Unholy Outlaw - Aug 4-6 - Season IV

Options
123457»

Comments

• I see people complain about the sharding. But it seems everybody was in such a bracket, even I. Haven't played the whole month and my best *** has 9 Covers.

Did ANYBODY have a soft bracket? All I see are 1k for top10 ones.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    I see people complain about the sharding. But it seems everybody was in such a bracket, even I. Haven't played the whole month and my best *** has 9 Covers.

I did - mine was only 919 for top10.
  • If people actually quit or at least reduced their playing like they say they're for being disappointed with the game we wouldn't have so many death brackets out there. After all, they can't force you into a death bracket if there aren't enough other crazies out there in the first place.

It's kind of ironic that the game has problems but is not bad enough for people to quit so the problems persist. If the game is losing players, problems like the death bracket would go away rather quickly from running out of players. I do wish D3 wouldn't engage in a game of chicken where they're daring people to quit the game to solve the problems.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    If people actually quit or at least reduced their playing like they say they're for being disappointed with the game we wouldn't have so many death brackets out there. After all, they can't force you into a death bracket if there aren't enough other crazies out there in the first place.

It's kind of ironic that the game has problems but is not bad enough for people to quit so the problems persist. If the game is losing players, problems like the death bracket would go away rather quickly from running out of players. I do wish D3 wouldn't engage in a game of chicken where they're daring people to quit the game to solve the problems.
    Nah, the x-men would just buy the accounts icon_lol.gif
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    I see people complain about the sharding. But it seems everybody was in such a bracket, even I. Haven't played the whole month and my best *** has 9 Covers.

I got lucky in my bracket ~ finished 4th with 920 points using an 8hr shield
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    If people actually quit or at least reduced their playing like they say they're for being disappointed with the game we wouldn't have so many death brackets out there. After all, they can't force you into a death bracket if there aren't enough other crazies out there in the first place.

Nah, the x-men would just buy the accounts icon_lol.gif

I got this mental image of Back to the Future that would play out like this:

Marty: But what about the rest of the death bracket, Biff?
    Biff: I own all the other 499 accounts in the death bracket, kid.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

Mine was somewhat similar - I took 5th with 940.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like my screenshot showed, I only just barely squeeked into the top _25_ with 1k
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

In the end, 963 would get you top 5 in my bracket, and 819, top 10.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Trading 1st and 2nd drove our top end up to about 1206 in my bracket, but it was 950 for 5th and 814 for 10th otherwise. Not bad compared to some of the more recent brackets I've participated in.
  • In my bracket 892 was needed for top 25 and 1029 for top10. Not that I think it's friendly at all but still better than the cage match bracket I had when 897 was only enough for #35.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Apologies to EEEEEEEEEEEEE from whom I sniped first with a last second fight.

And congrats to Thehueyfreeman who ground up past 1100 in the last 30 minutes or so from down near 900 to sneak into 5th.

7TloDvY.jpg

From the final scores I didn't really need to hop again (1137 when I shielded out) to keep top 5, but it was fun so I didn't mind. Bought 2x3hour, 1 health pack. Net profit of 100 HP and 5 covers (baglady is getting sold though). Woo!

The funny part is that I didn't even intend to get T5. I was in 12th and wanted T10 so I shielded when I had that. After I shielded, I realized that my alliance had a chance for top ten with 19 players so I pushed for that. I didn't see that I had T5 until after it was over.

The funnier part is that I was in 5th, and as soon as I saw the two below me unshield, I immediately started the 45 point node I had saved. Daken/Sentry boosted with about 4.5 minutes left. And everything goes perfectly wrong.
    -No green/yellow matches on the opening board.
    -It takes more than 6 turns before I finally get enough green, but it was through match-4's and Hood steal, so I had no strike tiles.
    -Wait a couple more turns till there's enough yellow on the board to cast Rupture, then Sacrifice.
    -Sacrifice lands on a place where there's only two matches available on the board. I take the black that saves the Sacrifice.
    -AI kills the Sacrifice.
    -The most impotent Rupture ever leaves me with half a match to still win.
    -After I kill his Sentry, the AI uses a TU Supernova, taking out my Hood.
    -Still no attack colors, so slowly have to whittle away.

Match ends 20 sec too late and I miss the Mohawk yellow.

Oh well, looks like it was the perfect storm (pun intended) and just wasn't meant to be.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

Mine was somewhat similar - I took 5th with 940.

Similar here, 5th with 950 (6th was 946). I shielded and went to sleep many hours before the end of the event, so had no idea whether that score was going to be enough for top 5, but it turned out to be JUST enough. 10th place has 842, for what it's worth.

Incidentally boooooooooom of the X-Men was 1st in the bracket with 1716, almost 700 points clear of 2nd in the bracket icon_lol.gif
  • Not that I can do anything about it but just need to stress out here:

Last hour of the PvP I ground my way up to top 20 and with half an hour left I went to the gym thinking that I'd done enough to stay top 100. (No HP to shield so figured I'd get as high up as possible to get ahead of the last minute sniping)

Anyway come out of the gym an hour later to find I'd been hit for 202 points and dropped all the way down to 152.

Like I said nothing I can do about it but just frustrating to get hit like that in the last few minutes even when I used my strongest team last to try and stop the attacks!!
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Malcoran wrote:
    PtIIukP.png

It was insane for me...first time crossed 1,1 k and didnt suppose I will end above 1,3k. People were shield hopping like crazy so I was doing same thing, only to see they jumped above me several minutes later. Anyway it was nice feeling and even little adrenaline in the end so it was worth it. Especially we (Ace of Blades) got top10 alliance thanks to our pushing with only 19 active members!

I finished 14th on 1086 what a fun bracket.

I was right behind you with 1073. Loads of fun, glad I didn't need more than 1 yellow.
    Can't believe 1288 was not enough for a top 5 icon_mad.gif

Was in #8 with 8mins to go at 1203. Figure I'd try to hit 1300 and get a Top 5 spot. Had WR2.0 and another xmen saved. with 1min+ to go, I reached 1328. Seconds later, got hit for -40 by a Patchneto team icon_e_sad.gif