Unholy Outlaw - Aug 4-6 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• It's a weird feeling when the 500pt progression reward is the cover I want most. 2nd OBW build is 5/5/3 currently, and have sold off multiple purple/blue since. The black is pretty hard to come by.

Building a healthpack for 69k?
  • Locked is right - just count on spending health packs on Hood. With that in mind, I'll probably go with Daken/Psy then Daken/BP for the climb, as Daken won't need packs and neither will whoever Hood tanks for. Once I get to shielding time, I'll swap for the now obligatory Daken/Sentry.
    Why daken/bp instead of daken/thor? Thor seems to give better color coverage and intimidate preempts rage of the panther on defense, doesn't it?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Locked is right - just count on spending health packs on Hood. With that in mind, I'll probably go with Daken/Psy then Daken/BP for the climb, as Daken won't need packs and neither will whoever Hood tanks for. Once I get to shielding time, I'll swap for the now obligatory Daken/Sentry.
    Why daken/bp instead of daken/thor? Thor seems to give better color coverage and intimidate preempts rage of the panther on defense, doesn't it?

Hood tanks for bp and this is for the climb, where defense doesnt matter as much.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    It's a weird feeling when the 500pt progression reward is the cover I want most. 2nd OBW build is 5/5/3 currently, and have sold off multiple purple/blue since. The black is pretty hard to come by.

Building a healthpack for 69k?

Built, and even as is the investment has certainly saved me more than one health pack. Small price to pay in the grand marathon that is MPQ roster development.
  • For straight up climbing though, why not Daken/Patch? Only ever need health packs for Hood, then swap Patch out for LT/Sentry as the last fight of a session.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yemet wrote:
    Lazy storm as a reward.
    top 5 yellow
    top25 green
    top 100 black
    allince yellow

I hope the upcoming lazy storm event is called "Mistress of Team-Ups".

I might be able to use CoTS as a TU instead of dumping it in the prologue!!! I have 5 Yellow on Mohawk storm so I know my Defense will hit some TU on defense. I might actuallly get a defensive win icon_e_smile.gif
  • gamar wrote:
    Locked is right - just count on spending health packs on Hood. With that in mind, I'll probably go with Daken/Psy then Daken/BP for the climb, as Daken won't need packs and neither will whoever Hood tanks for. Once I get to shielding time, I'll swap for the now obligatory Daken/Sentry.

BP gives me another strike tile generator to go with Daken, and RotP cleans up the whole squad at once for cheaper than CotS. Thor would play great too, I'm just excited to use BP more since he was buffed. Only thing I like about the team-ups changes, really.

But Polarity is right, until I hit 800 or so it doesn't really matter who I have on D. In the last Unholy Outlaw I got decent defensive results with Hood/BP/LT though, so if I stay unshielded overnight I might go with that combo. Really, though - Sentry is going to rule the roost above 900.
  • gamar wrote:

BP gives me another strike tile generator to go with Daken, and RotP cleans up the whole squad at once for cheaper than CotS. Thor would play great too, I'm just excited to use BP more since he was buffed. Only thing I like about the team-ups changes, really.

But Polarity is right, until I hit 800 or so it doesn't really matter who I have on D. In the last Unholy Outlaw I got decent defensive results with Hood/BP/LT though, so if I stay unshielded overnight I might go with that combo. Really, though - Sentry is going to rule the roost above 900.
    Yeah, obviously always go for sentry when you're in shield-hopping range, but it's nice when I can avoid losing 1-200 points from retals overnight v icon_e_smile.gif v
  • BrandonE
    BrandonE Posts: 51
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    300. Recruit Token - Bag to Basics
    900. Recruit Token - Bag to Basics

I like the pun, but you'll need a new joke, as Bagman is out of the token draws now, thank goodness.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Well, as I expected, my 3/0/4 Hood makes me into the gamer equivalent of Bagman, with the "Kick me" sign on my back. I think I'm going to bow to the inevitable and just hope that this event tanks my MMR by a lot.
  • BrandonE wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    I like the pun, but you'll need a new joke, as Bagman is out of the token draws now, thank goodness.
    Even if he's not actually in the packs anymore, Bagman jokes will always be funny. Like pies to the face and slipping on banana peels. He even comes with his own "Kick me" sign. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • BrandonE wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

I'll have to get bag to the drawing board then.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    BrandonE wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

I'll have to get bag to the drawing board then.
    There's still Bag-eye and Bagstone, plenty of bags to be had in the tokens even with the OG Bagman removed.
  • You forgot Bagdevil...
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    And I just pulled a Bagverine from the first token.
  • Bagman was only removed from standard and regular heroic token pulls and replaced with tiny torch. He is still available in event tokens.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pallmall wrote:
    Bagman was only removed from standard and regular heroic token pulls and replaced with tiny torch. He is still available in event tokens.

I thought that too but I didn't see him in the odds for the Unholy Outlaw tokens (maybe I managed to miss it somehow though).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    pallmall wrote:
    Bagman was only removed from standard and regular heroic token pulls and replaced with tiny torch. He is still available in event tokens.

I thought that too but I didn't see him in the odds for the Unholy Outlaw tokens (maybe I managed to miss it somehow though).
    His game name is a proud Spider-Man (Bag-Man).
    How to distinguish between Bageye (Bullseye) and Bageye (Hawkeye)?
    That _is_ the question.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    locked wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    pallmall wrote:

His game name is a proud Spider-Man (Bag-Man).
    How to distinguish between Bageye (Bullseye) and Bageye (Hawkeye)?
    That _is_ the question.
    That is simple - one is Bageye (Bullseye) the other is "goddammit, not you again!" (Hawkeye)

(Seriously I've been swamped with Hawkeye since they dropped the man of bags)
  • I'm having the server problem again! Anyone else?