Unstable ISO-8 - July 18-24

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    As for me ridiculously is when you kill 6 days for hard play and then cut off all your works in last hours, cuz you was too lazy for wake up on 1-2 hours earlier. Time, when PVE would be finished is not surprise and clearly visible from start.

You're missing the point. Any game that requires you to get up in the middle of the night, disrupt your sleep, disturb your wife... just to get a decent ranking... that's just broken mechanics.

In my case I absolutely was prepared to wake up at 4am to grind out a top 20 finish - as I've done on at least 30 occassions since I started playing MPQ - but as I didn't want a loud alarm (because it would wake the Mrs) I ended up sleeping through my alarm by accident. Now, I've been both the victim of bad game mechanics and bad luck in that instance. On the positive side, at least I got some sleep.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just a quick question, when someone says something like "367 Congo nodes", is the 367 referring to the level of the enemies... or the points you get from beating the level?

First PVE I've played wire to wire; ended up with 58K points; finished 121. Died a couple times on the last day which didn't help me in my attempts to get top 100
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    Why was that one considered a death bracket? Just cause it was late?
    Because it had Nemek, jozier, Sauce, laoahpeh, Morgh, and a lot more other forumites in it. Thankfully not more than 20 apparently, else this could have been a LOT nastier in the last hour.

Should I take it as a compliment that I got put in this bracket then?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    Why was that one considered a death bracket? Just cause it was late?
    Because it had Nemek, jozier, Sauce, laoahpeh, Morgh, and a lot more other forumites in it. Thankfully not more than 20 apparently, else this could have been a LOT nastier in the last hour.

Should I take it as a compliment that I got put in this bracket then?

One day, maybe then the rewards are not a new set of covers we should arrange a time to build a death bracket so someone can get bragging rights as being the most insane forumite.
  • Unknown
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    As for me ridiculously is when you kill 6 days for hard play and then cut off all your works in last hours, cuz you was too lazy for wake up on 1-2 hours earlier. Time, when PVE would be finished is not surprise and clearly visible from start.

You're missing the point. Any game that requires you to get up in the middle of the night, disrupt your sleep, disturb your wife... just to get a decent ranking... that's just broken mechanics.

In my case I absolutely was prepared to wake up at 4am to grind out a top 20 finish - as I've done on at least 30 occassions since I started playing MPQ - but as I didn't want a loud alarm (because it would wake the Mrs) I ended up sleeping through my alarm by accident. Now, I've been both the victim of bad game mechanics and bad luck in that instance. On the positive side, at least I got some sleep.

Nope. I don't miss anything. If you have broken clock or angry wife is only your problems. Yeah, end time is tinykitty for EU players, but hey! This is game rules. If don't like it — just don't play.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Never try to influence something that is fun and good into being more fun and great, better to quit now. We wouldn't want to change anything that might upset ^^ guy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Devs, F*CK YOU

I support this post 1000%
  • Unknown
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    I stop venting about timezone a long time ago.. This topic has been talked at length and with the vast majority of users in EST zone i dont see a change in the foreseeable future.. So i woke up at 4.30 am and ground my 367 Congo nodes.. Finished 22th, 50 Pts behind 20th(last fight didnt register..damn)..bracket won by a 94 player.. Oh well.. Next time i will wake up at 3.30.. icon_e_confused.gif

+1

If you really want something — you do all of you can for obtain it. If not — continue whining on forums with same like you.

"Too lazy" to adjust and live our lives around a effing game? Spare us your silly judgements. I understand your point, but you don't seem to care about the point others are making.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    "Too lazy" to adjust and live our lives around a effing game? Spare us your silly judgements. I understand your point, but you don't seem to care about the point others are making.
    I think OTERSEY is trying to say that if you're investing that much time into an effing game already, you should deal with inconvenient times like The Ladder used to (search for his diaries somewhere here on the forums), or quit being competitive like The Ladder did (search for his recent quitting posts somehwere on the forums).
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:

Silly? If simple logic is to complicated for you, yes this silly. icon_lol.gif And who say about building whole life around game? 3 free hours per day isn't whole life. About others... Can't give everything to everyone. There will always someone who dissatisfied with something.

P.S. locked, thanks. Again. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Adventfire wrote:
    Muspel wrote:
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    Something really needs to be done about these PVE slogs. So many hours of effort goes into them and you really don't know how well you're doing until it's over. In PVP, a fraction of the effort can get you three or four 3* and two 4*.
    Personally, I think that part of the problem is that the events drag on for so long. If they did three consecutive short events, each of which rewarded a single color cover, I think it'd be a lot more bearable.

They also need to do something to reduce the need to repeatedly grind nodes, of course. To be honest, I'm not really convinced that having competitive PvE events makes any sense.

Well I am glad they have them because im really bad at PvP and the PvE gives me a chance as a new guy to build up some covers.
    PvP is actually vastly easier to rank in than PvE, because all you have to do is fight AI-controlled versions of other people's teams. Contrast that with PvE, where you fight AI-controlled versions of characters that are far above their ordinary maximum level, to the point that it completely breaks game balance-- level 200+ Daken is not even remotely a fair fight.

I've consistently been able to get in the top 100 for any PvP event, even before I had any 3* characters that were worth using, and even with 2* characters, you can push your way to the top 25 if you make a final push before the event ends and then throw up a short shield (and you'll earn enough hero points from the event to pay for the shield).

By contrast, I've missed out on getting the 3* end rewards in the last few PvE events, usually because of ridiculous point inflation in the last few hours of the event, and it's been a very, very long time since I even came close to the top ranks in those.
  • Unknown
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    OTERSEY wrote:

Nope. I don't miss anything. If you have broken clock or angry wife is only your problems. Yeah, end time is tinykitty for EU players, but hey! This is game rules. If don't like it — just don't play.
    You really did miss the point, but since DrUnpleasant's answer wasn't enough for you to understand it, I won't even bother explain it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    You really did miss the point, but since DrUnpleasant's answer wasn't enough for you to understand it, I won't even bother explain it.
    Of course you not. All thing what does of your circle jerk is whining to each other about evil cruel world. Cry-cry. icon_lol.gif
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    OTERSEY wrote:
    OTERSEY wrote:

Yes he either doesn't get the point, or is incapable of it. To have to wake up in the dead of night just to protect your week's long work. Or miss the alarm once and get screwed. To sit through a client meeting in the middle of a weekday and watch as your 3 cover prize dwindle down to 1/0 and be powerless to stop it. To go through this every, every, single, darn,week. Then they will be singing a very different song.

It doesn't take a genius to figure how to make the end times fairer for everyone. It doesn't take a genius either to figure why the devs are not doing it. Save the whales.

So either put down the game and go back to your life. Or if you still like this game enough, just gotta bite the bullet. The way the devs are maintaining their wall of silence on this issue, looks like it will not be addressed before they release Devil Dino.