Deadpool vs Marvel Puzzle Quest – Aug 1 – 3

Options

Comments

• Sumilea wrote:
    Well I not started yet but the opening node deadpool vs Marvel Heroes is 88/89

Same, it was 24/25 when event started.
  • Same. 88/89 now. But it's been there since 30 min's after event opened. It has not gone up any further since then. I plan to wait to join as well. I'm guessing DP hype will make it where more people than normal cannot resists to join ASAP and grind a lot more than norm.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    There are people in my bracket who are well over 2K in points.

My single clear of all nodes netted 1400 in the Sub.

Are they just grinding like crazy on the nodes? Isn't it more point efficient to wait for the nodes to recharge?

I can understand their behavior if we were in the final hours, but not so early. Besides, if there is any RB, they are just making it easier for those they leave behind now.

Am I mistaken on the points?

Alot of people will do 2-3 clears before bed or work...there are also people who just don't seem to get how PvE works and just grind nodes all day everyday when they're worth nothing...so either one is an option.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Clearly they're trying to drive up global scaling. . . .

Maxed, boosted Sentry laughs at your global scaling icon_lol.gif
  • Same. 88/89 now. But it's been there since 30 min's after event opened. It has not gone up any further since then. I plan to wait to join as well. I'm guessing DP hype will make it where more people than normal cannot resists to join ASAP and grind a lot more than norm.

As the first subs 36H long I not be joining until about the 18 hours to go. As there 1400 points per refresh even if there no rubber banding, which I cannot see there being any since maximum progression reward is 10K, I will be close to the 10K reward.
  • Orion... shhh... don't let the cat out of the bag about rubber banding. Someone else might figure it out too icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a little disappointed that his speech bubbles are white.
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    Does anyone know what tactic to use for this event? How many times to grind the nodes and so on?

My last attempt in Hood PvE was lousy. I was 2nd until the last day. After the subs closed, I couldn't even make top ten in the main event (I was #11 with 90k, and #8 had 3k more than me). I must have done something wrong.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Upper left node "Rematch, Ding Ding". Cleared everything, going back for a second run - this one doesn't have a point value, Deadpool is in his different "night-time" outfit as opposed to his original outfit.

Tried it out, zero points. What? Was this one supposed to have a red check-mark for finished, and not to be replayed?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is just an opportunity for you to try out Deadpool.

No need to repeat it unless you just want to.

There was a similar node in the previous PvE.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    danikalil wrote:
    Does anyone know what tactic to use for this event? How many times to grind the nodes and so on?

My last attempt in Hood PvE was lousy. I was 2nd until the last day. After the subs closed, I couldn't even make top ten in the main event (I was #11 with 90k, and #8 had 3k more than me). I must have done something wrong.

The last event after the subs you almost had to hit everything on the main every 2.5 hours if your opponents were anywhere close to you in score since the rb was practically non-existent. This event IDK....I assume it'll probably be 2 subs with typical amounts of rb so you can probably play it how you played the subs of the last event but that's just a guess you might want to wait for people with more info before deciding.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    HAH!

There's a mandatory teamup node at the Baxter Building with a HP prize.

Bagman is one of the defenders and Deadpool says "Seriously?!? No one even likes you!" to him.

And then I got a bagman Team-up reward from it.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    It is just an opportunity for you to try out Deadpool.

No need to repeat it unless you just want to.

There was a similar node in the previous PvE.

Having the opposing team be 45's instead of 90's would have been much nicer in that case.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seriously with the boosted Hawkeye Modern??? I hate that dude. I even am willing to try him, but he keeps putting the CD tiles right where they'll be matched!!! Useless!!! You think they'll buff him half way through this event so he becomes an actual playable character?? Other than that...I wish every node had a Deadpool Team up.....sad face icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Nellyson wrote:
    Seriously with the boosted Hawkeye Modern??? I hate that dude. I even am willing to try him, but he keeps putting the CD tiles right where they'll be matched!!! Useless!!! You think they'll buff him half way through this event so he becomes an actual playable character?? Other than that...I wish every node had a Deadpool Team up.....sad face icon_e_sad.gif
    Hood is buffed and he can whip Hawkeye's butt icon_razz.gif
  • Wait, progression rewards go up to only 10k - does that mean there's 0 rubberbanding?

In which case I'd need to start playing early to get the progression rewards, or really late to have a shot at the top 100 even?
  • Lower left corner of Deadpool vs. Heroes, the Spiderman node.
    Reminds me of this Tenacious D song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7kUt9Ddum4
  • kalirion wrote:
    Wait, progression rewards go up to only 10k - does that mean there's 0 rubberbanding?

In which case I'd need to start playing early to get the progression rewards, or really late to have a shot at the top 100 even?

I just made 1 pass through and got over 2000, so progressions seem easily achievable. Probably just hitting the essentials after the first pass will get it done.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    HAH!

There's a mandatory teamup node at the Baxter Building with a HP prize.

Bagman is one of the defenders and Deadpool says "Seriously?!? No one even likes you!" to him.

I was losing this one, when Bagman added 4 to their own Flame Jet countdown. I needed a visa to match it and Torch was invisible. Bagman is the best - he can't even use his powers correctly.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This has the best PvE dialog ever! And Deadpool looks to be the most overpowered character yet... over 3K damage for 6 red? Yikes!