The Doctor (Doom) is in.

Options

Comments

• If people start using defensive Dakken to mess up doom users Loki could sure be fun I bet. Haha.
    I gotta try to find uses for him! I'm like the only 1 who wants his covers. Lol
  • Hmmm maybe rag and daken will deter high lvl dooms
  • what we've learned over the months is no team is ever deterred if there's a good amount of points involved. (fighting a rag with a rag is pretty hilarious, since the player can do more than one red ability so he can chain off the other rag
  • forgrim wrote:
    what we've learned over the months is no team is ever deterred if there's a good amount of points involved. (fighting a rag with a rag is pretty hilarious, since the player can do more than one red ability so he can chain off the other rag

Agreed forgrim. When fighting rag vs rag I typically unleash my reds right after the 1st time the opponents does. More crits off their greens
  • forgrim wrote:
    what we've learned over the months is no team is ever deterred if there's a good amount of points involved. (fighting a rag with a rag is pretty hilarious, since the player can do more than one red ability so he can chain off the other rag

I dont have to have the best team, just not the worst team on someones hit list icon_e_wink.gif
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2013
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I have 60,000 isos saved we'll see what i use it on icon_e_smile.gif I really want that last purple spidey.

Like you I'm not sure what to spend my 42k ISO on. Doom is an interesting character but not very versatile. My Magneto Classic I leveled up to 100 and that may be it, I have no issues beating teams with him at lvl 100. Rag? Got him to level 50,am almost sure that if I play Rag in my rotation I would lose interest in this game fairly quickly.

Invisible Woman? Got her to level 100, not dumping more ISO on her for a while. I need more Spiderman covers, have 1 yellow and 5 purples...

Punisher may be the only one that deserves ISO for the foreseeable future

I may join this tournament with my 55 Dr. Doom and just save my ISO stash
  • For those of us who can't update til later tonight, can anyone inform on progression rewards of note?
  • Twanbon wrote:
    For those of us who can't update til later tonight, can anyone inform on progression rewards of note?

2Moonstones, standard tokens and 100 HP for 1000. Doom for 1100.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Twanbon wrote:
    For those of us who can't update til later tonight, can anyone inform on progression rewards of note?

Don't forget Invisible Woman green at 1400

Oh wait, he said rewards of note... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • With my 5/5 and 77 level doom, i think ill get at least 1 spidey. I really need those.
  • Twanbon wrote:

It's basically identical to the Bad is Good tournament, but they rotated colors on the rewards (e.g. -- purple Spidey for top 10 instead of top 2; Blue Doom at 1100; Blue IW at #1).

Personally I'm thrilled (once it was pointed out the colors are different). I don't have to try for #2 now in the DA tourney, and then won't have to try beyond top 10 for this one. I just need 1 more Spidey color of each color to max him out.

If I could make it to 1100 though I could finish off my Doom.
  • AdamMagus wrote:

Plus I would say there's no way to get 1400 but Polkio just proved me wrong. BIG tournament was probably an exception though.
  • AdamMagus wrote:

Plus I would say there's no way to get 1400 but Polkio just proved me wrong. BIG tournament was probably an exception though.
    I imagine above 1200 is a drag. You can get at least that high without it getting really grindy.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup top 5. Maybe I'll finally get my first purple in dr. doom's tourney. It should be less stressful since I'm way past maxed on yellows
  • Is there any reason to get excited about the apparent Octopi on the cover of this Doctor event?
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Is there any reason to get excited about the apparent Octopi on the cover of this Doctor event?

Only if you're into that sort of thing...
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Is there any reason to get excited about the apparent Octopi on the cover of this Doctor event?

That'd be cool, but there's 10 tentacles.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    the moose wrote:
    Its only easy spidey if you have a leveled Doom. If you don't then its more of "do i want to try really really hard for a spidey cover using a **** team with a level 15 Doom, only to be knocked down to 11th place in the last 5 minutes of the tournament by a guy with a level 100 Doom". Still I'll probably try for it because I'm starving for my first blue spidey.

And it appears the pattern for tournaments may be that whoever they offer as top prize covers will likely be the subject of a tournament in the near future. So get ready for a Spidey tournament in the next couple weeks

I think a 115 rag and 120 mag scare off guys with only high level dooms. I might throw some isos at my own doom to maybe level 40.

I think My 115 rag 110 Spidey and 113 Doom scare off most people. But when I see Mag at 120 and Rag ay 115 I usually avoid because I only in this game for the Iso not the points.
  • sweet i only have to be 2-10 to get my last spidey (purple cover)? I don't even have to dump any iso on doom to get 10th lol
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twanbon wrote:

Disappointed there are no Heroic token rewards in this tournament.