*** Blade (Daywalker) ***

Options

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just leveled my 4/5/4 Blade to 166 (My third *** to max, wheee) and I've really been enjoying using him. Falcon, Lazy Daken, and Blade make for an awesome team that can get rolling quite quickly. With proper positioning Lazy Daken tanks for Blade's purple and black. In the current Kamala tournament loaner Kamala + Lazy Daken + Blade has been a blast to use. I think I will try Patch + Lazy Daken + Blade in the sim - I think with Blade on the far right that could make for some fun battles.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I just leveled my 4/5/4 Blade to 166 (My third *** to max, wheee) and I've really been enjoying using him. Falcon, Lazy Daken, and Blade make for an awesome team that can get rolling quite quickly. With proper positioning Lazy Daken tanks for Blade's purple and black. In the current Kamala tournament loaner Kamala + Lazy Daken + Blade has been a blast to use. I think I will try Patch + Lazy Daken + Blade in the sim - I think with Blade on the far right that could make for some fun battles.

Indeed, blade is very fun. I have him at 355 which imo the best build.

I pair him with ldaken and falcon for goons battles, and it's a breeze because Daken and blade generate many strike tiles, falcon take care of CD and buff the attack tiles and strike tiles.

In sims, patch Daken and blade team will allow blade to be hidden behind. That saves a lot of health packs. And they have active ability in all colors except yellow.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Hey guys, just a quick questions about the spec with the DDQ coming up:

I currently have a 5/3/5 Blade (just how the covers ended up), and with the upcoming pink from the DDQ, was considering respeccing to 3/5/5. Is 4/4/5 usable until I luck out in a taco token or they unvault him?
  • xequalsy wrote:

I currently have a 5/3/5 Blade (just how the covers ended up), and with the upcoming pink from the DDQ, was considering respeccing to 3/5/5. Is 4/4/5 usable until I luck out in a taco token or they unvault him?
    I'm in the same situation and I don't think that we will see major changes in 4/4/5. The purple will be just a little better and the black a little slower but nothing that will modify his gameplay.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:

Blade is one of my most used characters and if you fail to get the lucky taco cover I would consider spending HP to max him out.
  • xequalsy wrote:

I have him at 4/5/4 and he's very playable. Hell, it's hard for blade NOT to be playable - I remember playing him powered up at 1/2 covers during his initial events
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    I have him at 4/5/4 and he's very playable. Hell, it's hard for blade NOT to be playable - I remember playing him powered up at 1/2 covers during his initial events

I am also 4/5/4, and am unsure if I want to go 3/5/5. I get the allure, but one less red requirement, especially when no one on the team wants red, means he and Daken generate strike tiles just fine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I am also 4/5/4, and am unsure if I want to go 3/5/5. I get the allure, but one less red requirement, especially when no one on the team wants red, means he and Daken generate strike tiles just fine.

What's the advantage to 4 black instead of 3 black? 25% increased damage? Weigh that against the drawback of Blade on Blade combat (the most common type to occur if Blade is boosted) of not producing strike tiles when your enemy is and I think you will find it's not worth the advantage.

5/5/3 is fine (ish) if you want more AP steal, but 3/5/5 is really the best Blade build. Very few characters have legitimate 4 cover builds, and Blade is not one of them. There is a difference between "playable" and "best".
  • Unknown
    Options
    I dunno, I'm at 355 and keep thinking about going to 535.

His purple is so juicy, but in the time I get one off, I usually have fired off black SEVERAL times...and that AP drain at 5 is ridiculous.

I dunno. I can't say 355 is a best build out right. AP denial is worth more when fighting 'up' in PvE and when trying to limit hard hitters in PvE. Team him with Cage to kill match dmg and its a damn nasty team.
    - Unreall
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options

His purple is so juicy, but in the time I get one off, I usually have fired off black SEVERAL times...and that AP drain at 5 is ridiculous.

I dunno. I can't say 355 is a best build out right. AP denial is worth more when fighting 'up' in PvE and when trying to limit hard hitters in PvE. Team him with Cage to kill match dmg and its a damn nasty team.
    - Unreall

Yeah but when you do fire off a fully powered purple it is insane. I use Lcap/Blade/Falcon for the last survival node in DDQ every day and when I have 2 fully powered purple attack tiles out it feels like I am cheating because everyone goes down so easily. You can also just use his black twice to have double the ap drain.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

- Unreall

Yeah but when you do fire off a fully powered purple it is insane. I use Lcap/Blade/Falcon for the last survival node in DDQ every day and when I have 2 fully powered purple attack tiles out it feels like I am cheating because everyone goes down so easily. You can also just use his black twice to have double the ap drain.

Yeah, DDQ is where Blade really shines. My go-to team is also Blade/Daken/Falcon so the cover node is a breeze. I originally had Blade at 5/3/5 just because that's how the cards fell. Not a bad build, stalls the opponent pretty well. I got a couple of purple covers so I changed him to 3/5/5. That really sped up the matches. Still considering going 5/5/3, just because Nightstalker leaches Brotherhood mutants like nothing else.
  • Unknown
    Options

- Unreall
    sure if u only want pve blade go 5 black - ap tricks are getting nerfed left and right anyway
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't feel 535 is just PvE though. It's actually amplified in PvP, right now the 'in' colors are red and black,..so defensively I often find myself plucking black matches instead of purple, so I literally get to black first and way more often, AND reds are dangerous to leave floating around with all the red generators and people who do stuff WITH red now.. With purple at 5 the dmg is ridiculous, if you've set the board so it doesn't get whipped away on the next couple of turns, and have enough strike tiles to get the full effect. It's WORK to make purple effective, while black is pretty much a "No Soup For You!" button @ 5.

I'm not fronting though, I'm at 355, and my DP team is CMag/Falcon/Blade, I KNOW what dat purp do so to speak, but I also know that I'm stuck waiting for 'wave' nodes to enjoy Blade's purple, while I get to fire off his black multiple times in a regular match.
    - Unreall
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't feel 535 is just PvE though. It's actually amplified in PvP, right now the 'in' colors are red and black,..so defensively I often find myself plucking black matches instead of purple, so I literally get to black first and way more often, AND reds are dangerous to leave floating around with all the red generators and people who do stuff WITH red now.. With purple at 5 the dmg is ridiculous, if you've set the board so it doesn't get whipped away on the next couple of turns, and have enough strike tiles to get the full effect. It's WORK to make purple effective, while black is pretty much a "No Soup For You!" button @ 5.

I'm not fronting though, I'm at 355, and my DP team is CMag/Falcon/Blade, I KNOW what dat purp do so to speak, but I also know that I'm stuck waiting for 'wave' nodes to enjoy Blade's purple, while I get to fire off his black multiple times in a regular match.
    - Unreall
    who do u use black against in PVP?
  • Unknown
    Options
    The black is only useful for PvP if your enemy's featured character is around level 260 or lower his other 2 characters are 240, or if he has 2 level 350 guys flanking his featured (level 350 4* beats level 290 3* easily in match damage). In PvP you'll never get a situaiton where draining a single color at 3 vs 2 matters. But if your opponent has 2 (or 3) colors tied for highest match, then draining 3 vs 2 does matter, but I just don't see too many 290 + 2X350 team out there. After the match damage nerf to high level characters a level 260 3* has the same match damage as a level 240 3* (found that out the hard way in heroics when my 240 3* tanked everything compared to the 260 3* reinforcement) so there's a relatively large range of level where featured + 2X240 can have the same match damage, though it's hard to imagine why people would have a featured at 260 instead of just 290, and 290 does have a higher match damage than 240s.
  • Unknown
    Options
    After some months of 553 and a ton of black covers, DDQ finally gave me a green one. So now 454 is huge, two strike tiles per thirst tick. I'm planning to use him and Ldaken, so I wondered at what level I can leave blade to make Ldaken cover black and purple colors?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    After some months of 553 and a ton of black covers, DDQ finally gave me a green one. So now 454 is huge, two strike tiles per thirst tick. I'm planning to use him and Ldaken, so I wondered at what level I can leave blade to make Ldaken cover black and purple colors?

They both have black strongest purple second strongest (Daken's color strengths doesn't match his cover order) so as long as Daken is in center and at least the same level he'll always tank those two colors.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And on pvp I should position daken on left, right?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    And on pvp I should position daken on left, right?
    Middle character(First) Left character(Second) right character(third).

So as Long as Daken is Middle/Left, you're straight, homes.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used to love using Blade. Kyec is game ending. But this heroic Oscorp has showed me that Blade is a complete liability without Daken. I'd estimate there's a 60% chance where he sits there and does absolutely nothing all game.