The Hunt

Options

Comments

• The brackets for the different parts are clearly separate. The only thing I can figure is that for some reason, a significant number of people are starting the main Hunt, but not going to Alaska right away, so that bracket is filling more slowly. The sub-sections also don't unlock at the same time for everyone. I think it must depend on when you joined the main hunt. So when you join Alaska or Florida, others may have been there a while.
  • Misguided wrote:
    The brackets for the different parts are clearly separate. The only thing I can figure is that for some reason, a significant number of people are starting the main Hunt, but not going to Alaska right away, so that bracket is filling more slowly. The sub-sections also don't unlock at the same time for everyone. I think it must depend on when you joined the main hunt. So when you join Alaska or Florida, others may have been there a while.

I thought they were on set timers, since they started right at 8am, not 7.54 or 8.04 like they would if they were triggerd by something I unlocked. And I joined main Hunt just as it opened so Florida should have unlocked at the same time for me as the others
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    So the last two stages in The Hunt - Alaska are:

Lingering Problems (Impossible: Pyro, Daken, Lieutenant) :- Requires Black Widow Grey Suit
    Last of 'em (Impossible: Yelena, Daken, Venom) :- Requires Invisible Woman

To complete both you need Widow and Woman as mentioned, but I don't have either of them so can't start these missions.

However, The Hunt - Florida, Back at the Lab (Impossible: Ragnorak, Bullseye) requires Widow Grey Suit and she's added to my squad (I have IM40), so why isn't Widow Grey added to Hunt Alaska for Lingering mission????

What am I not understanding icon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gif
  • I really don't understand the sub brackets...I joined a alaska one and getting my 20 points here and there and there are people that seem to get 300 per mission and are 3000 points ahead
  • Spoit wrote:
    Got to 1100 in the double shot competition, and wanted to knock off some of these missions in case it reset while I slept. Got into the zzzWolph bracket. Again. I swear, it's like he's stalking me (or more likely, I'm stalking him)

Stop following me plz icon_e_sad.gif
  • Yeah something doesn't seem right with Alaska at all - just joined a bracket and did all of the missions once, which netted me around 300 points, and there are people at the top with well over 3000?
  • Nick-Fury wrote:
    Yeah something doesn't seem right with Alaska at all - just joined a bracket and did all of the missions once, which netted me around 300 points, and there are people at the top with well over 3000?

Yeah, i finished all the missions and beat all of the repeatables until they offered 0 pts, ended up at around 1200 pts, with the top few in my bracket at 3k+. I wish they just kept the originally pt system without this silly "rubberbanding" effect.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Nick-Fury wrote:
    Yeah something doesn't seem right with Alaska at all - just joined a bracket and did all of the missions once, which netted me around 300 points, and there are people at the top with well over 3000?

Yeah, i finished all the missions and beat all of the repeatables until they offered 0 pts, ended up at around 1200 pts, with the top few in my bracket at 3k+. I wish they just kept the originally pt system without this silly "rubberbanding" effect.

I really don't understand this game sometimes. How could people in Florida have similar points to the number of people in my main event?

Are these people on the forum? What the heck happened? Was there some ridiculous repeatable out there?
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Nick-Fury wrote:

Just experienced this for florida. It'll probably bounce up for me when the missions 'reset' in points though.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Most likely they did not do Alaska, so they had massive rubberbanding points for Florida. These points did not diminish for them because they were so far behind already.
  • Bainee wrote:
    Most likely they did not do Alaska, so they had massive rubberbanding points for Florida. These points did not diminish for them because they were so far behind already.

It makes sense. I spent all my rubberbanding good will on Alaska already and ended up #1 all of a sudden with 0 effort. I guess it's better this way, to save all the rubberbanding for one sub-mission to get the hero points there with least effort.
  • I really don't understand the rubberbanding this time. How much are the repeatables worth for all of you? For me it's around 30-40 for the easier ones and around 100 for the hard one. With all this I will never be able to get the top spots in a sub hunt, doesn't matter how I join them
  • Bainee
    Options
    Mommson wrote:
    I really don't understand the rubberbanding this time. How much are the repeatables worth for all of you? For me it's around 30-40 for the easier ones and around 100 for the hard one. With all this I will never be able to get the top spots in a sub hunt, doesn't matter how I join them

My prediction is that you will only have a shot to rank high in one of the active sub-missions, not all of them.
  • Bainee wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    I really don't understand the rubberbanding this time. How much are the repeatables worth for all of you? For me it's around 30-40 for the easier ones and around 100 for the hard one. With all this I will never be able to get the top spots in a sub hunt, doesn't matter how I join them

My prediction is that you will only have a shot to rank high in one of the active sub-missions, not all of them.

Ok, but why? I really don't see a chance even for one of them (and I'm 3th in my main bracket currently)
  • What is the bracket size for the sub missions?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    cepage wrote:
    What is the bracket size for the sub missions?

• Thousands of points behind on the Florida missions and only netting 30 or so my first go around. Amazing how I am so far behind there yet #2 in my bracket for the Punisher covers.
  • Mommson wrote:
    Bainee wrote:
    Mommson wrote:

Ok, but why? I really don't see a chance even for one of them (and I'm 3th in my main bracket currently)

Because you're 3rd in the main bracket. Rubberbanding is tied to the overall score. If you are high in main, you won't score as many points in sub as someone who is way behind in main.
  • Bainee
    Options
    Mommson wrote:
    Bainee wrote:
    Mommson wrote:

Because new people are starting the overall event, and getting into your bracket for the sub-missions. This causes them to get massive rubberbanding points until they catch up in the overall event. They will be able to score many more points than you will be able to in any single submission.

I doubt that anyone who started right away and doing well in the overall event will take top 2 in a submission.
  • Bainee wrote:

That sounds right by what I am seeing.