Unstable ISO-8 - July 18-24

Options
You could win an all-new character: CAPTAIN MARVEL!

Buffed:
Lazyshield
Jenny-smash-the-block
Mindsword The Magnificent
Torchling
Hawkbag
iMags

Buffed without silly names:
POWERED-UP:
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
She-Hulk (Modern)
Psylocke (Classic)
Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
Hawkeye (Modern)
Magneto (Marvel Now!)

Notable progression rewards
2k token
6k HP
8k token
10k iMags purple
15k HP
20k Lazyshield Red
30k HP
40k Lazyshield Blue

Single player
1-2 below plus add XF Red
3-20 I look Mar-Vell-ous! Black, Red, Yellow
21-50 R/Y
51-200 Y
201-500 Wolvie Green
501-1000 Despondency

Alliance
1-100 Cap'n Mar-Vell-ous, Black

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The cover art looks pretty awesome.
  • Unknown
    Options
    so, are there any subs? or only main event?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Only main events, which will be changed out roughly once a day.

Let's just say that Unstable ISO is one of the least-favorite PVEs out there next to Heroic ones and leave it at that.

On the plus side, a red LazyCap is a big boon to me. I need to respec mine to 3-5-5.
  • Unknown
    Options
    When do each of the nodes change? ANd what is the refresh rate on nodes? I wanna aim and get those 20K and 40K progression rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    40k progression on a 7 day event does not seem too bad. I am guessing low rubberbanding so major grinding will be needed for top 20.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A quick back of the envelope calculation is a clear every 2h 24 minutes nets you about 1K points so need 40 clears meaning unless point values increase you need to enter in the next 2.5 days.

With the max reward at only at 40K I cannot see there being much rubber banding in this one. I guess would be there is none.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    With the max reward at only at 40K I cannot see there being much rubber banding in this one. I guess would be there is none.

Well there IS rubber banding on ALL nodes so basically you can join whenever you want to get 40K everyone will be able to get that score.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Assuming they didn't change the structure to add subs, the rubberband can only be based on the main nodes so you can probably just join the last day and still pick up 40K points assuming the overall leader is over that.

I wonder if it's feasible to just wait until the last day to join. It is a solid strategy based on event mechanics but it'd fail miserably if everyone else is thinking the same thing. So maybe join 2 days before the event ends to avoid all the guys that are attempting to join the last day?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And what if they turn the rubberband off in the last batch of nodes? Similar to the end of that recent event when lazy Daken appeared as opponent.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    And what if they turn the rubberband off in the last batch of nodes? Similar to the end of that recent event when lazy Daken appeared as opponent.

Well I am not worried about covers, Steve Rogers is maxed out in them, whats more in question is How to get top 20 with the minimum amount of effort.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Please update your post with proper names for people who genuinely want information about this event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Kolence wrote:

Well I am not worried about covers, Steve Rogers is maxed out in them, whats more in question is How to get top 20 with the minimum amount of effort.

Without accounting for any change to the format that nobody could possibly know about, the only factor that determines placement in this event is whether you avoided all the other crazies. I think it's safe to assume you don't want to join right away, and I don't think joining at the last day is a good idea too because everyone is likely thinking the same thing. So the question of which of the days between first and last day should you join?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Kolence wrote:

Without accounting for any change to the format that nobody could possibly know about, the only factor that determines placement in this event is whether you avoided all the other crazies. I think it's safe to assume you don't want to join right away, and I don't think joining at the last day is a good idea too because everyone is likely thinking the same thing. So the question of which of the days between first and last day should you join?

so we are assuming rubberband? The loss of joining late would just be ISO and Boosts?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Kolence wrote:

so we are assuming rubberband? The loss of joining late would just be ISO and Boosts?

Based on last time this event was done, there is only one main event and every node rubberbands off the overall leader. Therefore there is no advantage to joining early other than the node rewards and one day is more than sufficient to get enough points to hit whatever progression reward you need if the main leader has been on pace (and if not it wouldn't matter when you joined either), and the placement reward depends only on how strong your competitors are.

If one is paranoid about any unforseen changes then it'd be best to join early, but probably not on the first day which is still the most reliable way to pick up a lot of other crazies in your bracket. If it's the exact format as before, clearing the nodes once per day is more than sufficient to keep pace as long as you do the obligatory extra effort last day clear.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Please update your post with proper names for people who genuinely want information about this event.
    You're being Squidward but someone actually needs to, so kudos. I mistook Mindsword the Magnificent for MMN for a sec. iMags is amusing though.
    Buffing MMN and not buffing cStorm is cruel, but at least Captain likes MMN, too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

You beat me to that comment. I was about to post the same thing. These names are confusing me.

And thank you TC for posting an update with the proper names.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Too bad half the buffs are on my "do not iso up under any condition" list.

I mean you, m hawkeye, shehulk, and 2* torch.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I maxed MMN and mHawkeye back when I was waiting with 200k ISO for the last 3 Daken covers to max him; made sense to max MMN since I love running him with cStorm in PvE, but mHawkeye? I felt like an Insanity wolf! Blame not having anyone else to work on that would not eat all the ISO reserve.
    Teams I will run: Psylocke/Daken/Ares, IM 40/mHawkeye/Hood, IM 40/Cap/Hood, cStorm/MMN/Hood... Yeah I love me some Hood...
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is going to be rough event for me. I only have mnMags at max. Steve Rogers and Psylocke can only reach a soft cap of 89 and 76 respectively. I only have 1 cover for She-Hulk and Johnny.

Which leaves mHawkeye... icon_neutral.gif

[edit]Oh, wait no restricted roster! Suck it mHawkeye! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    This was the first event with the one map random node changes right? I'll join with 1 day left probably to get a couple covers probably.

Edit: Post 1k apparently... Hoorah.