Unstable ISO-8 - July 18-24

Options

Comments

• Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Muspel wrote:
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    Something really needs to be done about these PVE slogs. So many hours of effort goes into them and you really don't know how well you're doing until it's over. In PVP, a fraction of the effort can get you three or four 3* and two 4*.
    Personally, I think that part of the problem is that the events drag on for so long. If they did three consecutive short events, each of which rewarded a single color cover, I think it'd be a lot more bearable.

They also need to do something to reduce the need to repeatedly grind nodes, of course. To be honest, I'm not really convinced that having competitive PvE events makes any sense.

Well I am glad they have them because im really bad at PvP and the PvE gives me a chance as a new guy to build up some covers.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats to all in our late bracket of eternal doom!
    That was one hell of a ride.
    Didn't even wipe once in the last hour, but went to town with Patchneto for the last 6 nodes or so.
    Managed a full clear, including Congo, just because I could, lol. Also because I had no idea how many points I'd need.

Now give us a PVE with **** rewards again please, so we can recuperate.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    Something really needs to be done about these PVE slogs. So many hours of effort goes into them and you really don't know how well you're doing until it's over. In PVP, a fraction of the effort can get you three or four 3* and two 4*.

I managed to keep 4th by playing a few missions throughout the final day and ended with 63.7k points. When the scaling gets so high at the end, that's the only way to guarantee points. If you wait too long on the final day, you just don't have enough time to clear several times.

I sneaked in a last clear of Congo and the one with Daken/Bullseye/Muscle plus essentials over the last two hours for 46th place. 2 covers! But normally my timezone is kitty anyway, so I keep in mind to play PVE mainly for progression rewards. Any placement is a bonus.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Every event I say this, every time it feels like talking to a wall who is laughing at me. This rubberbanding design is broken. It is NOT ok, that I can fall from #3 to #212 in the last 8 hours because of my timezone. This design is flawed, but I'm sure this will be ignored again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well that was... Entertaining? Not really, no. I grinded to #4 at 8hrs before end, went to sleep and woke up 1 hour before event end only to see I had fallen to #180ish. Tinykitty. After one hour long grinding and resorting to buy 5-pack of health (which always feels wrong) I managed to hop back to #48 just in nick of time. Less than 100 points and I would have dropped from top50. I got lucky.

Thanks to our allliance I managed to get all three covers for Carol but it was a long journey. So much unnecessary grinding every day and in the end only last few hours really mattered. If not for our alliance I would have entered during the last day to reach for Cap Marvel covers only. And in the end I had to face lvl395 Venom+Rags in Congo node which was not my idea of fun and balanced fight. But once again, I got lucky in that node. Just not my cup of tea to face such a challenge ever again. icon_neutral.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Worst event I can remember. I'd rather do a Krakadoom PvP with Doom rewards than that crud again.

7 days
    1 ranking prize
    Stupid rubberbanding
    No big ISO cache nodes
    No fun nodes (Devil Dino etc)
    Rubbish powered up roster (thank god for Shieldbro at least)

As with the UK/EU guys above, went to bed at 1am (staying up late because of MPQ), slept through my 4am alarm and woke up at 6:30 to find myself finished in 115th dropped from 15th.

Still, if I'd woken up at 4am and got the top 20 finish I should have got then it would have just papered over the issue that WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GET UP AT 4AM TO RANK IN A DECENT POSITION.
  • Jim_MatriX_cz
    Options
    same TIMEZONE problem here...

I have CEST time and event was ending at 6 AM, but I was unable to woke up.
    Ended playing at midnite placed 50th and ended 238th or somewhere-around-this-****.
    Its really desperate, boring and making me angry, that I played this f*cking event 5 days at TOP positions and during last day when I am unable to fully play because of work and night, I am without decent reward. ** Wolvie is like giving me a slap into face.
    During one of the last night and day I lost over 300 positions and even I managed to raise up from 385 to 50, grinded nodes maximaly, I fell back to over 200 during time when europian players CAN NOT play, because we are normal people who needs to sleep and have they own life.

Devs, F*CK YOU

Such events and damned rubberbanding makes us, eu players really crazy.
    I am thinking about stopping playing of the game, as PVE is **** in this way and PVP begin to be nightmire as top 25 is always only for 800+ pts, what needs at least 3 hours of consecutive play and shields.

plus we can expect now, that captain marvel will be needed in upcoming PVE, so I will be unable to compete again... F*CK!

sorry, but this is not FUN anymore...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I stop venting about timezone a long time ago.. This topic has been talked at length and with the vast majority of users in EST zone i dont see a change in the foreseeable future.. So i woke up at 4.30 am and ground my 367 Congo nodes.. Finished 22th, 50 Pts behind 20th(last fight didnt register..damn)..bracket won by a 94 player.. Oh well.. Next time i will wake up at 3.30.. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I stop venting about timezone a long time ago.. This topic has been talked at length and with the vast majority of users in EST zone i dont see a change in the foreseeable future.. So i woke up at 4.30 am and ground my 367 Congo nodes.. Finished 22th, 50 Pts behind 20th(last fight didnt register..damn)..bracket won by a 94 player.. Oh well.. Next time i will wake up at 3.30.. icon_e_confused.gif

Almost the same as me, well, since it's fairly warm in the UK recently so it was difficult to sleep. Woke up at 4am & thought to myself, I'm #24 4hrs ago, eh, might as well nap for 30mins. Half an hour later found myself #77, so I grinded to #26. Was hoping to reach #20 but barely able to surpass my previous ranking as I was mentally tired & missing perfect matches/cascade which prolonged the matches.
  • Unknown
    Options
    same TIMEZONE problem here...

I have CEST time and event was ending at 6 AM, but I was unable to woke up.
    Ended playing at midnite placed 50th and ended 238th or tinykitty.
    Its really desperate, boring and making me angry, that I played this f*cking event 5 days at TOP positions and during last day when I am unable to fully play because of work and night, I am without decent reward. ** Wolvie is like giving me a slap into face.
    During one of the last night and day I lost over 300 positions and even I managed to raise up from 385 to 50, grinded nodes maximaly, I fell back to over 200 during time when europian players CAN NOT play, because we are normal people who needs to sleep and have they own life.

Devs, F*CK YOU
    I think this summed up how I feel perfectly. I decided to try a little harder in the last day trying for at least a top 50. Finish time 7am. Again. Left the game as #1 with 59713 almost 6h before the end. All nodes grinded to 1 except the 2 most difficult nodes which gave 100 and 200. Joined today to see I finished #85 with #1 having 64700. 5k points in a little more than 6h. LOL. I had absolutely no chance. No matter what. So FU devs from me as well and have a nice day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Quite simply, if you don't play the last hour or two then you aren't going to rank well. It's absolutely ridiculous that you could (theoretically) spend the entirity of the previous 166 hours in the top 10 or thereabouts and not finish in a decent rank because you miss the last couple of hours.
  • Unknown
    Options

The 5am finish time caused a person in my main to miss out on a top 2 finish. No way am I getting up at 4.15am for a final clear and just parking myself in the top 20 - did not need a Red X-Force. If I could have been asleep at the end because top 20 was safe I would have and someone else would have made top 2.

I only do if I need more than one cover else I will either pay the 1250HP or wait for a PvP event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Quite simply, if you don't play the last hour or two then you aren't going to rank well. It's absolutely ridiculous that you could (theoretically) spend the entirity of the previous 166 hours in the top 10 or thereabouts and not finish in a decent rank because you miss the last couple of hours.

This happened to me. Spent the majority of the event top 10, fell asleep at 8 with 2 hours to go in the event, woke up 209. So glad I spent all the time/effort only to have rubberbanding totally screw me. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't understand. You guys had 6 days to figure out that no lead was insurmountable due to rubberbanding. Prior to the final 12 hours, almost everyone had an equal shot at the top prizes if you could clear the tough nodes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    cain84 wrote:
    I don't understand. You guys had 6 days to figure out that no lead was insurmountable due to rubberbanding. Prior to the final 12 hours, almost everyone had an equal shot at the top prizes if you could clear the tough nodes.
    This wasn't always the case. A month ago I left the game 5-6 hours before the end in top 4 with several nodes at 50-100 POINTS and ended 21st, only 50 points below #21. So this time I thought that since I played more and left the game as #1 with all but 2 nodes at 1, I would have better luck. I guess I should have known better. With this level of unfairness I find it silly that some are willing to pay for this ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was in the late "death bracket" and was surprised that the last 2 hours were relatively relaxed. I started at #23, and casually played nodes to get #6. I kept waiting for the expected drop, but the most I ever dropped was 5 spots which was easily recovered. The experience might have been different lower in that bracket, can anyone speak to that?

Also, I'm not convinced there wasn't some kind of sharding going on for this PVE. It seems really suspect that it took so long to fill the death bracket (was it ever filled?).
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did a clear each node change once or twice and stayed anywhere between 100 and 400 for first six days. Rode the rubberband and grinded all the nodes in the last 2 hours to finish 15th. 4 Carol covers!

**** given: 0
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was in the late "death bracket" and was surprised that the last 2 hours were relatively relaxed. I started at #23, and casually played nodes to get #6. I kept waiting for the expected drop, but the most I ever dropped was 5 spots which was easily recovered. The experience might have been different lower in that bracket, can anyone speak to that?

Also, I'm not convinced there wasn't some kind of sharding going on for this PVE. It seems really suspect that it took so long to fill the death bracket (was it ever filled?).

#7 same bracket. I sat there waiting for the last minute rush as well. Played the 100 point easy nodes just to add a little buffer just in case, but then it never came.

Why was that one considered a death bracket? Just cause it was late?
  • Unknown
    Options

+1

If you really want something — you do all of you can for obtain it. If not — continue whining on forums with same like you.

As for me ridiculously is when you kill 6 days for hard play and then cut off all your works in last hours, cuz you was too lazy for wake up on 1-2 hours earlier. Time, when PVE would be finished is not surprise and clearly visible from start.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Why was that one considered a death bracket? Just cause it was late?
    Because it had Nemek, jozier, Sauce, laoahpeh, Morgh, and a lot more other forumites in it. Thankfully not more than 20 apparently, else this could have been a LOT nastier in the last hour.