The Doctor (Doom) is in.

Options

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Oh **** oh **** oh ****. Zathrus and TheLadder just showed up in matchmaking.

I'm more concerned that you think I'm in his league...

I'm hoping to finish top10, but I don't know at this point.

Lol, I saw you in matchmaking and left alone (I think, terrible memory). Also saw walkyourpath for decent points but turned them down as he looked like he was on a run to 1200.

Only got hit once near 1000, from Bugpop icon_e_wink.gif Was it a tough match? I've maxed Doom now as well, those fist tiles hit for nearly 600 each per turn, should imagine that hurts if he deploys icon_eek.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Lol, I saw you in matchmaking and left alone (I think, terrible memory). Also saw walkyourpath for decent points but turned them down as he looked like he was on a run to 1200.

Only got hit once near 1000, from Bugpop icon_e_wink.gif Was it a tough match? I've maxed Doom now as well, those fist tiles hit for nearly 600 each per turn, should imagine that hurts if he deploys icon_eek.gif

Thank you! I just want to hit 800 and make top 10 at this point for purple Spidey.

And Bugpop's team intimidates me, but I'm going to hit "Fight" anyway.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Thank you! I just want to hit 800 and make top 10 at this point for purple Spidey.

lol what is Bugpop's team?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_e_sad.gif Managed to get lucky on a blue cover Dr. Doom at the 800 progression reward. Got to about 1060 for another blue them I got hit by everyone. Currently floating below 1k.
  • I typically do well in tourneys. Np reaching 900-1k and placing for good rewards.
    Really struggling in this tourney for some reason.
  • Bryson wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

lol what is Bugpop's team?

Near max level Doom, max level Spidey, and a 2* Mags (don't know why he's running that). I misread it as a Classic Mags.

Anyway, made 800, pretty much done until close to the end so I can stay top 10. Now I can catch up on the boards without worrying about this icon_e_wink.gif
  • I typically do well in tourneys. Np reaching 900-1k and placing for good rewards.
    Really struggling in this tourney for some reason.

If it's like me then any vestige of tanking is gone and you're having to fight equal/higher level teams. There's no junky teams like there were in Bad is Good (due to people selling off **** covers that are DA and/or not having a Rag), and quite a few people already had a Doom (even if not leveled up yet) from Lightning Rounds.

Struggled to make 800. Got a second Moonstone for my difficulties. Woo.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Near max level Doom, max level Spidey, and a 2* Mags (don't know why he's running that). I misread it as a Classic Mags.

Because his purple changes tiles to blue, that he can then change to Black with Doom's blue?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

Because his purple changes tiles to blue, that he can then change to Black with Doom's blue?
    That is the reason I was using him. Sets up nicely for either turning blue to black or generating blue for webs.
  • Well, I'll tell you this much -- the AI doesn't use it well. But I also usually kill Spidey on turn 2 or 3.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Oh **** oh **** oh ****. Zathrus and TheLadder just showed up in matchmaking.

I'm more concerned that you think I'm in his league...

I'm hoping to finish top10, but I don't know at this point.

This is at most the second time I've ever seen you come up in matchmaking, so I wasn't really sure.
  • The Ladder wrote:

Thanks for the courtesy! I'm not running for 1200 as I don't want to set myself up for unexpected retaliations at the end. My Spidey is good, so I'm actually aiming for 1st to score an IW. I've got a 200 pt. cushion, so if you have to hit me to score a progression reward, I'll probably be fine. I'll start a final push in the last hour or before if someone else makes a mad dash on my spot.
  • Oh, one nice thing -- seen a pretty wide variety of teams in this tournament. See a lot of teams running Doom/Rags, but the third is pretty varied -- C Storm, Mags, Spidey, Wolverine... such a nice relief after Bad is Good and the usual Thor/C Storm combos.
  • Wish you were in my bracket. No one is making a clear push for #1, which makes things tricky.
  • Was trying to make a push for 900, but it's starting to get a little sticky in there. That, and my team (Doom 38/Rags 72/Wolvie 83) is nowhere near scary enough to keep me in top 5/10 at the end, so not worth losing sleep over.
  • Going for IW. Hopefully no one attacks me.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Well, I'll tell you this much -- the AI doesn't use it well. But I also usually kill Spidey on turn 2 or 3.

Speaking of poor AI. I had an AI Grey Widow get off her 4th level purple power and she didn't make one crit or 4 way match. icon_lol.gif
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Well, I'll tell you this much -- the AI doesn't use it well. But I also usually kill Spidey on turn 2 or 3.

Speaking of poor AI. I had an AI Grey Widow get off her 4th level purple power and she didn't make one crit or 4 way match. icon_lol.gif

damn I hope that wasn't mine. I trained her better than that!!
  • I am trying to finish 3 to 5 place for Spider-man covers and I find tanking to get 3 to 5 is harder than trying to just win a tourney outright...
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    I am trying to finish 3 to 5 place for Spider-man covers and I find tanking to get 3 to 5 is harder than trying to just win a tourney outright...

****. I think I screwed myself out of spidey. Guy ahead charged up to 1k so I followed him. Now he dropped back to 930 pts and I am sitting at 1012 and not getting hit. Doh.. for the dang Hero pts over spidy blue n purple