The Doctor (Doom) is in.

245678

Comments

  • I hope all these easy spidey covers force noobs to stop complaining about rags
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misguided wrote:
    Yup, shows up after update. Nice! Blue and Purple Spidey for 3-5 (plus yellow for 2).
    A purple that doesn't require risking the boobie prize? YAY!
  • Is there any way to play this event without R44? lol
  • Misguided wrote:
    Anybody else just get a pop-up about a Doom tournament?

    Well, I was excited, but not that excited....

    Seriously, nice to see another new format, I've been impressed with the variety and quantity of events recently.
  • Its only easy spidey if you have a leveled Doom. If you don't then its more of "do i want to try really really hard for a spidey cover using a tinykitty team with a level 15 Doom, only to be knocked down to 11th place in the last 5 minutes of the tournament by a guy with a level 100 Doom". Still I'll probably try for it because I'm starving for my first blue spidey.

    And it appears the pattern for tournaments may be that whoever they offer as top prize covers will likely be the subject of a tournament in the near future. So get ready for a Spidey tournament in the next couple weeks
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Is there any way to play this event without R44? lol

    I have a feeling the answer is "no." So little easier to win rounds in the hunt due to ambiguous buffs allowing them the Nerf/buff things as they see fit with far less negative feedback or get to participate in New event. My phone takes forever to update (sprint unlimited plan..so fricken slow) but I am trying now. If Thor is unchanged it does matter as I wasn't using environment tiles THAT often anyway. Super environments hurt me more than they helped usually lol.
  • the moose wrote:
    Its only easy spidey if you have a leveled Doom. If you don't then its more of "do i want to try really really hard for a spidey cover using a tinykitty team with a level 15 Doom, only to be knocked down to 11th place in the last 5 minutes of the tournament by a guy with a level 100 Doom". Still I'll probably try for it because I'm starving for my first blue spidey.

    And it appears the pattern for tournaments may be that whoever they offer as top prize covers will likely be the subject of a tournament in the near future. So get ready for a Spidey tournament in the next couple weeks

    I think a 115 rag and 120 mag scare off guys with only high level dooms. I might throw some isos at my own doom to maybe level 40.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I hope all these easy spidey covers force noobs to stop complaining about rags

    Not sure I understand the logic. Now if they were giving away rags covers... Is it because everyone should be able to stun lock rags with all these covers?

    I invested a lot of HP in spidey that would not have been needed if I was more patient. Wonder if it will happen with Rags too. Guess I'm still glad I did it as it has been helpful along the way but it is going to be interesting when everyone has stun lock spidey teams in tournaments. At least they are making purple easier to get this round. Having to finish exactly 2nd to get one purple cover is a bit much.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    the moose wrote:
    Its only easy spidey if you have a leveled Doom. If you don't then its more of "do i want to try really really hard for a spidey cover using a tinykitty team with a level 15 Doom, only to be knocked down to 11th place in the last 5 minutes of the tournament by a guy with a level 100 Doom". Still I'll probably try for it because I'm starving for my first blue spidey.

    And it appears the pattern for tournaments may be that whoever they offer as top prize covers will likely be the subject of a tournament in the near future. So get ready for a Spidey tournament in the next couple weeks

    I think a 115 rag and 120 mag scare off guys with only high level dooms. I might throw some isos at my own doom to maybe level 40.

    A high level buffed doom does 4k a turn with demons. Pair him with a Spiderman and it is free damage. No team other than another high level doom will really scare anyone off.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    the moose wrote:
    Its only easy spidey if you have a leveled Doom. If you don't then its more of "do i want to try really really hard for a spidey cover using a tinykitty team with a level 15 Doom, only to be knocked down to 11th place in the last 5 minutes of the tournament by a guy with a level 100 Doom". Still I'll probably try for it because I'm starving for my first blue spidey.

    And it appears the pattern for tournaments may be that whoever they offer as top prize covers will likely be the subject of a tournament in the near future. So get ready for a Spidey tournament in the next couple weeks

    I think a 115 rag and 120 mag scare off guys with only high level dooms. I might throw some isos at my own doom to maybe level 40.

    It wont if .the doom is 90+ With a weakened crit multiplier you aren't going to cascade a high level doom to death with luck off once a turn clapping. Maybe in the last 30 min they won't attack you, but if nothing easy appeared I'd certain give a team without a high lvl doom a go. Magneto isn't that scary on def as you really just have to worry about his purple (which you can mitigate by keeping blue on the board low or just blocking purple) and rag @7k hp is hardly the end of the world. I would recommend putting at least a little bit into doom if you got the ISO to spare. Base doom would be an easy last target choice. The damage output on his demons would be way diff by lvl 40 and I'd personally move to targeting mag last.

    You know what is weird? And this might be why they are having the tournement, but I have never seen a doom above about 89-95. I don't think ppl level him as a first choice.
  • I have 60,000 isos saved we'll see what i use it on icon_e_smile.gif I really want that last purple spidey.
  • Is this event a 2 or 5 day event? I can't update now, but I hope it's a 2 day event.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Is this event a 2 or 5 day event? I can't update now, but I hope it's a 2 day event.

    I would expect it to end on Monday, but I am waiting on my Ssslllooowww Updating too.
  • Server appears to be dying, but I believe it ends at the old regular time, (9pm on US west coast), 2 days from now.
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    Daken is Dr Doom Kryptonite
  • Clint wrote:
    Daken is Dr Doom Kryptonite

    How? Doom is black, purple, and blue from what I last recall in his tile strength. His only two powers require only black and blue AP too.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Daken is Dr Doom Kryptonite

    How? Doom is black, purple, and blue from what I last recall in his tile strength. His only two powers require only black and blue AP too.

    Daken/Wolvie can occupy all the red tiles with Strikes so Doom has no where to put his Demons.
  • OnesOwnGriefOnesOwnGrief Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twanbon wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Daken is Dr Doom Kryptonite

    How? Doom is black, purple, and blue from what I last recall in his tile strength. His only two powers require only black and blue AP too.

    Daken/Wolvie can occupy all the red tiles with Strikes so Doom has no where to put his Demons.

    This is so true. I was fumbling over myself running Doom and Daken at the same time. Then I had to come up with a new team.
  • Twanbon wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Daken is Dr Doom Kryptonite

    How? Doom is black, purple, and blue from what I last recall in his tile strength. His only two powers require only black and blue AP too.

    Daken/Wolvie can occupy all the red tiles with Strikes so Doom has no where to put his Demons.

    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Daken would be a problem then, but if there were 2 or 3 red tiles still open, then he would only postpone his defeat lol.
  • Ehh, dakan is easy enough to kill first quickly...you probably wouldnt have 12 black by the time he is dead anyway. Black green and all +3 and its two matches to get demons out in a tougher match... Now, if dakan had 5000+ health it might be an issue. So it ends on Sunday after the hunt? I'm busy most of Sunday so I was hoping it went till Monday...

    Fricken phone is at 14% download...seriously..my god..
Sign In or Register to comment.