MPQ Interview At Marvel.com: Mystique Revealed!

Comments

• TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    HailMary wrote:
    Mystique’s not the last you've seen of the Marvel Universe ladies this year either, especially if you’re into the more rough and tumble types as opposed to Raven and Natasha’s black ops style combat.
    I hope this isn't simply a reference to GT.

Probably Rogue. Lady Deathstrike if it is a villain but she's probably too "Wolvie".
  • Nick-Thor wrote:
    Love how they allude to her ability to be used in a storyline yet we just get rehashed stories.

I've come to the point where I interpret their mention of new "stories" to be like how to they described using Colossus' Fastball Special to create different stories. As in the stories you make up in your own head.

"Watch out Wolverine! Colossus just made Mystique shiftshape into you by tossing her into the air!!" Good story.

Cool story bro. Tell it again.

• Cool story bro. Tell it again.

Tell it again in a Heroic!
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Hey D3,
    why does it seem like your entire objective with this game is to see how much you can piss people off and still have them play???????????????????

Everyone hates Heroics, F'in Tinykitty EVERYONE!

Or are you trying to get all vets to quit? Because with the moves you've made lately, this is the only logical explanation I can think of.

You say you're trying to listen to the community, well no one asked for three new characters in three weeks, no one asked for new characters to be released in a heroic tourny and not many people asked for Mistique. In fact, in everything that I've seen, everyone asked for the complete opposite of this. So big ****?
    But, apparently you are listening, and just doing the exact opposite of what everyone asked for.

Myself and I sure some others would like an explanation, but as we all know you guys like to make controversial changes and then disappear for a week, with only replies to trivial questions that have nothing to do with why people feel slighted.

Everything you guys do is one step forward and three steps backwards. I sure hope you are making some money. I'm about tired of this ****.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic Juggernaut? Really? Tinykitty again?

Nope, sorry, that's ****. Regardless of anything else in this interview, that spoils it. At least use Oscorp. It's been months since that one ran, and it's not unbelievably freaking awful.
    Agreed. Nobody likes Heroic PVE. Why do you insist on running them again and again?
    I like Heroic PvEs and the challenge of a limited roster that highlights good and bad combinations that don't see as much play. BUT I much prefer the ones with sub-brackets over the Juggernaut/Venom events (and Unstable ISO obviously) which do not.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys are welcome. A character with AP like Widow.
  • Ok, I"m going to atempt to shift the topic here.

What team would you use for a Mystique PvP? Right now I am leaning Mystique, Deadpool, Thor. Rainbow ability coverage with 2 in Purple of all things, with 6 red ruining your day, and 14 purple/green for AoE damage.

I also kind of like Mystique, Patch, Black Panther. Hopefully Panther tanks Blue and Black. Patch/BP already work well together, add in an 8 purple ability to increase black tiles and hoo boy, watch out.

And then of course there is Mystique/Sentry/Hood for the top end icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    What team would you use for a Mystique PvP? Right now I am leaning Mystique, Deadpool, Thor.
    Until we see exactly what the numbers are for her AP steal and drain, it's hard to know if you'd want to rely on a yellow/green that take that long to ramp up. My first impression is that with her r/g/y drain, and the ability that clears r/g/y from the board, she's occupying such a narrow niche, I can't even figure out what it is. Yeah, obviously you're impairing anything that wants to use those colors against you, but you would've wanted them too to do damage. With her health as low as it is, you can't count on her to get her black off too many times before she's gone.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    You're seriously going back to releasing characters in heroics? Especially that heroic? That's literally the most disappointing thing you could have done. This is just flat out terrible game management.

You are lowering my commitment to this game.
    They won't let me upvote this. Give this man your upvotes.
  • I got the impression from the interview that the AP drain will affect more than just r/g/y as you add more covers to it. Just like Hood, at 1 blue cover he's only draining Blue and Purple.

I'm hoping she can be a decent AP drain character to cut down on the reliance on The Hood. Blade's AP drain is nice, but like you said, it take a little bit to ramp up and of course it only drains one color.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    adamLmpq wrote:
    I got the impression from the interview that the AP drain will affect more than just r/g/y as you add more covers to it.
    Be aware that in the interview "drain" is used in a different context than Blade, and that's what I was referring to. Her black will drain r/g/y from both sides... ie you're losing r/g/y.
  • Another heroic juggernaut grind... Wonderful. Excuse me while I go retch in the corner.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    icon_sentry.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_ragnarok.pngenemystrike.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_hulk.pngenemystrike.pngicon_ragnarok.png O icon_ironman.pngicon_captainamerica.png .... icon_juggernaut.png

I can already predict the 8 characters for the Juggerkitty - *** Thor, *** Colossus, *** Daredevil, ** MagNow, ** MiniMarvel, ** Hawkeye, * Ironman and * Black Widow.
  • simonsez wrote:
    adamLmpq wrote:
    I got the impression from the interview that the AP drain will affect more than just r/g/y as you add more covers to it.
    Be aware that in the interview "drain" is used in a different context than Blade, and that's what I was referring to. Her black will drain r/g/y from both sides... ie you're losing r/g/y.

I see what you're saying, I hadn't picked up on the distinction initially.

Still, I don't see her black ability that drains your own r/g/y as a huge problem as it seems like it's intended to be a finisher sort of move and you're not typically going to need to be too worried about AP reserves once you've used it. And even so, her purple ability, the way I imagine it, steals from the enemy team and gives to you, so if you're using that in combination then you're likely to have extra r/g/y anyway.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    Ok, I"m going to atempt to shift the topic here.

What team would you use for a Mystique PvP? Right now I am leaning Mystique, Deadpool, Thor. Rainbow ability coverage with 2 in Purple of all things, with 6 red ruining your day, and 14 purple/green for AoE damage.

I also kind of like Mystique, Patch, Black Panther. Hopefully Panther tanks Blue and Black. Patch/BP already work well together, add in an 8 purple ability to increase black tiles and hoo boy, watch out.

And then of course there is Mystique/Sentry/Hood for the top end icon_lol.gif

Also liking Mystique/Patch/Panther. And Panther should tank Blue and Black as long as he is higher level. Only, I think her blueflag.png transforms tiles to Purple and Black, and her purpleflag.png drains/steals, Red, Green, Yellow initially, but probably Black too with more covers. So watch out indeed. icon_e_smile.gif
    Plus, depending on how many tiles are changed and whether it overwrites your special tiles, her blueflag.png following Patch's greenflag.png could help both with cascades but also by matching the enemy strike tiles.
  • Especially if you are running some odd combination of no active green users. (Mystique, Blade, Deadpool anyone?)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, she would be great with patch. New purple tiles can match away the enemy strike tiles, while getting rid of basic greens that could match with your tiles.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Phantron wrote:
    Why not do Simulator Basic if they can't think of anything exciting. At least the format for Simulator Basic sort of works and it's sort of a new event each time by just mixing up the enemy you fight.

Man I'd love to see some simulator again
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    john1620b wrote:
    Her icon is . . . lips? Really? There was nothing better suggested by anyone?
    well if you want it changed just start a thread with an impassioned blog post about how it offends you in some way. Dont forget to add emotional stories of your parents from old country, and how its somehow sexists and triggered some event from your past.

It worked for colossus. icon_cool.gif

Jokes aside, she has like, a gorillian skulls all over her outfit that no one else uses as a icon logo. Its just as dumb as colossus and blades new icons
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Interview wrote:
    November 6 is her date for the PVE Event, a re-running of Heroic Chapter 2 - Juggernaut. Fitting, isn't it?

No. No it's not. It's **** rehashed **** that no one wants to play. I refer to the first 3 pages of this announcement thread for supporting evidence. The fact that the first two pages are almost exclusively responses to the PvE type, rather than the new character, should really... say something?

Now to find me an alliance that doesn't care about yet another character that can't be used for who knows how many months, so I can sleep this PvE away... icon_rolleyes.gif