The Hunt

Options

Comments

• i'll tell u in 2 hours
  • forgrim wrote:
    i'll tell u in 2 hours

Are scores refreshing in 2 hours like the IW tournament?
  • Why would they delink them? Did anyone think that having them linked was a downgrade from last tournament? Are we supposed to be grinding them all?

Edit: Thinking about all the grinding is already making me exhausted.
  • Why would they delink them? Did anyone think that having them linked was a downgrade from last tournament? Are we supposed to be grinding them all?

I thought that was a change that made sense, except for requiring IW (and not giving a freebie version).
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Why would they delink them? Did anyone think that having them linked was a downgrade from last tournament? Are we supposed to be grinding them all?

Having them linked WAS a downgrade, but one that everyone had the same. If they are linked, why run the more difficult one?

I have to admit, the constant changes mid stream are aggravating. Wait til between rounds/events and allow a respec/swap system!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    So I wonder if we should be playing all three sub-events now...?
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Having them linked WAS a downgrade, but one that everyone had the same. If they are linked, why run the more difficult one?

Because initially it appeared they shared stacks but had different point values. The harder one was worth more. So you had to choose between doing the easier one for fewer points or the harder one for more. Somebody on the forum actually suggested that a few days ago (Ranzera, maybe?). Again, I liked that idea other than requiring IW (and I have her, just don't think that's especially fair to those that don't)
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

Because initially it appeared they shared stacks but had different point values. The harder one was worth more. So you had to choose between doing the easier one for fewer points or the harder one for more. Somebody on the forum actually suggested that a few days ago (Ranzera, maybe?). Again, I liked that idea other than requiring IW (and I have her, just don't think that's especially fair to those that don't)

Hmm, for quite a while mine were the same point total and fluctuated together (that was what I didnt like). I think it was the case after I exhausted them completely the first time around through the recent update.
  • Misguided wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

I think it was sooty icon_e_smile.gif
  • Just finished a run through the Savage Land. Difficulty sems to have dropped off a little, no invisible Woman and the last mission is quite simply awesome! Well done guys.
  • Is it possible that they appeared linked before only because there was a smaller pool of points in the rubberbanding? Completing a mission adjusted your rank/score as a percentage more so then than it does now? So maybe they had separate stacks both before and now, but now completing one has less effect on the rubberbanded score of the other?
  • Just reached the end of The Hunt: Savage Land and AHAHAHAHAHA. Five freakin' stars.
  • This event makes me wish we had the functionality to see all standings in our bracket, not just the top 10 and the 10 nearest. I'd like to see how certain people are ranked in the main event, so I would know how likely they are to overtake me in a sub-event due to rubberbanding.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this rubberbanding is really putting me off, not sure if I'll even bother grinding at this rate
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Love the ending of this. I really enjoyed using the mystery guest to finish Venom off.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Hmm, for quite a while mine were the same point total and fluctuated together (that was what I didnt like). I think it was the case after I exhausted them completely the first time around through the recent update.

Yup, it keeps changing with the updates.
  • Still haven't joined..might tonight. What do the point totals look like so far? How easy will it be getting to the 30k red ironman seemingly?
  • Still haven't joined..might tonight. What do the point totals look like so far? How easy will it be getting to the 30k red ironman seemingly?

Tough to say with the rubberbanding. Top 10 in my bracket is in the 4500-4800 range currently.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Still haven't joined..might tonight. What do the point totals look like so far? How easy will it be getting to the 30k red ironman seemingly?

Tough to say with the rubberbanding. Top 10 in my bracket is in the 4500-4800 range currently.

Mmm...4500 in a little over 1 day out of 10. Simply math would indicate a final value of 45000 but as you said, rubberbanding both helps ppl ccatch up but also holds the top ranks back.... I was either going to start today few hrs after double event ends or Sunday night. Losing 15k for 3 missing days, that simple math says 30k....so...I think I will start today instead. Thanks for the info. I'd rather get 1-2 publishers and the ironman in a harder bracket than risk missing the ironman and still possibly/probably only get the 2nd tier.

...BUT DAT BLACK PUNISHUUUUUUR

EDIT: really autocorrect... Publishers? You turn punishers into publishers?
  • Love the ending of this. I really enjoyed using the mystery guest to finish Venom off.

I want this character badly in my covers stash