Thick as Thieves - Aug 5-11

Options

Comments

• Still haven't gotten any rewards from the main, individual or alliance. The only thing I got was my bagman token from the sub. Which surprisingly enough... gave me a bagman... icon_rolleyes.gif Well played D3.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Joined Sunday after the main opened thinking I could donkstrike my way to 3-spidey covers. Whoops.

Still ended up with 2 Spideys, Deadpool, an Ares token, and some HP. PvE's apparently are way more fun when you don't grind them for 6-7 days.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Also still no prizes. Maybe the shipment was lost. I hope I am compensated for my loss of valuable spiderman time.

Edit: My deepest apologies to pbrownuscm who is a standup gentleman! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I haven't gotten any rewards for the main (personal or alliance) as well. The only ones are tokens for the last sub.
    Hope they come soon and I don't have to speak to CS on this...

That being said, I thought TaT this time was pretty good. I liked the idea of less RB but high points, 1-time only for the main.
    The progression awards were within reach and I could get still get covers though I joined late.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The "high point, one time" nodes as well could not be there - if it's the same for everyone, then it brings absolutely nothing to the table... so everyone got a flat boost of +15.000 ... what's the point? (but to inject some ISO of course)
  • morgh wrote:
    The "high point, one time" nodes as well could not be there - if it's the same for everyone, then it brings absolutely nothing to the table... so everyone got a flat boost of +15.000 ... what's the point? (but to inject some ISO of course)

Not everybody played through the 170 Magneto Hood Nodes. Also whats wrong with Iso?

Since the gameplay is almost always identical it is also kind of about the story. So in that regard I wish they added some new tournaments. How many TaTs can a single man play?

As a side, Does the AI use the TUs you chose for defense in PVP? Or is it picking random TUs for you? So would it make sense to load up on nasty TUs for the defensive team?
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I guess they realised that nobody cared about Spidey rewards so they scrapped giving them out completely icon_lol.gif

If nobody cared about the rewards, why'd I need 102k for 2nd place? Just 305 shy of first...

I wish they would revisit progression rewards, because for the last 10 or so events, progressions fall off long before the points do (Deadpool vs MPQ, specifically). I hope they add more progressions rather than just extending the required points for each...

All in all, TaT showed a substantial improvement over previous iterations. I especially liked the progressively staggered end times for the subs. RB was manageable in the subs, even with some nodes being impossible to repeat during the final grind. Still managed top 5 in every sub and 1st on the last one, which was a nice hp injection. I'm not sure if I should congratulate Demiurge or D3 for the overhaul, but it definitely worked!

Give out alliance rewards, please.
  • Glad to see I am not the only one who hasn't got there alliance reward yet. Hopefully it comes soon. As in before the next PVE.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    morgh wrote:

Not everybody played through the 170 Magneto Hood Nodes. Also whats wrong with Iso?

Since the gameplay is almost always identical it is also kind of about the story. So in that regard I wish they added some new tournaments. How many TaTs can a single man play?

I think that since they dropped the Dark Reign they will have different stories in PVE. I like the way they run 24 hour subs with rewards. I like myself some free ISO and HP, but the story gets stale when they run the same subs twice. Maybe PVE would be better if they just ran it for 3 days instead of 6.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Still haven't gotten any rewards from the main, individual or alliance. The only thing I got was my bagman token from the sub. Which surprisingly enough... gave me a bagman... icon_rolleyes.gif Well played D3.

Nice try LIAR. But they removed him from tokens. viewtopic.php?p=196705#p196705
    You might want to try reading that a bit better before you go calling anyone a liar.

Bags has been removed from Standard and Heroic tokens - perfectly possible to still pull him from event tokens.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Still haven't gotten any rewards from the main, individual or alliance. The only thing I got was my bagman token from the sub. Which surprisingly enough... gave me a bagman... icon_rolleyes.gif Well played D3.

You might want to try reading that a bit better before you go calling anyone a liar.

Bags has been removed from Standard and Heroic tokens - perfectly possible to still pull him from event tokens.
    whoops my bad icon_redface.gif
    What's the strategy now for tokens then. Do we let the Event tokens expire so they turn into Bagfree heroic tokens?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:

whoops my bad icon_redface.gif
    What's the strategy now for tokens then. Do we let the Event tokens expire so they turn into Bagfree heroic tokens?
    Is been a long while since that has been possible...
  • morgh wrote:
    Besides ISO, it made the progression awards more accessible. I wouldn't have gotten the DP cover if not for that.
  • Is been a long while since that has been possible...
    That was the case 1-2 months ago. Do you now forever keep the Event tokens? What if you keep a TaT token with a higher chance for Deadpool until the next TaT where the chance for another character is higher? D3 has been adding to many small updates I find it hard to keep up. Not even updates necessarily but just changes.
  • BrandonE
    BrandonE Posts: 51
    Options
    Just got my alliance rewards! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think this is the worst exclusive (TaT) token exchange that I've experienced. Normally if I don't pull a 3* but a 2* of generally a character I need, but instead a handful of Moonstones *sigh* I get the same result with Heroic tokens, with less pushing to maintain top #300.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    Not everybody played through the 170 Magneto Hood Nodes.

Mine were 266/266. Horrible match.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Is been a long while since that has been possible...
    That was the case 1-2 months ago. Do you now forever keep the Event tokens? What if you keep a TaT token with a higher chance for Deadpool until the next TaT where the chance for another character is higher? D3 has been adding to many small updates I find it hard to keep up. Not even updates necessarily but just changes.
    Once a TaT token, always a TaT token. They'll never convert to Heroic tokens or anything else.

However, they will be adjusted the next time TaT is run--so any new characters that are introduced between now and then will be added to your existing token(s). Same applies if there are different featured characters for the next TaT run. So if you're completely unimpressed with the current possibilities you can hang onto the token for a couple months to see if it significantly improves.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sorcered wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Not everybody played through the 170 Magneto Hood Nodes.

Mine were 266/266. Horrible match.

Did you actually beat it? The TU must be a trophy for you!
  • morgh wrote:

Iso is good and a lvl175 cMag Purple TeamUp is better