The Hunt - Oct. 24-28

Options

Comments

• vudu3 wrote:
    I'm at 817, so probably the same bracket as Mr Stoat.

Looking at the top 10 indeed you are!
  • Phantron wrote:
    What nodes can you possibly use Storm + Magneto + Patch on that aren't already trivial? It's not possible to use this team for Captain Marvel essential nodes, and the 'hard' nodes are generally level 200+ and you're looking at a range they can one shot both of your support with most moves. Sure just because they can one shot you doesn't mean you can't beat it, but it's hardly a reliable way to approach level 200+ enemies. I see some borderline high 100 nodes early in the event but those can be handled by a standard mix of 3* as well. This event is difficult because the support you're counting on has a high chance of getting taken out by an Onslaught or Chemical Reaction. Even Gravity Warp can do 3K. I had a fight where the enemy took out The Hood with match damage on first turn (I think they had Bullseye who had a 4.5X modifier on crits), and while that's exceptionally bad luck, taking half of that damage sure is not unusual.

Clever girl 2 and 3 and Let's Dance (the only hard node).

They can't one-shot patch so you just tank with him until you can combo off. And if they manage to damage your team to a point where you might lose, cStorm will very often turn the tides - specially if you've used Zerker rage and her yellow goes off multiple times.

My let's dance is 212 and I'm doing it with this composition(boosting blue/purple)
  • ark123 wrote:

They can't one-shot patch so you just tank with him until you can combo off. And if they manage to damage your team to a point where you might lose, cStorm will very often turn the tides - specially if you've used Zerker rage and her yellow goes off multiple times.

My let's dance is 212 and I'm doing it with this composition(boosting blue/purple)

Clever Girl 2/3 doesn't have Daken or Ares and seems to be lower level in general compared to other subs. I'm sure that combo works fine there but a standard 3* team would work too. But once you have Daken or Ares on the other team in the 200+ range you just don't have any interesting tricks you can do. Clever Girl is a good example of the limit of how hard something can go and you still have a chance. I fought the level 200+ Daken/Ares many times in this event and once they start showing up, there's just nothing clever you can do when they're fully capable of making short work of characters with 10K+ HP let alone anything else. No they don't do that every time but you sure aren't going to be able to deny a Chemical Reaction or Onslaught with any reliability at 5 AP each.
  • Phantron wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Clever Girl 2/3 doesn't have Daken or Ares and seems to be lower level in general compared to other subs. I'm sure that combo works fine there but a standard 3* team would work too. But once you have Daken or Ares on the other team in the 200+ range you just don't have any interesting tricks you can do. Clever Girl is a good example of the limit of how hard something can go and you still have a chance. I fought the level 200+ Daken/Ares many times in this event and once they start showing up, there's just nothing clever you can do when they're fully capable of making short work of characters with 10K+ HP let alone anything else. No they don't do that every time but you sure aren't going to be able to deny a Chemical Reaction or Onslaught with any reliability at 5 AP each.

You misunderstood me. I'm not saying use cstorm or mnmags when you despair and no 3* works. I'm saying when your 3*s are recovering, remember to pay a visit to your 2*s because they can help a lot.

I do think that there's something to be said about trying to stun the high level Ares/Daken though. Yes they can kill your supports, but they can also make short work of my Hulk so I don't think more health is the answer. I can't picture a team that has very high reliability against those two anyway - I think a bad cascade with a bunch of blue or green will be enough to take out a Dino.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Also maybe people with 3* rosters forget how effective the mnmags+cstorm combo actually is. If you just add your 166 Patch to it and use red/green to tank the non-aoe hits you can finish a TON of nodes without ever taking any damage. Someone called it "Team white" in another thread, I use it constantly.
    I tried it for some of the easy nodes, failed like 3 times, and even if you pull it off, you're not going to get more than 1 node because of the match damage alone. (and there are a lot of bullseye nodes too)
  • Spoit wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Also maybe people with 3* rosters forget how effective the mnmags+cstorm combo actually is. If you just add your 166 Patch to it and use red/green to tank the non-aoe hits you can finish a TON of nodes without ever taking any damage. Someone called it "Team white" in another thread, I use it constantly.
    I tried it for some of the easy nodes, failed like 3 times, and even if you pull it off, you're not going to get more than 1 node because of the match damage alone. (and there are a lot of bullseye nodes too)

I use that combo a lot for all-goon nodes. Without match damage to worry about, you have a pretty good chance of winning without taking a hit. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it against high-level Maggia as their CD tiles tend to be too short and too cheap, but against Hammer guys with 4/5 turn CD it's a pretty good choice. It gets even more fun with added Hawkeye in there for the Speed Shot off the generated blue from Mags, but CapMarvel is using that slot in this one.

I'm not running that team against any other nodes in this event, so if it gets to one turn away from being hit by a Deadly Shot or Flamethrower/Rocket, I retreat. Gives me a couple of risk-free attempts each refresh.
  • You don't really need anything clever against the weaker teams. Your best green user + 2 other guy is likely to do fine against Clever Girl 2 & 3. Sure I use my backup guys on the level 80 nodes that somehow still manages to pile up a lot of damage on your character but that's not where the intense action is. Alaska's nodes are relatively easy so you can do something clever but when you face a level 200+ Daken/Ares, being clever goes out the window and that's where the big points are. With the 2H 24M schedule you're probably going to have all your health pack tied up on your best characters, and if you take say Captain America + Black Panther + Punisher against a random level 200+ team that has either Daken or Ares, you probably have a better than 50% chance of losing which will set you back 5-6 hours on regen time. Even if you won and only took 50% damage that's 3 hours of downtime so don't count on using any of those guys anytime soon. Sure a lot of times you got nothing to lose so you might as well go for it, but roster diversity shouldn't mean you have 10 guys to randomly throw at a node and see which one of them gets lucky. The 5-6 hour recovery time for the big 3*s makes it really hard to experiment simply because if your experiment didn't work out, you won't get to try again for a long time. You sure won't have health packs to use on your secondary characters if you're attempting to play at the 2H 24M pace.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That has always been the case though, there is usually one or two nodes that just get really high up there and are really hard to beat. I think there should be some of those, if they were all consistently beatable it takes away some of the challenge. The ability to do those nodes is what can make the difference to be in the top ten. There has to be some kind of a threshold to differentiate players, and yes sometimes that is going to come down to P2W, buying extra healthpacks, buying boosts, etc.

Usually when I am getting beaten more often then not, or it is taking up too much of my health and I can't play other nodes or PvP then I start skipping those, that's ok. If I need the points at the end then I will sometimes try them again but other then that they are beyond my roster and I have to hope beyond other's rosters as well.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    You don't really need anything clever against the weaker teams. Your best green user + 2 other guy is likely to do fine against Clever Girl 2 & 3. Sure I use my backup guys on the level 80 nodes that somehow still manages to pile up a lot of damage on your character but that's not where the intense action is. Alaska's nodes are relatively easy so you can do something clever but when you face a level 200+ Daken/Ares, being clever goes out the window and that's where the big points are. With the 2H 24M schedule you're probably going to have all your health pack tied up on your best characters, and if you take say Captain America + Black Panther + Punisher against a random level 200+ team that has either Daken or Ares, you probably have a better than 50% chance of losing which will set you back 5-6 hours on regen time. Even if you won and only took 50% damage that's 3 hours of downtime so don't count on using any of those guys anytime soon. Sure a lot of times you got nothing to lose so you might as well go for it, but roster diversity shouldn't mean you have 10 guys to randomly throw at a node and see which one of them gets lucky. The 5-6 hour recovery time for the big 3*s makes it really hard to experiment simply because if your experiment didn't work out, you won't get to try again for a long time. You sure won't have health packs to use on your secondary characters if you're attempting to play at the 2H 24M pace.

Having your health packs chewed up by your top guys is exactly why you want to use things like Magneto-cStorm against the cheap nodes. That's still match damage your top guys don't have to bother absorbing.

And no, roster diversity doesn't mean randomly throwing guys out there, but I should hope if you're playing seriously, you understand team dynamics enough that 'random' is not a deciding factor of roster assignment.
  • I would never expect that in my bracket i'd be in the #7 spot.... and I've just returned to the game

AND I am not in an alliance o.O

I should probably do the OBW heal method in story mode if i want to stay in that top for all of Blade's colors instead of putting my phone down and let my heroes heal on their own
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    I would never expect that in my bracket i'd be in the #7 spot.... and I've just returned to the game

I should probably do the OBW heal method in story mode if i want to stay in that top for all of Blade's colors instead of putting my phone down and let my heroes heal on their own

You have been away for a while haven't you, OBW no longer has true healing, her healing lasts only as long as the match so going down to Prologue won't do you any good unfortunately.

If you have time to kill while waiting for your characters to regen then read the 69 pages on True Healing viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10239
  • russreid91 wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    I would never expect that in my bracket i'd be in the #7 spot.... and I've just returned to the game

You have been away for a while haven't you, OBW no longer has true healing, her healing lasts only as long as the match so going down to Prologue won't do you any good unfortunately.

If you have time to kill while waiting for your characters to regen then read the 69 pages on True Healing viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10239

Being a speed reader.... i just read all of it. xD gosh darnit i wish i wasn't away for so long

Oh well. Guess i'll have to be patient. My other heroes that aren't my best stink cause they aren't max covered i use only my max covered (and OBW who still needs one more cover to be maxed xD) Still that change wont stop me from playing this game!
  • vudu3 wrote:

My rough calculations have you between 950 and Full. Would be very grateful for an update. Thanks.
  • Having your health packs chewed up by your top guys is exactly why you want to use things like Magneto-cStorm against the cheap nodes. That's still match damage your top guys don't have to bother absorbing.

And no, roster diversity doesn't mean randomly throwing guys out there, but I should hope if you're playing seriously, you understand team dynamics enough that 'random' is not a deciding factor of roster assignment.

You shouldn't even be taking damage from guys under level 100 if you've Daken or someone else who can true heal. It's an irrelevent part of your overall character management versus high level nodes because you start out at full health for those and if you do win you just use the beaten up guys for the easier stuff because you can't possibly try the same node again with 50% health even though that'd be a solid victory against the highest level opponents.

Captain America + Black Panther + Punisher is pretty much 'random' against a level 200+ Ares or Daken, and most people won't even have the luxury of fielding a backup team anywhere on the same calibur. All the better characters are already going to get tied up elsewhere to begin with. It's simply not relevent to take a team that has perhaps less than 50% chance to win (anyone with a better chance of winning is your A-team) that will be out for 6 hours on a failure. Yes you can do it if you got nothing else better to do but it doesn't make an impact, and that's only against the lower end of scaling too. Savage Land has a level 260 Ares node. No random mix of 3* is going to have anywhere near 50% chance of beating him, and here 'random' pretty much means 'doesn't include The Hood'.
  • papa07 wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

My rough calculations have you between 950 and Full. Would be very grateful for an update. Thanks.

Just filled up 1 minute ago. Have fun and good luck!
  • Mr Stoat wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

Just filled up 1 minute ago. Have fun and good luck!

Confirmed, bracket has 9 people. This bracket will likely be open for at least 20 hours, if not the duration. Will keep you posted on status but this may be as good as it gets for the event.
  • lukewin wrote:
    So I have something weird about my Alaska sub, My essential nodes are not showing up. Neither are the first two one-time nodes you need to do before unlocking the rest of the nodes. Is anyone else encountering this? Not being able to essentials is kinda bad if I want to place, anyone else encounter this?

Did you go back into the main and replay the 2 or 3 nodes? I had to do that yesterday for my Alaska sub to show right.

All the nodes in main sub are still locked, and I've been forced to grind every node in Alaska to stay in top 10 in main bracket. I've sent a inquiry to d3 along with screenshot of my sub hopefully they can do something before the end of event
  • o.O holy guacamole... I'm in a bracket with only....12 players.... and the #1 spot is not that far ahead of me. If i grind very hard, I can get that number one spot in no time.

I also did was look at the player's teams. None of them has max covers. They all have like up to level 40s thats it.

icon_twisted.gif time for Pamizard to make a true comeback while waiting for an alliance here to invite her into their awesome team!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    o.O holy guacamole... I'm in a bracket with only....12 players.... and the #1 spot is not that far ahead of me. If i grind very hard, I can get that number one spot in no time.

I also did was look at the player's teams. None of them has max covers. They all have like up to level 40s thats it.

icon_twisted.gif time for Pamizard to make a true comeback while waiting for an alliance here to invite her into their awesome team!

I don't think so. You've been bracketed with starting players. They are going to get infinitely easier opponents to beat thanks to the scaling mechanic, and will be able to run up points far quicker than you'll be able to.
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    o.O holy guacamole... I'm in a bracket with only....12 players.... and the #1 spot is not that far ahead of me. If i grind very hard, I can get that number one spot in no time.

I don't think so. You've been bracketed with starting players. They are going to get infinitely easier opponents to beat thanks to the scaling mechanic, and will be able to run up points far quicker than you'll be able to.

yeah but if i can stay in the #3-10 I can get All three colors for Blade. The only thing that kills me is that i wont get another black cause I'm still looking for another Alliance to join since its been a while since I was here and I was kicked from one due to not doing so well in a PvP