801-1600 A standard token of affection
1601-2000 - ISO sorry

Alliance
1-100 Spidey Purple

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I wonder what new calvinball mechanic they'll mess it up with this time. Halfway through, of course

Please dear god let it be something unimportant.

EDIT: I got it! Scaling is always at least half of the calvinball equation right? So the scaling will be losened a bit, so we start hitting 200+ enemies a few days out, but then.....the cmags nerf will finally come through! That's even consistent with the patch bugfix in the first TaT
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I would appreciate no rubberbanding in the last leg again since Oscorp: Heroic, Prodigal Sun and Dark Avengers: Heroic now all have this format: a few subs, a main with little to no RB. As everyone remembers 3+ days of limitless global RB in the previous TaT ruined the otherwise decent event. And the resulting scaling, and patch R55, everything.
    Those who have Deadpool can play subs as they please and work for alliance points. Those without Deadpool can join as late as possible (missing at least a couple of subs) and RB to progression rewards (including Deadpool) and still be able to get a decent personal placement. But I hope that the placement prize is something **** or really meh like Mororo/She-Hulk/IM 40 again. Captain Marvel would also be nice. Anyway since it won't be a new character, alliance pressure is lower by default.
  • Do we have any idea of who will be the reward? I'm assuming there will be a top progression reward for Deadpool, but other than that I have no idea.
  • We will in about 3 minutes or so.

From the TaT Store page (ROFL at Deadpool and Whales), 3*** Powered Ups are: Deadpool, GSBW, and Mohawk Storm.

2** Powered Ups are: Cap, MNMags, and Thor.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Spider-man :/
  • Deceptively easy to reach Deadpool Red at 40k points?

Also, one Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillion global score required to unlock the main map this time around.
  • What happened to that iso sale icon_razz.gif said the person who is a slave to this game (aka me)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol, Spidey.

Yeah, going to RB my way to the DP cover if possible. If not, no big deal.
  • Hopefully Spidey covers means people won't grind too hard.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Three covers for top 40 is new, no?
  • Three covers for top 40 is new, no?

The brackets are 2000 players instead of 1000. So all of the reward tiers are doubled as well.
  • I need a blue Spidey to finish respeccing him, I guess, and the Deadpool will be nice, but I'm not ultra-grinding this once I've got it.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    3 covers for top 40 instead of 3 covers for top 5. What a difference. I have a feeling rubber-banding will be the same on this as the last time they ran it? They don't seem to change the rules for events after they create them, ala unstable iso-8. The other events were working better in most peoples opinions turning RB off late into the event, but that one ran with its origional rule-set as far as I can tell... and made playing it like hell pretty much a complete waste of time for me. My score got buried so deep 6 hours from finish that I only managed a 1 cover finish. Despicable to let someone put that much work into an event to get **** so hard at the end... but lesson learned I guess.
    '
    I'll be playing this out, unboosted, hoping for 3x covers and enough HP to finish my next roster slot. Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath on not getting **** this time around again because of the old-event, old rules dichotomy.
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    It doesn't look like there's a point total for the very first node. Seems like it's another test run, hopefully repeatable, that doesn't place you in a bracket. Has anyone already jumped in and can confirm?

Also, I think the Deadpool event has pushed my scaling into the next tier icon_neutral.gif The node worth nothing (while I know it's supposed to be harder with a loaner Deadpool) is at 'hard' and 100 for all the goons.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hmm... so I don't care at all about the big 3* cover prizes... but I would like getting that Deadpool progress reward...

How do I play this event to try to get to 40k points??? icon_eek.gif

EDIT: My opening node or whatever is the same. No point value, Hard Level 100 Goons. But luckily it's a full borrow team, so I don't care. icon_razz.gif
  • Amazeballs wrote:
    Also, I think the Deadpool event has pushed my scaling into the next tier icon_neutral.gif The node worth nothing (while I know it's supposed to be harder with a loaner Deadpool) is at 'hard' and 100 for all the goons.
    Looks like this node scaling is the same for everyone. Mine was with lvl 100 goons, too. But in subevent first node goons were around lvl 10.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it is funny to follow up the most desired character (by many, anyway) with probably the least desired 3*. icon_rolleyes.gif

My only interest is the 40K progression reward. And as soon as I can figure out the math on how likely I am to get that with minimal effort, my interest will increase to that point or diminish into nothing.
  • So I just went do to one of the Deadpool Required nodes, and it looks like his sleep was disturbed. icon_lol.gif
  • orionpeace wrote:
    I think it is funny to follow up the most desired character (by many, anyway) with probably the least desired 3*. icon_rolleyes.gif

My only interest is the 40K progression reward. And as soon as I can figure out the math on how likely I am to get that with minimal effort, my interest will increase to that point or diminish into nothing.

Daredevil, Rags, and Loki all thank you for your support.
  • j12601 wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

Daredevil, Rags, and Loki all thank you for your support.

I'd pick at least Daredevil and Rags over Spidey, and Loki in certain situations.