Unstable ISO-8 - July 18-24

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    bahukma wrote:
    Just joined and tops in my bracket are above 50k. Bowgentle and Laohpeh are up there.
    ****, ****, ****.

is the "death" bracket already full? i dont wanna end up there also icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm at the point with this event where as long as I finish top 50 and, assuming my alliance doesn't completely self-destruct down the stretch, get one of each cover I'll probably be satisfied. Obviously top 20 for the extra cover would be better, but I haven't invested enough to be too broken up if I miss it. Once again I feel for the grinders. They helped a lot of lazy bastards get the progression rewards, but man are they taking one for the team. And some of those unfortunate souls are going to miss the finish and get a bad placement. This whole system is so jacked up, and this event just seems to emphasize every flaw.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The thing that sucks about this event is that how you finish is going to depend on how quickly you clear the nodes at the end. That, in turn, is going to mainly be dependent on whether you have level 395 versus level 250 opponents. Simply as a practical matter, it takes more time to beat enemies with 15k hp than it does to beat enemies with 10k hp.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    I'm at the point with this event where as long as I finish top 50 and, assuming my alliance doesn't completely self-destruct down the stretch, get one of each cover I'll probably be satisfied. Obviously top 20 for the extra cover would be better, but I haven't invested enough to be too broken up if I miss it. Once again I feel for the grinders. They helped a lot of lazy bastards get the progression rewards, but man are they taking one for the team. And some of those unfortunate souls are going to miss the finish and get a bad placement. This whole system is so jacked up, and this event just seems to emphasize every flaw.

That's a reason why no one likes the Unstable Iso / Red Iso event.

No subs means that it is a bunch of monotonous grinding for the progression rewards and praying you end up with a high enough finish.

Subs giving out Iso and packs at least hold out the possibility of seeing a glint of gold from a token.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sietlas wrote:
    bahukma wrote:
    Just joined and tops in my bracket are above 50k. Bowgentle and Laohpeh are up there.
    ****, ****, ****.

is the "death" bracket already full? i dont wanna end up there also icon_e_sad.gif
    It's at 560 players atm ;-P
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Once again, mad props to Sumilea for figuring out everything PVE related, and sharing it so openly with the whole community. That's both helpful and benevolent, two things this forum can't have enough of.

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Now on with this mad rubberband show!

Agreed! Many thanks! Because of Sumilea, a newbie like me at least knows what's going on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Any advice on a good team for that Venom / Ragnarok / Muscle node? Level 160+ for me, and I don't even have any maxed 3*s, and lCap is only 90 or so (pre-boost) and with only red maxed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This event isn't going to boil down to speed because there are only 2 very hard and high point missions and you can still clear them 5 times each in 90 minutes (or die trying) quite easily. Daken + Falcon + whoever (Magneto or Punisher probably best) will absolutely tear up the all goon only fights, and Captain America can more than pull his weight on the reduced level essential nodes. This event will likely be decided by how many times you can clear the Daken+Bullseye and Rag+Venom nodes without getting wiped out in the last 2 hours when scaling is going to be at the highest.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    Any advice on a good team for that Venom / Ragnarok / Muscle node? Level 160+ for me, and I don't even have any maxed 3*s, and lCap is only 90 or so (pre-boost) and with only red maxed.

Captain with 5 red does more than enough damage, but you'll need someone who can remove the special tiles since a single Threaten will likely end the game very quickly. I use Falcon or Magneto to deal with CDs but I'm guessing you don't have those maxed. OBW is workable as a CD remover and can also help you steal enough AP for Captain America to remove them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I will probably open myself as a hired gun for the end of this pve. 30k after 2 refreshes and a couple more to go, should be able to pull 50k+ easily.

Only kink is I may be getting a walk through of my new condo in an hour maybe so yeah. Ill post later tonight if anyone wants me for a bit.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kalirion wrote:

Thor, OBW, Mstorm.

Prioritize getting 2 red matches, and then start matching blues. You can generate a good amount of mana and start stealing theirs while building to multiple Thor Thunder and Calls. And in addition to gathering forest, storm can eventually cover the board in attack tiles, possibly locking out any goon tiles.

It's a bit tedious, but it's gotten me through any forest boards with ugly high levels. It's especially potent against the goons only fights in the forest.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    B.S. rubber banding. *grumble*.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    This event isn't going to boil down to speed because there are only 2 very hard and high point missions and you can still clear them 5 times each in 90 minutes (or die trying) quite easily. Daken + Falcon + whoever (Magneto or Punisher probably best) will absolutely tear up the all goon only fights, and Captain America can more than pull his weight on the reduced level essential nodes. This event will likely be decided by how many times you can clear the Daken+Bullseye and Rag+Venom nodes without getting wiped out in the last 2 hours when scaling is going to be at the highest.

My 3* Mags wait in the wings just to show how OP 5Blue is. I just got a perfect storm with the other mags on Stolen Stash. Tommy gun got all people below half bye bye other team!
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Thor, OBW, Mstorm. Prioritize getting 2 red matches, and then start matching blues. You can generate a good amount of mana and start stealing theirs while building to multiple Thor Thunder and Calls. And in addition to gathering forest, storm can eventually cover the board in attack tiles, possibly locking out any goon tiles. It's a bit tedious, but it's gotten me through any forest boards with ugly high levels. It's especially potent against the goons only fights in the forest.
    I prefer CMags to OBW in that team, of course that requires a CMags with 4-5 blue covers which I understand not everyone has access to. However, even an underleveled CMags with blue covers still might be worth using for the control it can give you. In addition, if you're really struggling you might want to use some red boosts. Two red/yellow AP boosts can get you into that first Storm Mistress of the Elements after just one red match and can really put you ahead. Once you can cash in the jungle enviro special everything else starts rolling.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well I guess I see you all later for the final two clears. Currently sat with no rubber band scaling just where I want to be this time out from the end.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The thing that sucks about this event is that how you finish is going to depend on how quickly you clear the nodes at the end. That, in turn, is going to mainly be dependent on whether you have level 395 versus level 250 opponents. Simply as a practical matter, it takes more time to beat enemies with 15k hp than it does to beat enemies with 10k hp.
    That congo node I have at 335/336 and they have 20.3k life each (their hp is almost all identical which I find kind of funny). I would love to be able to skip it cause it takes way too long to whittle down all that hp. Might have to bring Pun with my LT/mstorm package just to take out that last 8k for each guy.

edit: 3:36 PM PST, 5.5 hours til the end roughly, and 113 is 1048580. Alliance scores are really packed in, hard to tell what it will take for top 100 at this point.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I've worked pretty hard in this event because I really like the Steve Rogers Captain. Because of that, I earned all the blue covers i was missing and can now max him out. However, I'm probably screwed on getting the new character Captain Marvel. I keep struggling to stay below 100 and that's just absurd to me! But as a consolation prize to myself, I'm going to get drunk for the last hours of this event down at the Brewfest here in Portland! Screw you rubberbanding...i'm going drinking!
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just as an FYI, I can see position 101 for Alliances and they are sitting at 1054765. We're climbing but this is crazy. I wish I was in Portland for the Brewfest icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Thor, OBW, Mstorm. Prioritize getting 2 red matches, and then start matching blues. You can generate a good amount of mana and start stealing theirs while building to multiple Thor Thunder and Calls. And in addition to gathering forest, storm can eventually cover the board in attack tiles, possibly locking out any goon tiles. It's a bit tedious, but it's gotten me through any forest boards with ugly high levels. It's especially potent against the goons only fights in the forest.
    I prefer CMags to OBW in that team, of course that requires a CMags with 4-5 blue covers which I understand not everyone has access to. However, even an underleveled CMags with blue covers still might be worth using for the control it can give you. In addition, if you're really struggling you might want to use some red boosts. Two red/yellow AP boosts can get you into that first Storm Mistress of the Elements after just one red match and can really put you ahead. Once you can cash in the jungle enviro special everything else starts rolling.

I just tried the node against 3*180s with my max LThor, 50 mstorm, and 78 cmags. I boosted +2 red/yellow, and the opponent got a grand total of 7 moves without a single CD going off. Much appreciated icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    So, this morning, my Congo was 228/229/229. 12 hours later, it's now 323/324/324. ~100 level increase in 12 hours... seriously? I haven't even attempted Congo today, let alone cleared it, and I've only done 1 partial clear (goon nodes + Cap essentials) in that whole time.

Thanks community scaling, you rock!