The Hunt - Oct. 24-28

Options

Comments

• Pamizard wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    o.O holy guacamole... I'm in a bracket with only....12 players.... and the #1 spot is not that far ahead of me. If i grind very hard, I can get that number one spot in no time.

I also did was look at the player's teams. None of them has max covers. They all have like up to level 40s thats it.

icon_twisted.gif time for Pamizard to make a true comeback while waiting for an alliance here to invite her into their awesome team!

I don't think so. You've been bracketed with starting players. They are going to get infinitely easier opponents to beat thanks to the scaling mechanic, and will be able to run up points far quicker than you'll be able to.

yeah but if i can stay in the #3-10 I can get All three colors for Blade. The only thing that kills me is that i wont get another black cause I'm still looking for another Alliance to join since its been a while since I was here and I was kicked from one due to not doing so well in a PvP

Am I in your top10? Otherwise there are at least 2 open brackets right now.
  • papa07 wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    o.O holy guacamole... I'm in a bracket with only....12 players.... and the #1 spot is not that far ahead of me. If i grind very hard, I can get that number one spot in no time.

I also did was look at the player's teams. None of them has max covers. They all have like up to level 40s thats it.

icon_twisted.gif time for Pamizard to make a true comeback while waiting for an alliance here to invite her into their awesome team!

I don't think so. You've been bracketed with starting players. They are going to get infinitely easier opponents to beat thanks to the scaling mechanic, and will be able to run up points far quicker than you'll be able to.

yeah but if i can stay in the #3-10 I can get All three colors for Blade. The only thing that kills me is that i wont get another black cause I'm still looking for another Alliance to join since its been a while since I was here and I was kicked from one due to not doing so well in a PvP

Am I in your top10? Otherwise there are at least 2 open brackets right now.

No I dont think you are. I dont think anyone from here is in my bracket. Or else there would be some max covered heroes
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yet again I'm burnt out by this event and I've hardly even been grinding. Just cbf. Currently at 76 so I should easily be able to sit back and not do much now to coast in with a top 150 win. I'll jump into some essential nodes to top up if I need to.

I'd love some more covers as I really dig Blade but screw this, it's the exact opposite of fun. How the #1 in my main bracket has been able to grind to 113K is beyond me.
  • Pamizard wrote:
    No I dont think you are. I dont think anyone from here is in my bracket. Or else there would be some max covered heroes

I am the weakest of the top 10 with a high level of 120, rest of them are between 140 and 270, so looks like at least 2 open brackets. Mine is at 90 players.
  • ugh i dont know why my female instincts are telling me to keep looking at my ranks and watch to make sure it doesn't go down. I keep getting nervous about it, since I have been gone for so long, I really want to catch up to everyone since I've missed so much

Meanwhile I'm on the forums, hoping an Alliance will read my post in the alliance section that I'm looking FOR an alliance, so im not left back for anything.

Why does this game haunt me so xD.
  • So I was just doing Florida and happened to have a pretty illustrative example of why roster diversity is meaningless. I have all the nodes except Ares done and it's sitting at 251. I had 2 health pack so I don't want to go in with my A team and risk having 3 downed and then not having enough for the next cycle, so I decided to swap out Magneto for Black Panther and made a team of X Force + Black Panther + The Hood. Needless to say this didn't work because Daken did some 1K matches halfway through the game that easily put the game away, but I managed to hit retreat on time so only X Force was downed and The Hood and Black Panther escaped with a few hundred HP. It takes about 3 hours for The Hood to heal and it takes 6 hours for Black Panther to heal. Add another hour if they're downed. So I can try the same thing about 6-7 hours later, and this is a team that still had most of my go-to guys. If it was say Black Panther + (some other green user that isn't X Force) + (someone that isn't Hood) the chance of winning way be even less, and we're looking at 3 guys being out of commision for 6 or so hours if it failed.

Now does it hurt to try? No, but the chance of getting anything extra out of this is very slim given how few tries you have at the max roster stage just due to the excessive downtime.
  • Currently Rank 1 in my bracket. I hope i can stay strong into tomorrow (Any alliance need anyone icon_e_wink.gif im waiting for any recruiters!!!!!!!! )
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm just hitting the essentials + 1 goon node every 3 hours and I've got an 8k lead on #2 in my bracket. I have a 30k lead on #10 and that's all I was really looking to get.

I could probably stop playing now and get all 3 covers. It's a tempting prospect, I'm dead bored of Ragnarok and Venom.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's such a disappointment introducing Blade via a tired old PVE like The Hunt. In the interview link, the dev harps on about it being a cool way for them to start bringing the horror side of the Marvel Universe into the game and yet absolutely no effort was made with his introduction.

Would it really have been hard to do a cool 2 or 3 day event with new vampiric goon type enemies to buff out the nodes alongside the existing badguys or something? Feels like such a wasted opportunity after getting everyone geed up after Anniversary Week and with Halloween right around the corner.
  • Made top 2 in Alaska go me...

Too bad I just got rejected by an alliance ._. Didn't meet their expectations

Guess I'm going solo for the rest of this event tomorrow
  • If FierceKiwi browses these forums...dude/dudette, do you SLEEP?!
  • If FierceKiwi browses these forums...dude/dudette, do you SLEEP?!

Could've build up enough of a lead to afford to go to sleep by now!
  • Phantron wrote:
    If FierceKiwi browses these forums...dude/dudette, do you SLEEP?!

Could've build up enough of a lead to afford to go to sleep by now!

Yeah that's what I'm about to do. I need all the sleep I need to strive to get back to where I was before I was in hiatus from this game icon_e_sad.gif I don't want to be without an alliance. Its not fair!
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If FierceKiwi browses these forums...dude/dudette, do you SLEEP?!

Yeah some people would probably say not enough but weekends are pretty easy to just take 2 hour naps in between clears. Tonight I'll get a solid 5-7 hours straight.
  • The secret to not getting top 10. Have one of those life things. According to rumors, this entails work, friends, loved ones, non-mpq pastimes, social activities, and even something called sleeping.

I know this is just a rumor, so obviously anyone who is not hitting every node every 2.5 hours is just lazy because they do not want top 10 rewards.

P.S. If this 2.5 hour nonsense continues, I might have to investigate this "life" thing.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Made top 2 in Alaska go me...

Too bad I just got rejected by an alliance ._. Didn't meet their expectations

Guess I'm going solo for the rest of this event tomorrow

If you have a decent main bracket score, you should check out/post on the "Heroes for hire" thread in the alliance forums. There's usually an alliance looking for last minute temporary replacements to push their score into top 100 for the event.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Checked the last few pages and didn't see anything, so sorry if this is a repeat question:

What's the likely points available in the last 24 hours? I'm at 40k points right now, played only casually for the first few days and now I think I should have stuck to my original plan and just joined at the end. Do I stand a chance at that Ms Marvel Progression Cover? I'm thinking no. Buuut, I'm currently within top 100, so I think I'll just stick to clearing pins and then jumping on those Essentials to stay afloat. Fairly certain I can still come out of this with a Blade cover at least.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Checked the last few pages and didn't see anything, so sorry if this is a repeat question:

What's the likely points available in the last 24 hours? I'm at 40k points right now, played only casually for the first few days and now I think I should have stuck to my original plan and just joined at the end. Do I stand a chance at that Ms Marvel Progression Cover? I'm thinking no. Buuut, I'm currently within top 100, so I think I'll just stick to clearing pins and then jumping on those Essentials to stay afloat. Fairly certain I can still come out of this with a Blade cover at least.

You'd have to average 20K points per sub in the last 24 hours to make up 30K, since Florida will only have 12 hours left in the last 24 hours. While that number is quite possible for some people, given you only have 40K so far that's likely not possible for you.
  • Phantron wrote:
    So I was just doing Florida and happened to have a pretty illustrative example of why roster diversity is meaningless. I have all the nodes except Ares done and it's sitting at 251. I had 2 health pack so I don't want to go in with my A team and risk having 3 downed and then not having enough for the next cycle, so I decided to swap out Magneto for Black Panther and made a team of X Force + Black Panther + The Hood. Needless to say this didn't work because Daken did some 1K matches halfway through the game that easily put the game away, but I managed to hit retreat on time so only X Force was downed and The Hood and Black Panther escaped with a few hundred HP. It takes about 3 hours for The Hood to heal and it takes 6 hours for Black Panther to heal. Add another hour if they're downed. So I can try the same thing about 6-7 hours later, and this is a team that still had most of my go-to guys. If it was say Black Panther + (some other green user that isn't X Force) + (someone that isn't Hood) the chance of winning way be even less, and we're looking at 3 guys being out of commision for 6 or so hours if it failed.

Now does it hurt to try? No, but the chance of getting anything extra out of this is very slim given how few tries you have at the max roster stage just due to the excessive downtime.

Surgical is necessary to steal n take down daken/ares n it's stacked with BP rage.
    so u might want to try this team + rainbow boost :
    Hulk + Patch + BP : hulk will tank R/G/B n generate green from anger, prepare combo BattlePlan > B.Rage > RagePanther.
    XF + DP + Hood : Before surgical or xforce, slice all enemy once or focus on taking down daken first. Surgical will steal green from ares to relaunch XF or purple from daken to launch whales3.
    both team works on me (normal AI cascade),hope will help.
  • tobi69 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    So I was just doing Florida and happened to have a pretty illustrative example of why roster diversity is meaningless. I have all the nodes except Ares done and it's sitting at 251. I had 2 health pack so I don't want to go in with my A team and risk having 3 downed and then not having enough for the next cycle, so I decided to swap out Magneto for Black Panther and made a team of X Force + Black Panther + The Hood. Needless to say this didn't work because Daken did some 1K matches halfway through the game that easily put the game away, but I managed to hit retreat on time so only X Force was downed and The Hood and Black Panther escaped with a few hundred HP. It takes about 3 hours for The Hood to heal and it takes 6 hours for Black Panther to heal. Add another hour if they're downed. So I can try the same thing about 6-7 hours later, and this is a team that still had most of my go-to guys. If it was say Black Panther + (some other green user that isn't X Force) + (someone that isn't Hood) the chance of winning way be even less, and we're looking at 3 guys being out of commision for 6 or so hours if it failed.

Surgical is necessary to steal n take down daken/ares n it's stacked with BP rage.
    so u might want to try this team + rainbow boost :
    Hulk + Patch + BP : hulk will tank R/G/B n generate green from anger, prepare combo BattlePlan > B.Rage > RagePanther.
    XF + DP + Hood : Before surgical or xforce, slice all enemy once or focus on taking down daken first. Surgical will steal green from ares to relaunch XF or purple from daken to launch whales3.
    both team works on me (normal AI cascade),hope will help.

The original topic is on roster diversity. There's no point to use boosts on your B-team because you should've just run boosts on your A-team instead. If there's an encounter that your A-team can't beat, your B-team isn't beating it under the same circumstances unless it's an extremely gimmick situation, and there's nothing gimmick about a high level Ares or Daken as both will just flat overpower your team. But if your A-team can beat the encounter then you don't need your B-team to begin with.