The Hunt - Oct. 24-28

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    @Grim. i agree. It has been an easy decision to not be maniac grinder these past few events bc the recent releases have been so so. i think i got a bit excited thag Blade doesnt look terrible off the bat and i just decided to go for it.

Actually, all of the Tacos felt the same way and we went all in. On one hand it feels good to know that " we still got it" in pve when wr choose to flip the switch (currently #3 or #4 overall alliance). But we also all agree that its just too taxing.

Every now and then its good to grind...if for nothing else than to remind yourself that there are bwtter things to do w your time than to fight yelena dakan and venom for the 30,000th time.

marc

Yeah, I'm in a bracket that isn't too bad (joined late Friday, probably around 10pm.) I've been hitting the essentials every 2.5 hours as I can and sometimes grabbing a few more. I try to get every node on the board at least once, but the last couple I've been having to leave one undone.

Right now I'm #14, which suits me fine. Last night I got as high as #8, but the gap in scores has widened a bit today so I suspect the top 10 are going at it more fiercely than I want to. I've never actually gotten two covers from a PVE before, so I'll be very happy with top 50, which I'm well on track to getting. I also can't play to the end (EDT, ends at Midnight, I gotta get up for work at 6:30,) so I'll see how well I'm doing tonight.

On a related but tangental note, I'm finding I really like Ms. Marvel. I've been clearing the essentials with Hulk/Magneto/MsM and enjoying the heck out of it. Strategic Command followed by Polarizing Force can inflict some heavy damage.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it's not only the grinding - it's hitting the same 4 guys over and over and over

I miss Gauntlet sooooo bad, i would also settle for that simulator pve.
  • Yeah i usually am one who dislikes the hunt, especially savage land, which has the more harder nodes for me. I am doing my best to stay where I am, now I'm rank 4

I'm hoping the next PvE is better for me. Maybe Blade will be involved in the next PvE as well as having his own PvP event in the season (which i was avoiding when i shouldnt have, because i dont have many other high level heroes to use in both sections.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Yeah i usually am one who dislikes the hunt, especially savage land, which has the more harder nodes for me. I am doing my best to stay where I am, now I'm rank 4

I'm hoping the next PvE is better for me. Maybe Blade will be involved in the next PvE as well as having his own PvP event in the season (which i was avoiding when i shouldnt have, because i dont have many other high level heroes to use in both sections.

That's a given. The new character will always be both boosted and the required character for the next PvE. At some point near that PvE, there will be a PvP that rewards the new character & following that a PvP featuring the new character.

Because they usually do those at the same time, I often find myself pushing in the PvE to reach the Progression cover for the character in time to use it during the PvP, but those goals sometimes conflict.
  • Due to a family trip out of town I was not able to join this PvE until there were 2 days left. Thanks to rubberbanding, I now have 71k pts and currently sitting at Position 5 with a very high chance to complete Blade.

While I am not a fan of rubberbanding, I guess it did help me alot for this event.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    Due to a family trip out of town I was not able to join this PvE until there were 2 days left. Thanks to rubberbanding, I now have 71k pts and currently sitting at Position 5 with a very high chance to complete Blade.

While I am not a fan of rubberbanding, I guess it did help me alot for this event.

HOWZA!! Sheesh, I'm just barely a head of you (74k) and I started on Friday. Granted, I've been basically hitting every node once, and the required twice if that. I've been honestly taking this one pretty easy as I know it'll be a long while before I finish Blade, and I'm currently sitting well into the top 50. Honestly hoping I might be able to push into the top 20 near the end, but I'm not banking on it.
  • papa07 wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    This bracket will likely be open for at least 20 hours, if not the duration. Will keep you posted on status but this may be as good as it gets for the event.

Bracket update

At close of Alaska: 310
    Current: 587

Bracket has been open for 16hr15minutes, which is 36 people per hour. At that pace, it will fill with about 2 and a half hours to go.

However, the past 10 hours have filled at 28 per hour. At that pace, we will finish with 975 in the bracket.

If you are still waiting, that's a tough choice

Current: 728

Last 4 hours have filled at 35 per hour, if they continue at that pace, this bracket will fill around the 2 hour and 15 minute mark.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    Due to a family trip out of town I was not able to join this PvE until there were 2 days left. Thanks to rubberbanding, I now have 71k pts and currently sitting at Position 5 with a very high chance to complete Blade.
    WOW.

Did you grind every node down to a nub or something? I've been enjoying the rubberbanding as well but I don't think I'll hit 70k. But I'm not grinding like mad, either.

(The way I see it: 50k is the top progression reward in this event because that gives a chance at a 3*, as opposed to definitely a 2* that is severely undercovered. So that's all I'm really trying for.)
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guess I won't be touching that Hard Bullseye node (93/94/94) like ever.
    Did not even come close to downing the Pyro before both snipers took out 2* icon_thor.png and OBW.
    Retreated and 2* Ms. Marvel was downed - probably should've just wiped.
    No health packs means lost time as I wait for everyone useable to revive or heal.
  • Vankysher
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    silverrex wrote:
    WOW.

Did you grind every node down to a nub or something? I've been enjoying the rubberbanding as well but I don't think I'll hit 70k. But I'm not grinding like mad, either.

(The way I see it: 50k is the top progression reward in this event because that gives a chance at a 3*, as opposed to definitely a 2* that is severely undercovered. So that's all I'm really trying for.)
    Wow. That's crazy lucky.

I joined about 2-3 hours after the PvE started and played off and on during the weekend. Only really started grinding late yesterday and currently sit at #17 with 97k. To even break into the top 10 in my bracket, I need to top 112k icon_eek.gif
  • loroku wrote:
    silverrex wrote:
    WOW.

im usually a grinder, but for this one I just do the refreshes/essential (plus first pass) and only nail it down a couple of times when I goto bed. I did not realize I was able to complete the progression let alone a chance for top 10 finish. I guess I picked the right time to enter the event. I doubt I'll be this lucky every single time. Cant complain though.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    Wow. That's crazy lucky.

I joined about 2-3 hours after the PvE started and played off and on during the weekend. Only really started grinding late yesterday and currently sit at #17 with 97k. To even break into the top 10 in my bracket, I need to top 112k icon_eek.gif

I'm curious as to how much the brackets vary. I propose a bit of information gathering. I'm going to post the person who is currently at #1 and #10 in my bracket and their point totals - this will give us an idea how much variation the brackets have. The name will let us know if anyone is in the same bracket...

#1 Strongberry 118935
    #10 hamtaro 100595

I'm at 96042, btw.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    Wow. That's crazy lucky.

I'm curious as to how much the brackets vary. I propose a bit of information gathering. I'm going to post the person who is currently at #1 and #10 in my bracket and their point totals - this will give us an idea how much variation the brackets have. The name will let us know if anyone is in the same bracket...

#1 Strongberry 118935
    #10 hamtaro 100595

I'm at 96042, btw.

Top 2 likely to be locked in

#1 173820 lukewin (me)
    #2 144568 dkffiv
    #3 118225 Cshack27
    #10 105308 Raven Heart
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    My bracket has me far outclassed:

#1 = Soundwave = 199681
    #10 = jmarin = 121059

Cheers!
  • mind you I joined when there was 2days left

#1 fight4theream 83082
    #2 qiwi 81471
    #5 Genmaster (me) 74396
    #10 Rimas 61021
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    I really hate struggling against low level players. It really makes me look bad while they have it easy and i'm getting nodes that are hard.

And i dont have many team ups either. I'm stuck with enemy team ups which I can use when I'm up against them. I really should start looking for alliances' help right about now.

I'm currently at about 35k at #7 >.>

1) Don't like playing against low level players in PvE? Tough. Low level players get absolutely slaughtered in PvP, Simulator and, more often than not, LRs. And, as a result, their end of season score is also worse for wear, meaning they lose out in that respect too. PvE is the only arena in which they can fight with a realistically decent chance of coming out ahead. Considering high level players will rake in Blade once he's in PvP rewards, I really think the amount of whining about lower level players having a chance to get him in PvE is pretty pathetic.

2) As someone else suggested, go do some PvP rounds for Team-Ups. Given that they stopped dropping them so frequently, you're not the only person suffering in that respect. Plus, once you've been back for a while, you'll realise that TUs are a nice bonus if you make the required AP by chance, but they're certainly not something to base your game around. Wouldn't stress too much about it.

3) You want an alliance. It's clear. Very, very clear. But there's an entire sub-forum for alliances. Perhaps try there. And in the meantime, try joining a public alliance.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My bracket
    #1: 140K
    #9 116K (me)
    #10: 115K
  • Vankysher
    Options
    My bracket:

#1 Prochickien 142103
    #10 Nttb71 112815
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    I do seem to be in a somewhat slacker bracket. icon_e_smile.gif

Btw, hamtaro made it to #9 at 103356, hazgad passed Strongberry at 121383, and the latter is at 118935.

It's like a little drama!
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My bracket

1) Red Panda 135943
    2) marsupilamy31 135812
    3) Russ91 132531 (me)
    10) wildekarde18 122135

Amazeballs and DuffManOhYeah are in the top ten of mine as well.

Can't see 11 at the moment