Unholy Outlaw - Aug 4-6 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• EVERYONE else, don't worry.

Maybe we should just all assume for the next week that the servers will die at midnight EST and base our play and shield times around that.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    purple19 wrote:
    I'm having the server problem again! Anyone else?
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    EVERYONE else, don't worry.
    Good to know I'm not alone, I'd like to enter tournament though!
    And although the critic was raised in another thread the notice still says:
    "Check your internet connection"
    while, thanks to my internet connection, I'm actually complaining here... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So when the servers came back up, I was down over 100 points, with no messages and no new retals in my queue. Would love to know how that happened...
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    And we're back so make hay while the sun's shining!

PSA out of the way - I'm firmly in the Team Ups blow camp now icon_mad.gif

I'm getting absolutely murdered in every game - even if I win - simply because the AI prioritises TUAP while I foolishly go for a useful colour instead. I just lost Punisher three times out of three attempts (including wiping on a loaner/AWolvie/TinyThor team) because of them. How in the hell am I supposed to deny the AI green and TUAP when either one will result in me getting Berserk Raged?
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    At last! Let's do that icon_e_wink.gif
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There is no middle ground at all with these match ups for me. I either have guys with level 100+ Hulks, etc or people with level 1 Storm and BWs. So strange. Is it always like this?
  • Getting so many low level Twin Pistol Team Ups. Is truly a hassle to burn through them.
  • Since team ups I have had to play 2-3 matches then wait. I have never had my team get beat up so much.
  • Blink
    Blink Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hood hood hood!
  • Well, my MMR seems down since the Thor event, so I'm having a blast pairing my maxed 355 Patch with OBW and a measly level 90 Hood (3 Blue). I'm sure I'm painting a big target on my team playing like this, but whatever. I'm not sure what to sub for OBW for defense though - my next highest level heroes after Patch are 140 Punisher and 135 Daredevil, neither seem like a huge deterrent. Maybe 102 Sentry?
  • I've got somebody (Mystwalker, I think) who keeps hitting me for 11 points, and I keep hitting him back for 35. I feel almost bad about it, but not bad enough to stop retaliating. He's apparently climbing, because I've gone up 80 points and the numbers are staying the same. It's literally all I've done since this morning.
  • HairyDave wrote:

I'm getting absolutely murdered in every game - even if I win - simply because the AI prioritises TUAP while I foolishly go for a useful colour instead. I just lost Punisher three times out of three attempts (including wiping on a loaner/AWolvie/TinyThor team) because of them. How in the hell am I supposed to deny the AI green and TUAP when either one will result in me getting Berserk Raged?

Denying TUAP will not lead you to being Berserk Raged in this case - not with AWolvie. It's funny though, my first match of the event I ran Patch with Punisher (level 140) - lost Punisher. Next ran Patch with BP (level 100) - almost lost BP. Then started Patch + OBW, and only have had to use healthpacks on OBW and Hood once every 3-4 matches or so.

I was worried with one match - AI had Berserker Rage, Berserker Rage, Hailstorm. But was able to finish it fast enough that none of them were cast.

Question for you folks though - how many points should I get to guarantee a top 100 placement? I basically just want at least 1 Mohawk Storm cover, since it's the one 3* that I'm missing from my roster, and I won't be able to play tomorrow so I plan to 12 hour shield till the end. Would 700 points be enough?

It'll be sad to sacrifice my Venom for the Roster slot though, with the whole 1100 ISO devoted to him (thru covers)
  • kalirion wrote:
    Question for you folks though - how many points should I get to guarantee a top 100 placement? I basically just want at least 1 Mohawk Storm cover, since it's the one 3* that I'm missing from my roster, and I won't be able to play tomorrow so I plan to 12 hour shield till the end. Would 700 points be enough?

It'll be sad to sacrifice my Venom for the Roster slot though, with the whole 1100 ISO devoted to him (thru covers)

For Season 3 and the beginning of Season 4, top 100 for me was consistently in the 550-625 range. I have been 700-850 for the last 2 weeks and that has been safely in the top50. 700 points, plus any defensive wins should be plenty.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

Denying TUAP will not lead you to being Berserk Raged in this case - not with AWolvie. It's funny though, my first match of the event I ran Patch with Punisher (level 140) - lost Punisher. Next ran Patch with BP (level 100) - almost lost BP. Then started Patch + OBW, and only have had to use healthpacks on OBW and Hood once every 3-4 matches or so.

I was worried with one match - AI had Berserker Rage, Berserker Rage, Hailstorm. But was able to finish it fast enough that none of them were cast.

700 will probably get you there, but it always depends on the bracket you are in. With the servers being down 2 days in a row you might see some people run up some big scores late. I would imagine if you are in the top 25 when you shield then you should be in the top 100 when it is all done. I am currently at 641 and in 5th in my bracket. I will probably go up to 800 then call it since I don't need Storm's yellow as I have her at 5 already.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    I basically just want at least 1 Mohawk Storm cover, since it's the one 3* that I'm missing from my roster, and I won't be able to play tomorrow so I plan to 12 hour shield till the end. Would 700 points be enough?

There isn't a 12 hour shield. Only 3, 8 and 24, right?
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    I basically just want at least 1 Mohawk Storm cover, since it's the one 3* that I'm missing from my roster, and I won't be able to play tomorrow so I plan to 12 hour shield till the end. Would 700 points be enough?

There isn't a 12 hour shield. Only 3, 8 and 24, right?

Hmm, that means I'd be out 300HP, hopefully I have that much.... But at that point I gotta ask myself if it's worth it just to add a single cover 3* to my roster. I did spend 300 or 375HP on shields to get my first (and so far only) yellow cover for Sentry, but that's the only other time I've used a full day shield before.

Edit: Lol, my Maxed Patch, OBW and boosted-to-141 Hood just easily took out Maxed Hulk/Sentry and boosted-to-150 Hood, and all it cost me was one Thunder Strike TU.
  • Shielded until the end at 937. The end time is terrible for me, and I wanted the covers, so this made the most sense. If I'm in your queue, feel free to attack; I don't plan on unshielding at all (maybe in the last few minutes if it makes a difference).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good thing my mostorm alraedy has 4 yellow, this bracket looks awful. Mohio, hailmary, some random x-men
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I was going to aim for 1100 - I need the yellow after the Thor screw-up - but if keep getting mashed they way I am in every fight I don't think I'm going to make it icon_e_sad.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Good thing my mostorm alraedy has 4 yellow, this bracket looks awful. Mohio, hailmary, some random x-men
    I've only got 2 so probably trying for top 5. Getting on a plane right about when the event ends though so I've gotta get my climbing done early and get some sleep :p. Then hope my score holds.