'Marvel Puzzle Quest' 1-Year Anniversary Celebration!

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    It was not an explanation, it was an assumption.
    The problem with most of your assumptions is that you still think that people buy ISO.

There are about 20 people in the whole game who buy ISO on the scale of you and Colog, and I don't even think Colog buys _that_ much ISO.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    It would be really nice if the anniversary token pulls were 3* and up, (no 2*).
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    It was not an explanation, it was an assumption.
    The problem with most of your assumptions is that you still think that people buy ISO.

There are about 20 people in the whole game who buy ISO on the scale of you and Colog, and I don't even think Colog buys _that_ much ISO.

If Iso wasn't sold, the price would have dropped more than it did.

When you look at the rosters of many "Mr Nobody", they can't have levelled their rosters so quickly in such a short time.

You can see if they are new to the game or not looking at their rosters structure.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Celebrating The 1-Year Anniversary Of 'Marvel Puzzle Quest'!

Thanks for being here with us as we celebrate! Enjoy a slice of virtual cake and grab a glass o' punch on us.*

I would very much like my virtual cake and virtual glass o' punch now.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Rewards have increased for the Deadpool vs MPQ.

10000 iso and 100 HP for top 10 Alliance rewards and 6000 iso and 100 HP for individual.

Thank you MPQ, happy anniversary to you.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    So the tokens are here, when will we get our Anniversary pack?

edit: Nevermind, just got my Red 2* Torch. Happy Birthday to me.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    It's a gipsy party!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's an Anniversary Season with a free Deadpool black and Devil Dino purple.

I guess it was a good idea to wait before making assumptions...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best thing about the Anniversary rewards? 40 ISO when you replay a stage and don't get a new reward! icon_lol.gif
  • The rewards and events look Great for the Anniversary mini season. So excited!!! 9.9% chance of Dino from token. Sweet. Love it.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    scottee wrote:

How are they free? Free in the sense that everything you earn in this game is free? It'll be difficult for me to reach the 2400 Dino as a transitioning player. Not complaining, but I wouldn't call them free.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    cg2912 wrote:
    scottee wrote:

How are they free? Free in the sense that everything you earn in this game is free? It'll be difficult for me to reach the 2400 Dino as a transitioning player. Not complaining, but I wouldn't call them free.

Because events in between seasons don't usually have a mini-season. Only the event rewards. They added on these rewards on top of the regular event rewards. So if you played the same as you did before during this in-between season period, you're getting extra stuff that you otherwise wouldn't have gotten.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Just got a free anniversary token. This is pretty great so far! icon_e_biggrin.gif

EDIT: nevermind, got a Daredevil from it icon_razz.gif Doubt I have a roster slot for it right now, oh well.
  • xequalsy wrote:
    Just got a free anniversary token. This is pretty great so far! icon_e_biggrin.gif

EDIT: nevermind, got a Daredevil from it icon_razz.gif Doubt I have a roster slot for it right now, oh well.

2* Hawkeye blue for me... not very useful. but it's the gesture that counts!
  • 600 HP for me as an Anniversary Token.

So far I am very happy about the whole thing. I won't sleep for a week !

Thank you D3P !
  • Got redflag.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png from free anniversary token. Yay! Free star.pngstar.pngstar.png ! I'm so lucky icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I got a 2* Blue Capt America token :[ I demand a re-roll! lol
  • Despite MPQ hating me and not giving me anything in the anniversary packs yet, the whole tone of the anniversary celebration and the release of Devil Dinosaur has been awesome. I'm willing to say now that this celebration is quite the success.

Kudos to D3 and all the people working on MPQ - there's been a noticeable improvement in the quality of the game, and it makes it even harder to put down.

Now, all they need to do is fix PVP and get more PVE content (I really feel like I should QUEST for something in a PUZZLE QUEST game) and we'll really be in business!
  • I will definitely buy daily deal every day. With 50hp a pop it is only 350. That's like 2 shields.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    arktos1971 wrote:

Think Gaming gives numbers for the iOS platform only. Android is not counted. So the daily gross is not that number.

Each shield hop costs 108 HP (75 shield + 33 rainbow). There must be around 10 hops / PvP (at least), that's 1080 HP / PvP / player. There must be around 300 players doing this per event. That's 324 000 HP. Health packs are not massively used IMO.

HP earned per Event is 200 HP per player.

Net gross : 324 000 - 60 000 : 264 000 HP : $ 1320 per event. 3 events a week, 52 weeks : $205 920

There are lots of companies which would be very happy to earn that amount of money each year on digital products...

Now, covers sold for a new 3* character. Same 300 players buying the missing covers. That's 5 (minimum) :

300 * 5 * 1250 = $9300, twice a month, 12 months : $ 223 000

Shield hopping and covers are about the same gross.

Disclaimer : if you think the calculation is wrong, please elaborate and avoid bashing icon_e_smile.gif

The bolded part needs to be changed. An individual without an alliance can earn 200 hp in an event. Top 50 alliances get an extra 100, and more up higher. PvE subs and main events have been handing out hp also.