Upcoming Patch R60 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    I know they've done this in the past before, but it seems like they're having resell "sales"
    All characters changed in the patch can be resold for higher amounts of ISO and now HP.
    As a reference, my level 166 mag can be sold for 86381 ISO and 1375 HP

now the question is do I keep him or not...

is this re-sell permanent for the life of the character? or is there a time limit that this offer expires?
    There's an undisclosed time limit to it. At some point the sale value returns to normal.

Unless you're deleting the character forever though, it's never worth it.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't sell Mags. Dumbest thing I've ever done in this game was to sell a fully leveled character. You'll need him in a few weeks, guaranteed.

He's different, but still upper tier.
  • dam it in the last 2-3 weeks I have managed to pull 4 extra Ldaken covers ontop of my fully covered Daken. I should have kept it then sell it.
  • Don't sell Mags. Dumbest thing I've ever done in this game was to sell a fully leveled character. You'll need him in a few weeks, guaranteed.

He's different, but still upper tier.

From using him a little, I'd say he's C-List. I'd rather use Psylocke than him, I think.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is anybody else not seeing the update on iOS? It's not popping up and the App Store still shows R59. If somebody posted earlier, feel free to link it.
  • Rockabilly Zombie
    Rockabilly Zombie Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Im not seeing it on iOS either.
  • Im not seeing it on iOS either.

The iOS people are busy right now. Apple is announcing their new innovative product cobbled together from 3-year-old technology.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Im not seeing it on iOS either.

The iOS people are busy right now. Apple is announcing their new innovative product cobbled together from 3-year-old technology.

They're considering adding a beige color option. It's going to inspire weeks of debate and lines around the block.
  • Android user here and have yet to have the thing forced down my throat... If it's any consolation to anybody.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After playing around with the 3 "new" characters, I really, REALLY like the new Hawkeye. Have him at 4/5/4. Love it when those crit countdown tiles go off. 947 per tile! They randomly appear on purple tiles which is great because they're hardly ever near each other! Great power IMO.

CMags isn't so bad. Still wish there was no yellow. Make the blue the Coercive Field, keep purple and change the values (it's blue now) and the red is a good bomb to throw at an opponent. He hits really hard now! Especially if the board is flooded with stupid team up tiles. Great nuke if it's available!

X-Force is KILLER! Love all the powers. I don't have him spec'd where I'd like right now, but he's super fun! I love how a maxed yellow will bring him back to full health no matter what!! That's just....that's F-ING WOLVERINE RIGHT THERE!!! I want that 5 black tho. Just seems too awesome.

Also..can't wait to give TinyDaken some blue covers!! YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just got the forced iOS update, so it's likely required for everyone now.
  • john1620b wrote:
    Just got the forced iOS update, so it's likely required for everyone now.

Yes the steam ones live too.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just successfully updated for me on iOS

heh, *The air crackles as the Magneto creates" in the Coercive Field description
  • Of all times they could release this on iOS, it had to be when on the only time I'm not on wifi of the day and have time to play icon_rolleyes.gif
  • "Your device isn't compatible with this version" (Android, Motorola Defy+)

X-Force 182, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk 166, CMags and Patch 140 and now what?
  • And now it is required for android. Bah.
  • Nellyson wrote:
    After playing around with the 3 "new" characters, I really, REALLY like the new Hawkeye. Have him at 4/5/4. Love it when those crit countdown tiles go off. 947 per tile! They randomly appear on purple tiles which is great because they're hardly ever near each other! Great power IMO.

So you can cover all the existing purple tiles then Berserker Rage? Sounds tasty.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Team-up powers stick around when not used.

This is the best update I can recall.
    1. X-Force is great now.
    2. Mags is no longer the #1 character, but he's not shattered. He's a good middle-tier utility character now.
    3. The new Hawkeye is excellent.
    4. Daken is still Daken. (When will we get 2* blue covers? )

The update introduce a "strongest power" ability, but also introduced a lot of tile/power disparity. Easiest fix is just to sort the powers to match the tile damages.

Tile Dam high/med/low .. Power Rankings
    _2/__/_1/__/_3/__/3.5 - _3/__/_1/__/_2/__ - 6800 - Beast (Modern)
    __/_3/__/_1/_2/__/4.0 - __/_2/__/_3/_1/__ - 5950 - Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    _2/_1/__/__/__/_3/4.5 - _3/_1/__/__/__/_2 - 8500 - Captain Marvel (Modern)
    __/__/_3/_2/__/_1/4.0 - __/__/_3/_1/__/_2 - 6800 - Daken (Classic)
    __/_3/__/_1/__/_2/4.5 - __/_1/__/_2/__/_3 - 6800 - Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool)
    __/__/_1/_3/__/_2/3.0 - __/__/_2/__/__/_1 - 7176 - Doctor Doom (Classic)
    __/__/__/_1/_3/_2/3.0 - __/__/__/_2/__/_1 - 5023 - Loki (Dark Reign)
    _3/_2/_1/__/__/__/3.2 - _1/_2/_3/__/__/__ - 6800 - Magneto (Classic)
    _1/__/_3/_2/__/__/3.0 - _1/__/_2/_3/__/__ - 6800 - Spider-Man (Classic)
    __/__/_3/_2/__/_1/4.0 - __/__/_3/_1/__/_2 - 3920 - Daken (Dark Avengers)
    __/_3/_2/_1/__/__/4.5 - __/_2/_1/_3/__/__ - 3430 - Hawkeye (Modern)

All in all, I'd say this ranks as a "fun added" release.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    So you can cover all the existing purple tiles then Berserker Rage? Sounds tasty.
    That's an application of Speed Shot I didn't think of. Nice.