Unstable ISO-8 - July 18-24

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I started the event this morning with 1st place at ~57K points. I now sit in 24th place with 58K and the top 10 is only 2-5K in front of me after approximately 13 hours. I'm glad it's working out for me in this case, but this crazy rubberbanding is really unfair to those who started the event as soon as it started
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Jjosh wrote:
    I started the event this morning with 1st place at ~57K points. I now sit in 24th place with 58K and the top 10 is only 2-5K in front of me after approximately 13 hours. I'm glad it's working out for me in this case, but this crazy rubberbanding is really unfair to those who started the event as soon as it started

Pfft, you're clearly in the easy bracket. I have 59K and am sitting at 136th.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not "easy" - the word you are looking for is "late"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Playing intermittently today kept me around 20th. Started my last clear in 23rd with about 60 minutes to go. Just a few nodes got me up to top 10. Called it quits in 4th about 400 points from 1st. Could probably take it, but it's a hassle for not much of a prize increase. Since I was using different teams (and all of those 30 stockpiled boosts) I only ended up using one of the eight health packs I had. I almost feel like I let my daily reward down.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Since that bracket was open for over a day when I joined and its still not full with 661 players I will take my 26th placement. Need another 1k for 20th but whatever.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Joined a few days ago. That was a mistake.

Been playing my **** off and had been managing to hover around the top 20, but can't crack back into it. Competition is crazy. Top score 64k and the top however many is absolutely packed. My usable roster is wiped out and I had to use some health packs.

Looks like I'll scrape in a top 50. Just.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Congrats to everyone else in the late-start hell bracket, even joining with less than a day left, that scaling went nuts quickly.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finished my last mission about 8 seconds too late... Would've nabbed the #2 spot from EvilSomGoku.
    Oh well. I'll never put ISO into 4* Wolverine. Bring on the. Ms Marvel.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Apparently everyone in my bracket decided to make a major late game push for rubberbanding. I'd play a match for 1000+ points and only move up ten to twenty spots. Then I'd take a minute to get a drink of water and drop fifty spots. It was brutal.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    It's finally done icon_e_biggrin.gif

I still hate this last hour sprint - it's ridiculous. At least I managed to hold onto a top 50 spot.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well got second spot without too any problems on just under 65K. Hopefully next PvE will have some junk covers and I will totally give it a miss.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Not "easy" - the word you are looking for is "late"

nope easy, cause i started with less that 3 hours left, i got into your bracket with bowgentle.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    icon_e_confused.gif This was a nasty even with crazy level goons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    aww, alliance got 2nd by 23 points and i finished a match seconds after teh deadline. Still great job guys, cant believe we hit top 2 without it being our goal at start of event!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    In this case, has starting so late been of benefit or no?

How late is too late?

Lessons for the future?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Vairelome wrote:
    Congrats to everyone else in the late-start hell bracket, even joining with less than a day left, that scaling went nuts quickly.

Yeah it did. I've never been wiped at the end of a PvE as much as I did tonight. Thankfully, it seemed like most others had similar problems.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad I didn't have the late non-slacker bracket. I didn't even use of all my medpacks to stay top 20 icon_e_biggrin.gif (did use a lot of boosts though)
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I'm glad I didn't have the late non-slacker bracket. I didn't even use of all my medpacks to stay top 20 icon_e_biggrin.gif (did use a lot of boosts though)
    I somehow managed to get through the last scramble only using one medpack - I just got crazy lucky with Patchneto or managed to get hefty protect tiles out with Cap early.

It was just a pity all my nodes were worth ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That was savage. Two hours of hammering this event down the stretch, managed 2nd place. Alliance dropped like a stone but held top 100, barely. I'm so glad that's over. My head hurts.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    That was a lot of work for 1 3* cover. > . <

what a joke on me. Starting to hate this game