Unholy Outlaw - Aug 4-6 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• Amazeballs
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Good thing my mostorm alraedy has 4 yellow, this bracket looks awful. Mohio, hailmary, some random x-men
    I've only got 2 so probably trying for top 5. Getting on a plane right about when the event ends though so I've gotta get my climbing done early and get some sleep :p. Then hope my score holds.

Gotta say hi to all of you in that case! I don't know what I did to get bracketed with all of you if it's not time based entry haha!

Mohio- I think this is the third or fourth straight tourney that you've been in my bracket lol
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lidolas, I'm not sure who you are or if you're on the forums but you keep coming up worth a bunch of points.

My bad big dawg
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Shielded until the end at 937. The end time is terrible for me, and I wanted the covers, so this made the most sense. If I'm in your queue, feel free to attack; I don't plan on unshielding at all (maybe in the last few minutes if it makes a difference).

Same here, though I shielded at 801. Who knows, maybe my bracket will be lazy enough that it's good for top 25... But i'll be glad if it's in top 50 for the little HP discount off this shield... (yes, I will be upset if i'm somehow out of the top 100).
  • kalirion wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Shielded until the end at 937. The end time is terrible for me, and I wanted the covers, so this made the most sense. If I'm in your queue, feel free to attack; I don't plan on unshielding at all (maybe in the last few minutes if it makes a difference).

Same here, though I shielded at 801. Who knows, maybe my bracket will be lazy enough that it's good for top 25... But i'll be glad if it's in top 50 for the little HP discount off this shield... (yes, I will be upset if i'm somehow out of the top 100).

That score should easily be top 25, and depending on how the bracket moves in the next few hours, could be top 10.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amazeballs wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Good thing my mostorm alraedy has 4 yellow, this bracket looks awful. Mohio, hailmary, some random x-men
    I've only got 2 so probably trying for top 5. Getting on a plane right about when the event ends though so I've gotta get my climbing done early and get some sleep :p. Then hope my score holds.

Gotta say hi to all of you in that case! I don't know what I did to get bracketed with all of you if it's not time based entry haha!

Mohio- I think this is the third or fourth straight tourney that you've been in my bracket lol
    I tend to join PvP at the same time of night every time, but this one the server was down and whatnot so I had to start during the day today instead. If you are joining around the same times too, that would at least partially explain things (just not the sharding/"gentle nudge" part).
  • j12601 wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

That score should easily be top 25, and depending on how the bracket moves in the next few hours, could be top 10.

#8 Right now, and I see you're #10 with 723 - seems extremely unlikely people won't be pushing in the next 11 hours.

We'll see if 800 will be enough for top 25. I'll be surprised if I get any defensive wins with my Patch + OBW.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I, uh, dunno what kind of shard you've been in this season, but I can't recall the last time I saw one where the top 10 was below 900.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish I knew where to find one of these low level brackets many seem to be in....I say that tongue in cheek of course...

Although looking at my own bracket, with 5th being at 1120 and me sitting at 911.....yeah..... icon_e_confused.gif

Guess everyone had withdrawals during the down time and played that much harder??? icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I, uh, dunno what kind of shard you've been in this season, but I can't recall the last time I saw one where the top 10 was below 900.
    I wasn't able to play in the last hour of LoT like everyone else, but my 760+ points got me 7th. I really, really doubt our top 10 would have ended up needing 900 pts. And it's not my roster or days played...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    I wasn't able to play in the last hour of LoT like everyone else, but my 760+ points got me 7th. I really, really doubt our top 10 would have ended up needing 900 pts. And it's not my roster or days played...
    9304bec5-3c4c-4e80-aab4-d3d07f545e33_zps6a75a04d.png

And that's with good players like hailmary still lurking in the 800s or so
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On a much more modest level, what tends to be the score needed to get top 100? Sitting just outside it at the moment but to be honest I'll be chuffed with top 300 and another Thor cover
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Spoit, I'm really not sure what you do to get into death brackets; let's wait and see what kind of bracket I get in Category-5. Will join early as I usually do these days.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

I'll probably go one last time to a little over 1200 and call it a tourney and I'm seriously worried it won't be enough for top 5. In fact, pretty sure it won't be.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just checked my group. Plenty of time left obviously but 10th place currently has 474. The absolute opposite of a group of death, clearly!
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Yep, I'm sitting in that same death bracket at 16th with 904.
    Saw the first known name was like, ok.
    2nd known name, not so bad.
    3rd known name, hmm getting tougher.
    4th known name, hope I get top 5
    5th known name, OK no top 5 just top 10
    6th known name, wait this is looking bad
    7th known name, how did I get in this **** bracket??
    8th known name, this isn't even funny anymore
    9th known name, ahh come on now!!! This is ****!!!
    10th known name, well I just give up now...top 25 finish is still respectable. icon_mad.gif

icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

I'll probably go one last time to a little over 1200 and call it a tourney and I'm seriously worried it won't be enough for top 5. In fact, pretty sure it won't be.

You might be right - two of my alliance mates are in there with you and the scores they just showed me look a lot tighter than that icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    I'm shielded until the end, so hit me if you see me. Unless you are in my bracket - I want top 5 so you guys can just stop where you're at.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    many veterans in my top 10 and 10th already above 900.
    I would be happy if I grab a top 25.

I suffered a lot of attacks around the 8h mark and that's not unusual. What was a bit more unusual is that the defensive wins balanced well the points lost elsewhere. Some defensive wins were worth +30pts and came from 2* teams although I run a team with 166Patch/166Punisher + underleveled Hood. icon_eek.gif
    Unexperienced beginners or my low level Hood acted as a bait?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I have 1029...good for 11th for the time being. Don't really need 1100 reward, won't make top 10. Guess I'm done with the event. Good game all.
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

This bracket is just plain nasty. I shielded at a little over 800 in 21st, which would normally fly for top 25 in other brackets. Got a defensive win which put me close to 830 and now sitting in 24th, and surely not holding on for that second cover. Sucks for the sheer fact that this is the highest personal score I've had with my slowly transitioning 2 -> 3* roster.

If anyone sees me, feel free to hit as I'm shielded til the end, top 25 or not.