How is this possible

Options

Comments

• Bumping. Can we get that "deeper dive" IceX?
  • Yamaaaaaa!

(insert Seinfeld or kahn meme here)
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With 3h left on the table the only change was that he was overtaken by another player. He has the same amount of points!
    icon_e_biggrin.gif When I grow up I wanna be like that.

whitecrit.pngGo Yama!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, every time I hit 600 (with no character over 127) I have to use about 500 ISO to skip around to find one match I can possibly win, and in that time I'll be hit down a couple of times. I can't break 700 anymore with a transition roster, I don't know how anyone could hit 1K even if they shield each match.

Tank Harder, or something I guess.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My only thought is that he is losing to say 1800 teams on purppose which nets you a loss of 0, and lowers MMR, if he ques up high points and loses I could maybe see this happening. The only other possibility is obviously he's doing something to stay hidden from the rest of us.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    My only thought is that he is losing to say 1800 teams on purppose which nets you a loss of 0, and lowers MMR, if he ques up high points and loses I could maybe see this happening. The only other possibility is obviously he's doing something to stay hidden from the rest of us.

The problem is that nobody seems to be able to queue him up. No way he can go that high and manage to avoid getting hit, IMO. Plus MMR seems to go out the window when you are high enough. Either way, he is getting a free ride.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

The problem is that nobody seems to be able to queue him up. No way he can go that high and manage to avoid getting hit, IMO. Plus MMR seems to go out the window when you are high enough. Either way, he is getting a free ride.
    And apparently he isn't showing up for retaliations either?
  • So first post so I can't start a thread, but anyone know how the new placement system works? With a poor to mediocre squad last tournament (lvl 151 Psyloche/lvl 101 Hulk/Stock Spiderman) I played up to the 600s in the first day, paid about 300 hp for shields and got attacked a whopping 3 times over the whole tournament. Seems strange right? Bought one 8 hour shield and had 0 attacks...
  • Houtro
    Options
    Does anyone ever had any attacks from this guy at all!?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Houtro wrote:
    Page 2 in this thread has screen shots of someone being attacked but unable to retaliate
  • Houtro
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Houtro wrote:
    Page 2 in this thread has screen shots of someone being attacked but unable to retaliate
    Really suspicius.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    He remained unshielded with the same score for the rest of the event

Y0dl7xk.pngjx60CcJ.pngvJQ3PBs.png
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Screenshot_2014-11-20-17-09-22_zpsjqi5ivkq.png

happening AGAIN, has been unshielded all day and can not be queued
  • slaxer723
    slaxer723 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    russreid91 wrote:
    I thought that as well but it doesn't look like it.

I remember there was a post from a month or so back where a player had a crazy strategy where basically he would climb then tank then climb and then throw out a medium defensive team, he was saying that he wouldn't be seen by most except those that probably wouldn't be able to beat him but would try because he was worth enough points. This would allow him to stay unshielded and simply climb off of defensive wins. I remember him saying he could get to 700+ with that tatic, maybe Yama82 has perfected it.

I went searching for the post but I can't remember the title or which section it was in so I wasn't able to find it but it sounded odd when he posted it.

That was a post from someone in my alliance, nightsreign. That strategy only works for 1100 points max. Then he gets crushed by the 166 teams. So, he has to shield around 900 otherwise his points drop to the 600's. Its only while shielded is he able to get to 1100
  • Anyone reported cheater?
  • Only problem with that is that he attacked a player once and showed up in notification but player was unable to retaliate. Screen shot is a few pages back.
  • I guess nothing is ever going to be done or explained by the mods. Guess I need to figure out this trick. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • There is something really wrong here lol

I wish he was using a legit way to do that so other weaker players could get at least to top 100 and get some nice covers, but seems its really a cheat, denying retaliation or queue him, so nevermind.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's happening in Hollowpoint too. He hit ZenMonkey twice during a short break, suggesting he may be using a hack for his attacks. Zen lost a lot of points, but never got retaliations. yama also has bounced off other high scorers while shielded.

I know several people who have reported him, so the devs don't seem to be bothering with this obvious cheat.

He is in the fourth shard (regular end time) in case anyone wants to avoid him.

PLEASE DEVS, FIX THIS.
  • I'm sure there are people from his alliance(s) on this forum. Anyone from Lost Legion/Ghosts/whatever want to speak up?