Unholy Outlaw - Aug 4-6 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• On my transition defensive team, Hood was covering 4 colors plus the white. I had to wait for him to die, so that I could get Patch covering 5 instead of 2 colors and drop Best There Is. On the bright side, the only 3 attacks I got last night were from 249-166-166s, so at least I kept the hordes away.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dang. Hats off to resume_duel, who took first from me with literally seconds left. It was fun.
  • Nope, definitely not a death bracket...

Winner at 1500, Top 5 at 1400 or better, Top 9 at 1100 or better, 10th at 1050.

Man, I don't think the "gentleness" of the nudge this season is "gentle" enough. How can we possibly expect to handle such cuddly brackets?
  • Apologies to EEEEEEEEEEEEE from whom I sniped first with a last second fight.

And congrats to Thehueyfreeman who ground up past 1100 in the last 30 minutes or so from down near 900 to sneak into 5th.

7TloDvY.jpg

From the final scores I didn't really need to hop again (1137 when I shielded out) to keep top 5, but it was fun so I didn't mind. Bought 2x3hour, 1 health pack. Net profit of 100 HP and 5 covers (baglady is getting sold though). Woo!
  • My 937 got me 9th. There were three people who could have passed me up, so I was ready to break shields at the end, but no one broke shields, so I didn't either. Gets me up to needing 2 covers for Storm, but I suspect she'll need respeccing beyond that (she'll be 5/3/3 and I don't know what the best build is for certain, except that I want 5 covers in black).
  • Haven't played for a month.
    My best character is 114 Patch.
    Got 35th with 800 Points. This competition is insane. Was trying to snipe 25th a couple minutes before it ended but only spent about 600 Iso skipping opponents. Not a single team under 150.

Is Modern Storm so coveted or is it like that all the time?
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    Is Modern Storm so coveted or is it like that all the time?

She hasn't been offered much, but competition's gotten much worse, and Season 4's sharding so far has been a lot like Season 1's.
  • Can't wait for the next Event. Will probably need to shield up as soon as I have a single Deadpool cover :-/
  • PtIIukP.png

It was insane for me...first time crossed 1,1 k and didnt suppose I will end above 1,3k. People were shield hopping like crazy so I was doing same thing, only to see they jumped above me several minutes later. Anyway it was nice feeling and even little adrenaline in the end so it was worth it. Especially we (Ace of Blades) got top10 alliance thanks to our pushing with only 19 active members!
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Apologies to EEEEEEEEEEEEE from whom I sniped first with a last second fight.

And congrats to Thehueyfreeman who ground up past 1100 in the last 30 minutes or so from down near 900 to sneak into 5th.

7TloDvY.jpg

From the final scores I didn't really need to hop again (1137 when I shielded out) to keep top 5, but it was fun so I didn't mind. Bought 2x3hour, 1 health pack. Net profit of 100 HP and 5 covers (baglady is getting sold though). Woo!

The funny part is that I didn't even intend to get T5. I was in 12th and wanted T10 so I shielded when I had that. After I shielded, I realized that my alliance had a chance for top ten with 19 players so I pushed for that. I didn't see that I had T5 until after it was over.
  • Malcoran wrote:
    PtIIukP.png

It was insane for me...first time crossed 1,1 k and didnt suppose I will end above 1,3k. People were shield hopping like crazy so I was doing same thing, only to see they jumped above me several minutes later. Anyway it was nice feeling and even little adrenaline in the end so it was worth it. Especially we (Ace of Blades) got top10 alliance thanks to our pushing with only 19 active members!

I finished 14th on 1086 what a fun bracket.
  • j12601 wrote:
    Apologies to EEEEEEEEEEEEE from whom I sniped first with a last second fight.

Congrats! I was 821 after a single shield win when I checked about 3 hours before event ended. At the time I was #12, so I guess it should be good for top 25, but unless someone from the same bracket confirms it I'll just wait till I get home to find out.
  • I jumped into 23rd at about a minute to go, and got two losses and down to 34th.

My Storm has no Green covers.

• The funny part is that I didn't even intend to get T5. I was in 12th and wanted T10 so I shielded when I had that. After I shielded, I realized that my alliance had a chance for top ten with 19 players so I pushed for that. I didn't see that I had T5 until after it was over.

We realized we were close as well and pushed for T10 alliance as well, and missed topping you guys by a scant 47. We had 20/20, but the bottom guy didn't really play. Congrats on your alliance placement, it was exciting at the end!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, just under 1.2k for top 10, and I just barely held on to top 25 with 1k. Sharding sure is gentle, eh?

5b47cd3b-d3a0-403d-91b7-bf566c58d79f_zpsb3734ae5.png
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    So, just under 1.2k for top 10, and I just barely held on to top 25 with 1k. Sharding sure is gentle, eh?

I really have no idea how I got lumped in this bracket with a bunch of heavy hitters. Bad timing for sure, but sharding up the wazoo. Finished 31st with over 830.

Not cool, D3, not cool.
  • Spoit wrote:

Worst pvp bracket for me ever. That totally sucked but after burning 3 3hr shields, I felt invested for top5. I used five 3hr shields this event and went negative hp in a long time. It was not fun nor exciting. Was actually afraid I would get bumped out of top5 again as I had to run to a meeting and the end of pvp. Now Deadpool covers in Cat5. ..this is gonna suck.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amazeballs wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

I really have no idea how I got lumped in this bracket with a bunch of heavy hitters. Bad timing for sure, but sharding up the wazoo. Finished 31st with over 830.

Not cool, D3, not cool.

It is time for simulator tank-a-palooza my friend. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

It is time for simulator tank-a-palooza my friend. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Does match MMR effect sharding?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Malcoran wrote:
    PtIIukP.png

I finished 14th on 1086 what a fun bracket.

I was right behind you with 1073. Loads of fun, glad I didn't need more than 1 yellow.