Venom Heroic - Oct 13 - 15

Options

Comments

• Pwuz_ wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    Probably just me but this is the 1st ever heroic event where I'd imagined even with a fully built/levelled roster, I would still struggle to beat these missions. I have 6/8 required characters at max level with the other 2 at their soft cap & my God, the only tactics I have is get enough greens & survive Daken's Pheremone Rage to execute Sniper Rifle or getting a match 5 & have it intact on the board till it goes off.

Ah, but if you can manage enough Green to launch Sniper Rifle... icon_mrgreen.gif

I don't know if I've run into any team that can live through that once I get it off. Nearly 6K to everyone plus extra damage and cascades to the target will do that though.

Wait until scaling puts the enemies high enough that the entire team survives.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Ah, but if you can manage enough Green to launch Sniper Rifle... icon_mrgreen.gif

I don't know if I've run into any team that can live through that once I get it off. Nearly 6K to everyone plus extra damage and cascades to the target will do that though.

If you don't bother mixing up your target, I can see that happening. But if you are changing your targets as they reach 59k or so, how often will you get 19 green before all 3 are at or near that point.
  • I have two covers on my GSBW, two on Beast, two on Mororo...fully covered and leveled MH and Thor. I'm managing pretty well but good lord, these nodes are the antithesis of fun.
  • I have two covers on my GSBW, two on Beast, two on Mororo...fully covered and leveled MH and Thor. I'm managing pretty well but good lord, these nodes are the antithesis of fun.
    Gotta run like hell for those yellows huh
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought that with my roster setup (maxed Cap & Thor, everyone else under 70) the difficulty/scaling wouldn't be that hard but the Daken, Lieutenant, and Pyro node (middle bottom) has wiped me out 3 times. I've used GSBW/Cap/Thor and mHawkeye/Cap/Thor teams and they are too slow in building up their abilities. Hawkeye is the quickest but the Lieutenant keeps churning out those heal CD tiles to nullify any damage from Hawkeye's red.

Do I use Mororo? I have her at 4/1/2. Beast only has 1 blue cover, so no.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In case people are checking these threads but not General Discussion, IceIX confirmed that switching the anniversary tokens for standard event tokens was a screw-up, and they're making up for it by making all the token rewards for the upcoming 4* Thor lightning rounds, including progression, anniversary tokens. Our suffering may be paying off!
  • The roster is bad enough throughout that there isn't a huge advantage for having low level characters. For one there's nobody that can dig out a Threaten CD with any meaningful reliability which will often be game ending once it resolves. I found Hawkeye working surprisingly well since hoping to get lucky on match 5s is still easier than coming up with 19 green for Sniper Rifle and Speed Shot hits hard enough that it can often take out even Daken at full health.
  • In case people are checking these threads but not General Discussion, IceIX confirmed that switching the anniversary tokens for standard event tokens was a screw-up, and they're making up for it by making all the token rewards for the upcoming 4* Thor lightning rounds, including progression, anniversary tokens. Our suffering may be paying off!

Progression Lightning Rounds? Do the 50/250 point rewards become 2* anniversary tokens by any chance, or are they 1* anniversary tokens with a tiny chance of drawing the anniversary 3*s?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Presumably they will have some weird new reward structure, because they will also be 20(?!?!) person brackets, so we don't know whether they'll be at 50/250, or just 250, or some other weird number like 189, or what.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

If you don't bother mixing up your target, I can see that happening. But if you are changing your targets as they reach 59k or so, how often will you get 19 green before all 3 are at or near that point.

Depends on whether or not there's a Lieutenant and/or Bullseye nullifying or healing back most of the damage you do.
  • ark123 wrote:

Gotta run like hell for those yellows huh

Yeah, pretty much. Yellow, then green, and then blue if I want to try to get off a stun (that usually doesn't work).
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The roster is bad enough throughout that there isn't a huge advantage for having low level characters. For one there's nobody that can dig out a Threaten CD with any meaningful reliability which will often be game ending once it resolves. I found Hawkeye working surprisingly well since hoping to get lucky on match 5s is still easier than coming up with 19 green for Sniper Rifle and Speed Shot hits hard enough that it can often take out even Daken at full health.

Very true. My level 70 2* Thor & Lvl 71 2* Cap only barely survive due to the extremely lucky match 5s for most of these nodes. Any Daken node has me either wiping or barely surviving if I manage to get Speed Shot to trigger. I am at the point where I don't really want to play much to grind to get covers for 3* Cap but I really do need those covers.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    If I had a viable hawkeye, I might not be failing so badly... but then again not sure about that. Lack of hawk, lack of more than 1 purple cover for GSBW, and both GSBW and Mostorm being high enough that they tank out their color schemes... I'm with Ben Grimm on this one. As much as I'd love to get at least one Lcap cover during a work-week but short event, there's just no way. Might as well tap the easy nodes and maybe a few normal nodes for rewards when the allowed characters have health. Otherwise, it just simply isn't worth it due to the level of frustration.
  • We really, really need new PVE content. Not like the Gauntlet - something with an actual story.

It's almost disingenuous to use the word "Quest" in the title of this game. You get the prologue and some PVE events that are repeated ad nauseum, and that's it. What are we questing for? Is there an end game?

They need to introduce the next chapter, stat. And it should be HUGE - as long as the prologue, if not more.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    We really, really need new PVE content. Not like the Gauntlet - something with an actual story.

It's almost disingenuous to use the word "Quest" in the title of this game. You get the prologue and some PVE events that are repeated ad nauseum, and that's it. What are we questing for? Is there an end game?

They need to introduce the next chapter, stat. And it should be HUGE - as long as the prologue, if not more.

It'll definitely be nice if they got to design new goons for it too, might mean I get to see less of Muscles. I mean Prodigal Sun was nice in that it rotated through the goons in each sub, nice to see variety.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We really, really need new PVE content. Not like the Gauntlet - something with an actual story.

We can always hope that the Civil War Arc is on the horizon.
  • I find that you might as well go in the game taking crazy risk like assuming you'll get 2 match 5 in the first 3 moves, because if they didn't happen you're going to lose anyway so might as well go out with a bang. You need a miracle cascade to even be on an even footing given how badly the enemy teams outclass yours. Any node with Daken in it they can beat you with just match 3s as long as you didn't get anything particularly lucky going.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was finally gifted a yellow plentiful board so that I could Thunder Strike and Call The Storm Daken and the Lieutenant to tinykittyland.
  • Hooray, finally got the GSBW progression award. Now I don't have to grind out the rest of this shitfest. The LCap covers would be nice, but they just aren't worth the frustration. Probably still get the blue, but the red and yellow are going to be out of reach, and I'd like both my phone and wall to be in one piece at the end of the day.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have to say I've had some outrageous fortune today with picking up five matches, with Hawkeye taking full advantage. Seemingly every match has had at least one, so I've romped to the BW cover.

Always get plenty of moaning about awful cascades (I;m as guilty as anyone) so should be thankful when it works in my favour icon_e_surprised.gif

Now if everyone in my bracket would just kindly stop playing, I'd really appreciate it, I actually need those Cap covers