The Doctor (Doom) is in.

Options

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Is there any reason to get excited about the apparent Octopi on the cover of this Doctor event?

That'd be cool, but there's 10 tentacles.

I want a shuma gorath cover now....
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    For those of us who can't update til later tonight, can anyone inform on progression rewards of note?

2Moonstones, standard tokens and 100 HP for 1000. Doom for 1100.

Disappointed there are no Heroic token rewards in this tournament.

Somehow I ended up with a token for the Doctor's Orders heroic draw (** or better villain). I suspect one of the progression award Standard Tokens is actually an event Heroic. Probably 250, since that's the highest progression award token I've got. I believe 250 was an event Heroic during the last tourney as well.
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    For those of us who can't update til later tonight, can anyone inform on progression rewards of note?

2Moonstones, standard tokens and 100 HP for 1000. Doom for 1100.

Disappointed there are no Heroic token rewards in this tournament.

Somehow I ended up with a token for the Doctor's Orders heroic draw (** or better villain). I suspect one of the progression award Standard Tokens is actually an event Heroic. Probably 250, since that's the highest progression award token I've got. I believe 250 was an event Heroic during the last tourney as well.

I can confirm this, 250 point reward is a Doctor's Orders heroic draw! (too bad I only got my 8th red Moonstone icon_evil.gif )

Oh, and i just realized 2 names in my bracket... Nick Fury icon_e_surprised.gif and Sooty icon_e_surprised.gif Good I won't aim for #1 or #2... Only need blue and purple spidey covers...
  • Not sure what to think of my bracket. Spoit, you just aiming for top 5? I'd like a yellow but I don't wanna get bamboozled the last day and get stuck with an IW if I just go high for whatever reason.
  • Discovered Doom's true purpose, he's the perfect meat shield for my **Widow.
  • Discovered Doom's true purpose, he's the perfect meat shield for my **Widow.

I like teams like yours. She's so easy to kill compared to Rags, Mags, IM40, Thor...

My matchmaking is hideous right now. I hope I'm able to finish in the top 5, but it's going to be a very hard slog. Killing TheLadder has its consequences.

And yes, the 250 is actually a Heroic even though it's not labeled as such. I suspect the 800 is too.
  • Will Doom at 10k life will be scary in this tournament? I have Doom at level 15 and I don't like to spend too much iso on him. Hmm...
    Probably will join now and see.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure what to think of my bracket. Spoit, you just aiming for top 5? I'd like a yellow but I don't wanna get bamboozled the last day and get stuck with an IW if I just go high for whatever reason.
    Yeah, going to tank to top 5, but I'm going for the 100 HP first though, maybe 1100 depending how it goes
  • Zathrus wrote:
    My matchmaking is hideous right now. I hope I'm able to finish in the top 5, but it's going to be a very hard slog. Killing TheLadder has its consequences.

Did you see what happened to me in the DA tournament? I was in a high scoring bracket, and every opponent option I had had significantly fewer points than me. It did not end well.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Not sure what to think of my bracket. Spoit, you just aiming for top 5? I'd like a yellow but I don't wanna get bamboozled the last day and get stuck with an IW if I just go high for whatever reason.
    Yeah, going to tank to top 5, but I'm going for the 100 HP first though, maybe 1100 depending how it goes
    Yeah, this is painful, only getting the same half dozen people who give me 5-8 points each and retaliate for 40+. Going to find you again and tank
  • Misguided wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

Did you see what happened to me in the DA tournament? I was in a high scoring bracket, and every opponent option I had had significantly fewer points than me. It did not end well.

Yes. That's where I was too when I was trying to make it to 1000 -- you were one of two people I saw (after skipping about 50 times) that would give me more than 15 points; most of them were under 10 points (but at least none under 5). After I beat you I eventually saw TheLadder, which is what got me over 1000 after taking several 40 point hits.

But now I have Nemek beating up on me (well, once) and similar teams. At least this early most of the teams are worth lots of points, but it's ugly.
  • Seems like the Spidey covers are pushing folks to be more active in this tourney. Was able to hit 1100 just a bit ago, got my Doom to 5/4. Since I'm maxed on Spidey (I went 5 yellow before they awesomed up the purple, sigh) I'm actually jazzed to have a nice cushion for my first 4* cover. Shame I won't get it until after the Hunt concludes, but oh well.

All in all, playing with a buffed Doom has been pretty fun - makes me think of Big Trouble In Little China - "mmmm, A 6 Demon bag!"
  • 1100 already wow. I need to start pushing icon_e_smile.gif
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got 250 to get the 'standard' token. Turn out to be a Heroic 'Doctor is In' token so got excited. Claimed it and got Loki's 'Trickery'. Well played game, well played.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    1100 already wow. I need to start pushing icon_e_smile.gif

Holy... I'm still shy of 500 and have matches with people like Polkio and Nemek. I can beat them (ty lousy AI), but it wears...
  • I might just aim for rank #3 and be happy If I get #2 to be safe. The yellow isn't make or break for me (I don't use in combat...just for healing outside) and what I really want the most is blue (my spidey is 1/1/3 so anything is helpful) as 6 ap stun isn't very useable/abuseable. Trying to decide if I should pump more iso into doom. 5/3 but only lvl 68/89 right now. I wish we better understood matchmaking as I am a little sketched at lvling him too high in case it starts only giving me 80+ teams lol. I'll probably try and push for the blue doom if possible later and push my bracket in hint up (we are only @26-27k range so far) but I am very busy this weekend so ... I really wish doom ended on Monday lol.
  • I might just aim for rank #3 and be happy If I get #2 to be safe. The yellow isn't make or break for me (I don't use in combat...just for healing outside) and what I really want the most is blue (my spidey is 1/1/3 so anything is helpful) as 6 ap stun isn't very useable/abuseable. Trying to decide if I should pump more iso into doom. 5/3 but only lvl 68/89 right now. I wish we better understood matchmaking as I am a little sketched at lvling him too high in case it starts only giving me 80+ teams lol. I'll probably try and push for the blue doom if possible later and push my bracket in hint up (we are only @26-27k range so far) but I am very busy this weekend so ... I really wish doom ended on Monday lol.

Yeah, you really want his blue. I got lucky and pulled a blue this morning from a heroic token so he's now 3/5/4.

As for Doom -- if you have other covers to level up right now, I'd spend the ISO there instead. Doom is currently only really useful in buffed tournaments (e.g. -- Lightning rounds). He needs a good 3rd ability.

As for matchmaking -- it depends entirely on who you defeat (or lose to), not what level your characters are. Otherwise tanking wouldn't be of any use (which may be part of the solution to matchmaking and tanking; take into consideration the levels of heroes that can be used -- to avoid weirdness only consider the top 6 characters perhaps).
  • I don't know how people pushed through to 1000. I got to 800 (earlier) and couldn't find anyone to fight around my level. I kept getting the same 3-4 players all in the 600's.

Both of my heroic pulls were ****. It's bumming me out.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I don't know how people pushed through to 1000. I got to 800 (earlier) and couldn't find anyone to fight around my level. I kept getting the same 3-4 players all in the 600's.

Both of my heroic pulls were ****. It's bumming me out.
    Very slowly, at 10-15 point a match.

And yeah, both of my pulls were moonstone icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spidey doom kills guys so slowly but its hella fun

damn got hit on my way to 1100, gonna stop then. It's too tedious to wittle down high level dooms even though they're no threat