Thick as Thieves - Aug 5-11

Options

Comments

• Woke up to the already iffy Anderson Bio-Technic V node being nearly impossible with a 92/93/92 levels -.-
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unless the next couple of Subs have some serious points, I don't see us unlocking the main bracket.

We aren't trending anywhere near that 1.2 billion required.

And if Deadpool wasn't a reward at 40K I think the participation in this event would be even lower.
  • orionpeace wrote:
    Unless the next couple of Subs have some serious points, I don't see us unlocking the main bracket.

And if Deadpool wasn't a reward at 40K I think the participation in this event would be even lower.

The main bracket will unlock on time, even if they have to change the targeted points.
  • papa07 wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

The main bracket will unlock on time, even if they have to change the targeted points.

Which will, again, reward those people that are waiting until the end/not playing.

I'm bitter because I went to bed at #1 and woke up 158. icon_e_sad.gif
  • papa07 wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

If the devs are going to do this they should just remove the unlocking mechanic from the game.
  • locked wrote:
    Rusalka wrote:
    Sigh. I have a really busy few days ahead of me, so I don't think I'll have time to grind enough points for the Deadpool cover. The fact that I don't already have a Deadpool cover and so can't do the essential nodes doesn't help.

But I really want to smack my enemies with whales, darnit!
    You just wait till the main nodes are unlocked. I'd recommend it to anyone with no DP covers unless they want to try their luck with the event tokens from subs. And Cat-5 prizes are also Deadpool.

Got a Purple Deadpool from the Top 100 token from first subevent icon_e_smile.gif
  • Woke up to the already iffy Anderson Bio-Technic V node being nearly impossible with a 92/93/92 levels -.-

I being Lazy this event so PatchNeto already out and slices thought the lvl 150's without a care in the world. Already nearly at 15K points so 40K progress rewards in the bag.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Woke up to the already iffy Anderson Bio-Technic V node being nearly impossible with a 92/93/92 levels -.-

I being Lazy this event so PatchNeto already out and slices thought the lvl 150's without a care in the world. Already nearly at 15K points so 40K progress rewards in the bag.
    Heh, I was even more lazy. LDaken/Sentry/Hood took care of it. Didn't feel like long drawn node.
  • I really need to get more covers for..... all of those. icon_razz.gif

On the plus side, I've been getting quite a few 3* covers from TaT packs.

So if I"m around 15K when this round ends, I should have a slim chance at the Deadpool cover?
  • Is the Refresh time/Point display broken for everyone or is it just me?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I really need to get more covers for..... all of those. icon_razz.gif

On the plus side, I've been getting quite a few 3* covers from TaT packs.

So if I"m around 15K when this round ends, I should have a slim chance at the Deadpool cover?

If I remember correctly, this event has 3 different subs that are done twice over for a total of 6 subs. If you manage ~7k points per sub, you should end up over 40k w/o issue. Then it's just grinding to hold the position you want for the spidey covers you need.
  • I'm only at 7k and around 5k per sub since I don't have Deadpool Covers (All 6 subs require Deadpool? Seriously?) but I expect to rubberband quite well in the main in the end.
    So if you include the main you don't even need 7k per sub.

I think I once joined one of these on the last day and easily managed to get the final progression reward due to RBing.
  • I am assuming 5k per sub and 10k in the main to be safe for Deadpool, but lazy playing (Requireds only plus joining 8 hours from end) and I have over 12k so far, so 40k is extremely makeable.
  • I'm at about 14k which - assuming later subs score a little higher, plus the main - should be well ahead of Deadpool pace. As long as I get Deadpool and a Blue Spidey, I'll be happy.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    I took a break at work today to play the last ~45 minutes of the sub that just finished. When I picked it up, I was #12 in the sub. 2 min to finish time, I was #5, and played one more match. When I finished, I only received top 50 rewards? Is it really possible I dropped so far down during that last 2 minutes, even while completing matches and gaining points at a good clip? The summary of the finished sub is not there either, so I can't even look it and be like, 'oh ok, some random dudes x6 managed another 300 pts in that 2 minutes'... but it feels like a bugged reward to me atm.

I literally grinded all those nodes in that sub every 2.5 hrs from when it opened, to when it finished, with the exception of the 3 clears I did before bed to sleep.

I'm #5 in my main bracket of 2k right now... Am I just wasting my time grinding this all out again? Thinking I'm doing ok, but in reality I'll just get buried at the end? I really would love that purple spidey card on top 40.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    So far, the only use I'm getting from this tournament is to help me get rid of unwanted TUs. I take **Cap, MNMags and mStorm into the goon-only nodes, and just keep shaking up the board and overwriting CD tiles until I gather enough TUap. I've managed to dump all my Lethal Recons and Murderous Aims that way.

Oh, and I've pulled a blue cMags cover from a standard token, finally giving me 5. I assume this means they'll nerf him tomorrow. icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:
    Oh, and I've pulled a blue cMags cover from a standard token, finally giving me 5. I assume this means they'll nerf him tomorrow. icon_e_wink.gif
    Mags is safe for at least, uh, I dunno, must be a month I think. First a mHawkeye buff is expected, so until we see it, abuse sweet 5 blue to your liking.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Rusalka wrote:
    Mags is safe for at least, uh, I dunno, must be a month I think. First a mHawkeye buff is expected, so until we see it, abuse sweet 5 blue to your liking.

Yeah, I'm really curious about this mHawk buff. I hope it's drastic cause I'd honestly like to use him occasionally again!
  • Sumilea wrote:
    Woke up to the already iffy Anderson Bio-Technic V node being nearly impossible with a 92/93/92 levels -.-

Hello Sumilea, we are meeting again icon_e_smile.gif

And for hard nodes DakenoPatch with Sentry for me, we will see Magneto nerf earlier than I will see his covers icon_lol.gif
  • Malcoran wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Hello Sumilea, we are meeting again icon_e_smile.gif

And for hard nodes DakenoPatch with Sentry for me, we will see Magneto nerf earlier than I will see his covers icon_lol.gif

Don't worry I am stopping at 40K. I will get another top 10 in the fourth sub, which will push me over 40K, then ignore the last two as they finish at 3am and 5am my time so just do them for a bit of ISO.

I thought that as well but they been Nerfing Magneto for that 6 months now and he is still OP.