• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The secret of comedy is timing.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    With a delay like this it can no longer be said that Apple or Google are doing it.

Why not? It could be Marvel, Apple, Google or maybe even Steam (I don't know what Steam's approval process is like). My guess would be either Marvel or Apple. It can take significant time for Apple to approve something, reject something, then approve it again. And unless they want all of their iphone players to be screwed they're going to wait until everyone is on the same page.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    With a delay like this it can no longer be said that Apple or Google are doing it.

Why not? It could be Marvel, Apple, Google or maybe even Steam (I don't know what Steam's approval process is like). My guess would be either Marvel or Apple. It can take significant time for Apple to approve something, reject something, then approve it again. And unless they want all of their iphone players to be screwed they're going to wait until everyone is on the same page.

I believe you mean - unless they want all of their android/steam players to be screwed . . .

Most people find more of an advantage using current cmag in pvp / pve over the new XForce to climb early in pvp and for his black
  • Everything seems to be there, so far, though some of the stuff I can't easily check while I'm at work. Magneto's nerfed; 2* Daken has his third skill, X-Force has his new colors. I guess I'm losing one character (Magneto) but gaining another (my X-Force is 3/5/4 and 150th level), so it's kind of a wash.

I had been hoping they'd update the heroics, too, but nothing there.
  • Update available on android.

Currently does not seem to be a required update.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    did they hopefully fix Magneto's blue or is it horrendously nerfed all around by both the colors needed to swap and the damage being worse too?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh man, new Hawkeye is so much fun to screw around with. Even at level 1 (I sold my 3/3/4 char last month...d'oh!) Speed Shot wrecks stuff. One catch - while it triggers multiple times if you match 5 and that sets off a cascade that leads to another match-5, it doesn't seem to work twice if you execute two match-5's at the exact same time. Which means the synergy with 2* Mags and GSBW isn't quite as nuts as we might have thought.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    did they hopefully fix Magneto's blue or is it horrendously nerfed all around by both the colors needed to swap and the damage being worse too?

Still swaps red and blue, still does 646 damage per swap. May be time to respec from 5/3/5 to 5/5/3.
  • NateDoggTac
    Options
    I know they've done this in the past before, but it seems like they're having resell "sales"
    All characters changed in the patch can be resold for higher amounts of ISO and now HP.
    As a reference, my level 166 mag can be sold for 86381 ISO and 1375 HP

now the question is do I keep him or not...
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2014
    Options
    .... One catch - while it triggers multiple times if you match 5 and that sets off a cascade that leads to another match-5, it doesn't seem to work twice if you execute two match-5's at the exact same time. Which means the synergy with 2* Mags and GSBW isn't quite as nuts as we might have thought.
    icon_e_sad.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I know they've done this in the past before, but it seems like they're having resell "sales"
    All characters changed in the patch can be resold for higher amounts of ISO and now HP.

As always, it's not a question.

You'd be tinykitty mental to sell him if you've maxed him out. It's a terrible deal and he'll still be useful, just not as godlike and broken as before.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I believe you mean - unless they want all of their android/steam players to be screwed . . .

Most people find more of an advantage using current cmag in pvp / pve over the new XForce to climb early in pvp and for his black

That's what I meant, if not what I wrote.
  • NateDoggTac
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

As always, it's not a question.

You'd be tinykitty mental to sell him if you've maxed him out. It's a terrible deal and he'll still be useful, just not as godlike and broken as before.

You're right. I thought it over. Seemed real tantalizing at first, use the resources to finally max BP black and level to 166, but my guess is they'll take all the changed characters and make em the featured ones for the next PVE.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh man, new Hawkeye is so much fun to screw around with. Even at level 1 (I sold my 3/3/4 char last month...d'oh!) Speed Shot wrecks stuff. One catch - while it triggers multiple times if you match 5 and that sets off a cascade that leads to another match-5, it doesn't seem to work twice if you execute two match-5's at the exact same time. Which means the synergy with 2* Mags and GSBW isn't quite as nuts as we might have thought.

While incredibly stupid functionality, that's easy to work around. Just build one and set up the second as a match, preferably near the bottom of the board so it doesn't collapse under a possible cascade.
  • I know they've done this in the past before, but it seems like they're having resell "sales"

is this re-sell permanent for the life of the character? or is there a time limit that this offer expires?
  • I assume that new Daken covers are in tokens then?
  • silverrex wrote:

is this re-sell permanent for the life of the character? or is there a time limit that this offer expires?

It's happened before and is usually time limited.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    silverrex wrote:

Limited time and generally not worth it. It was even worse back when you couldn't respec.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magneto's red is single target. Hits pretty hard.