REALLY need to start putting their money where their mouth is and giving us new PVE stories. Because after the third of these interviews in a row (and that's low-balling it...Captain Marvel, Colossus, Blade, Mystique, maybe She-Hulk, Doc Ock, etc...), it basically just sounds like noise noise noise.

It's patently ridiculous that we haven't seen new stories yet. Are they creating all new enemies/goons? Maybe that's the issue. In which case, LET US KNOW THAT, so we know why there's been such a looooong time between them saying there'll be new stuff and there actually being any new stuff ever.

I wonder if there's just one poor person in charge of all the PVE stuff, and everyone talks over them at meetings because they're so focused on PVP.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Interview highlights for me:
    At high levels of the ability this one-two punch of Shapeshifting and Masterstroke usage is more than enough to take out the likes of Patch Wolverine or her nominal employer Classic Magneto in a single strike.
    That sounds promising icon_cool.gif ... though Beast technically has a CTS-level one-two punch, too. icon_e_sad.gif
    Mystique’s not the last you've seen of the Marvel Universe ladies this year either, especially if you’re into the more rough and tumble types as opposed to Raven and Natasha’s black ops style combat.
    I hope this isn't simply a reference to GT.
  • We haven't had a new PVE with any story content since Deadpool, and that was at the beginning of August. Gauntlet was a new PVE, and it was appreciated, but it wasn't story content. We haven't gotten a new episode since, when? May? June?

But they're **** out another terrible Heroic. Couldn't they just randomly assign covers and not bother with the event?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That was my reaction. ****? Again with Heroic Juggernaut to introduce a new character? At the end of another season, to boot?? icon_evil.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A character and an even NO ONE asked for
  • Why not do Simulator Basic if they can't think of anything exciting. At least the format for Simulator Basic sort of works and it's sort of a new event each time by just mixing up the enemy you fight.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    At the very least can you reset everyone's PvE scaling? After another gauntlet, I can't even begin to imagine how bad my scaling is going to be.
  • fmftint wrote:
    A character and an even NO ONE asked for

I really, REALLY had this pegged as Gambit. He won the popular vote, the charged tile mechanics are now in place...and we get Mystique.

Show of hands of who asked for Mystique? Anyone? I have nothing against her personally, but she's always been problematic in Marvel games because her one cool ability is basically boring, mechanically. This one doesn't seem TOO bad, but...

And I know I've harped on this before...

She's not doing anything new. Countdown tiles, AP drain, and changing tile colors. WOW. IT'S LIKE A COMPLETELY NEW GAME.

The game is stagnating and they keep pushing out new characters. That's like adding more mayonnaise to a week-old egg salad. You're going to make people sick, D3. Stop serving it.
  • Don't need new characters. We need new stories. You have done two really well ones in Deadpool VS MPQ and The Gaunlet but we need more not the same old garbage over and over again.