Unstable ISO!!!

Options

Comments

• I thought I was crazy for going so far ahead. My main reason for doing the fights was consistent boost bonuses awards.

I'm at the top of my bracket with 700 red iso. Next below is at 456 red iso
  • I'm at 430 points and ranking 5th in my bracket....
    the 2 Iso isn't too bad. It takes more battles now, but each battle is a tad faster compared to before (though probably coz I'm using low level characters)
  • 8BitLegacy wrote:
    I'm at 430 points and ranking 5th in my bracket....
    the 2 Iso isn't too bad. It takes more battles now, but each battle is a tad faster compared to before (though probably coz I'm using low level characters)

Can you do it in half the time? If you can't then I'd say it's horrible. 4 Iso was already really bad, especially since you knew that at the end of the battle you would always get a 20 iso reward and a random boost. This came at the risk of doing SERIOUS damage to YOUR WHOLE TEAM. Of course you can get away unscathed, but you can't always be that lucky unless you leave the battle right before a tile explodes.

I grinded that 4 Iso so hard, got up to almost 1.1k. Got a good team going and breezed through it in ~2 min each battle. Now that the Iso pt reward is cut in half, the prizes seem even farther away and my motivation to grind them is gone. I just hope that the rest of the event is better and awards more points because at this rate I don't know why they even bother putting rewards past 2-3k. It's just there to taunt you.

Aside from doing that repeatable mission for a **** 2 Iso pts there isn't much else to log in for now. Especially since tournament matchmaking is still so broken.

Been spending my free time playing PvZ2 instead of torturing myself with MPQ

/rant from a disappointed player
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    8BitLegacy wrote:
    I'm at 430 points and ranking 5th in my bracket....

Can you do it in half the time? If you can't then I'd say it's horrible. 4 Iso was already really bad, especially since you knew that at the end of the battle you would always get a 20 iso reward and a random boost. This came at the risk of doing SERIOUS damage to YOUR WHOLE TEAM. Of course you can get away unscathed, but you can't always be that lucky unless you leave the battle right before a tile explodes.

I grinded that 4 Iso so hard, got up to almost 1.1k. Got a good team going and breezed through it in ~2 min each battle. Now that the Iso pt reward is cut in half, the prizes seem even farther away and my motivation to grind them is gone. I just hope that the rest of the event is better and awards more points because at this rate I don't know why they even bother putting rewards past 2-3k. It's just there to taunt you.

Aside from doing that repeatable mission for a **** 2 Iso pts there isn't much else to log in for now. Especially since tournament matchmaking is still so broken.

Been spending my free time playing PvZ2 instead of torturing myself with MPQ

/rant from a disappointed player

To be honest, I don't have a good team and it takes me way longer to finish each battle (up to 10 min for the 4 Iso battle but significantly less for the 2 Iso one). I have to plan each and every match I make very carefully just to win...
    I'm really just grinding to make sure I stay top 15 to grab the new Iron Man. I agree it's pointless with the 2-3k rewards.

That said, I never really even thought about those prizes for ridiculous points (for me) and if I end up getting of them, I'd consider it a massive bonus.
  • New quickie event with ms. marvel as your opponent, non repeatable 30 red iso
  • I like this event, makes a change from the PvP ones.
  • forgrim wrote:
    New quickie event with ms. marvel as your opponent, non repeatable 30 red iso

Didn't get much of a preview of what she is capable of, turned her over in about a minute!
  • forgrim wrote:
    New quickie event with ms. marvel as your opponent, non repeatable 30 red iso

Damn, I read that as "ms. marvel as your opponent, repeatable 30 red iso" and got super excited. Oh well. icon_razz.gif
  • Humphrey wrote:
    I like this event, makes a change from the PvP ones.

I like it too, especially as I live in UK, for the regular tournaments I wake up in the morning only to find by score and placing has been decimated. Not that I don't love the regular tournaments, but it's nice to have one where I have a chance of winning the top prize! (I won't come first - ZzzWolph is in my bracket and he's got over 250 points on me already.)
  • I like it too, especially as I live in UK, for the regular tournaments I wake up in the morning only to find by score and placing has been decimated.
    Yes that's one of the main positives about this tournament for me too.
  • yup I have no idea what moonstone does. Killed her in like 3 moves with my secondary team.

• I like it too, especially as I live in UK, for the regular tournaments I wake up in the morning only to find by score and placing has been decimated. Not that I don't love the regular tournaments, but it's nice to have one where I have a chance of winning the top prize! (I won't come first - ZzzWolph is in my bracket and he's got over 250 points on me already.)

Haha, I'm impressed though, you must have done a lot of grinding. We're both way above the rest of our bracket. I don't really care for first place, anywhere in top 3 is fine. I just want the 3k Spider Man icon_e_sad.gif
  • ZzzWolph wrote:

I like it too, especially as I live in UK, for the regular tournaments I wake up in the morning only to find by score and placing has been decimated. Not that I don't love the regular tournaments, but it's nice to have one where I have a chance of winning the top prize! (I won't come first - ZzzWolph is in my bracket and he's got over 250 points on me already.)

Haha, I'm impressed though, you must have done a lot of grinding. We're both way above the rest of our bracket. I don't really care for first place, anywhere in top 3 is fine. I just want the 3k Spider Man icon_e_sad.gif

I want an uber powerful 3 star Widow icon_e_sad.gif
  • johangsl wrote:

I want an uber powerful 3 star Widow icon_e_sad.gif

Unfortunate that we're in the same bracket for the Arena, I doubt I'll be able to hold top 2 by the end, once I hit 1k I took a bunch of beatings.

I'm thinking the Grey Suit Black Widow is probably better for PvE since whenever I check the team of the people who beat me in the Arena I'm surprised to see they're relatively low-leveled. Her skills cost too much AP to be of any use in PvP. Her green skill probably never goes off since it costs a whopping 19 green AP. But if it does.. usually a OHKO
  • Wolph... Grey Widow is the strongest 3* in my opinion.

19AP is okay because it hits all team and clear 20+ tiles, If you have her purple skill, it's even worse, you can easily match 5 green tiles.

pair her with ragnarok red skill and voila...
  • Pucco wrote:
    Wolph... Grey Widow is the strongest 3* in my opinion.

19AP is okay because it hits all team and clear 20+ tiles, If you have her purple skill, it's even worse, you can easily match 5 green tiles.

pair her with ragnarok red skill and voila...

I'm just saying she is probably garbage when the AI plays it. The AI would use the Ragnarok's green skill instead of saving for the 19 since they seem to use skills as they become available, thereby making her useless in PvP when used on the defense team.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    I'm just saying she is probably garbage when the AI plays it. The AI would use the Ragnarok's green skill instead of saving for the 19 since they seem to use skills as they become available, thereby making her useless in PvP when used on the defense team.

I'm nearly with you on this. Black Widow AI has no idea how to match green tiles with her third skill, making it difficult for the sniper skill to pull off. And when you use another green skill character (e.g. Thor or Ragnarok), she just sits out most times. But in PvE, she's brilliant.

The trick might be to use no other cards with green skills, but notice she has no damage for green tiles either.
  • Last hour was a crazy time. Won a battle and someone had already killed my team. and it went like that till the end. I managed to end at the top 10...but still...its a lot of work to stay on the top 10 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    I thought I was crazy for going so far ahead. My main reason for doing the fights was consistent boost bonuses awards.

I'm at the top of my bracket with 700 red iso. Next below is at 456 red iso

I wish I was in your bracket, the top player in mine is over 1700....
  • No update/new mission(s) today?