The Hunt

Options

Comments

• Bainee wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    Bainee wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    I really don't understand the rubberbanding this time. How much are the repeatables worth for all of you? For me it's around 30-40 for the easier ones and around 100 for the hard one. With all this I will never be able to get the top spots in a sub hunt, doesn't matter how I join them

My prediction is that you will only have a shot to rank high in one of the active sub-missions, not all of them.

Ok, but why? I really don't see a chance even for one of them (and I'm 3th in my main bracket currently)

Because new people are starting the overall event, and getting into your bracket for the sub-missions. This causes them to get massive rubberbanding points until they catch up in the overall event. They will be able to score many more points than you will be able to in any single submission.

I doubt that anyone who started right away and doing well in the overall event will take top 2 in a submission.

To add onto what Bainee is saying. Rubberbanding is shared between submissions. Which means if you rubberband up in one, you're not going to be able to rubberband up in another. So decide how you want to split the points basically.
  • Sounds like with how the rubberbanding is working you can still get top in the Hunt without IW.
  • so i still haven't started this thing but i am curious, what are these sub tournament things? do they have their own reward list? is it the same as the one that is viewable for the hunt?
  • The sub tourneys are individual tournaments that pop up after you complete certain missions on the main mission. These sub tourneys have their own prizes (no progression rewards) and their own start/end times. They are not the same as the viewable for the hunt but they contribute towards your score in the hunt.
  • so i still haven't started this thing but i am curious, what are these sub tournament things? do they have their own reward list? is it the same as the one that is viewable for the hunt?
    yes they have their own rewards system...rank 400 and up get a Heroic token, and as u go up u get more Iso/HP...rank 1-2 get 500 HP, rank 3-10 get 100HP, rank 11-50 get 50HP

P.s. im pretty sure i attacked u a bunch of times during a lighting round when we were both top 20 or something...sorry about that
  • Sooty wrote:
    Bainee wrote:
    Because new people are starting the overall event, and getting into your bracket for the sub-missions. This causes them to get massive rubberbanding points until they catch up in the overall event. They will be able to score many more points than you will be able to in any single submission.

I doubt that anyone who started right away and doing well in the overall event will take top 2 in a submission.

To add onto what Bainee is saying. Rubberbanding is shared between submissions. Which means if you rubberband up in one, you're not going to be able to rubberband up in another. So decide how you want to split the points basically.

I really don't think thats all. I mean I have only 1700 points in total and the top people in my sub bracket have over 4000. Should rubberbanding not support myself also? It should be tied to all brackets but it seems only to be tight to my bracket alone and so I'm getting a lot less points
  • Dziactor wrote:
    Sounds like with how the rubberbanding is working you can still get top in the Hunt without IW.

It doesn't even make sense to farm the IW quest. All repeatables share rubberbanding. You can easily get your rubberbanding points out of grinding the easiest fight.
  • Mommson wrote:
    Sooty wrote:
    Bainee wrote:

I really don't think thats all. I mean I have only 1700 points in total and the top people in my sub bracket have over 4000. Should rubberbanding not support myself also? It should be tied to all brackets but it seems only to be tight to my bracket alone and so I'm getting a lot less points

The rubberbanding takes time to kick in - only on a refresh as far as I can tell. If you're low enough you'll eventually see repeatables going for up to 200 points, which is what I saw at one point.
  • And I really would like to hear from someone here at the forum who is actually in a top position in a sub bracket and how he/she has done it. Perhaps that will make it clearer icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sooty wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    Sooty wrote:
    Bainee wrote:

The rubberbanding is always in effect, it is just based on the overall event and the submissions don't seem to have any affect on the points for that sub-mission.

The rubberbanding takes time to kick in - only on a refresh as far as I can tell. If you're low enough you'll eventually see repeatables going for up to 200 points, which is what I saw at one point.
  • Sooty wrote:
    Dziactor wrote:
    Sounds like with how the rubberbanding is working you can still get top in the Hunt without IW.

It doesn't even make sense to farm the IW quest. All repeatables share rubberbanding. You can easily get your rubberbanding points out of grinding the easiest fight.

Last night that mission was worth more than the other two, but mow all three are the same for me, so yeah.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Sooty wrote:
    Dziactor wrote:

Last night that mission was worth more than the other two, but mow all three are the same for me, so yeah.

Yeah, when I first did the missions, they all seemed separate. Now, I get the same amount of points some 90% of the time. The other 10% are probably display errors...
  • the rubberbanding for the main mission is perfect right now it seems, no one very far ahead, top 100 is 500 points of each other. i woke up being rank 150 and then did 10 repeatables and now i'm at 30ish. gonna wait for a reset then do it again.

this time, waiting seems counterproductive due to all the rewards you miss out on this subevents reset and new missions pop up. if ur only aiming for punisher and nothing else tho, i guess trying to find the easiest bracket by waiting super long would be the best bet and pray someone else wasn't doing the same thing
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Mommson wrote:
    And I really would like to hear from someone here at the forum who is actually in a top position in a sub bracket and how he/she has done it. Perhaps that will make it clearer icon_e_smile.gif

Im either #1 or #2 in my Alaska bracket (with Nemek) and I just started it an hour after it came out. The points were good for each mission and I finished all (even 3x 230s) before Florida opened for me. I ran through Florida as well but couldnt get anywhere in there (Im like top 300 with <15 pts per repeat) as Im 2k behind. That has put me top 5 in the overall.
  • Mommson wrote:
    And I really would like to hear from someone here at the forum who is actually in a top position in a sub bracket and how he/she has done it. Perhaps that will make it clearer icon_e_smile.gif

I joined and played the very first mission right as the event started. I then didn't play a mission until this morning. When I started playing this morning, my first mission was worth 509. I've now played through 9 of the 11 Alaska missions, I'm in 2'nd by a hair with 3449. Now I don't know if I've "wasted" my rubber banding on Alaska... I'm still not positive how that works lol, so I'm holding off on completing the rest until I can figure that out.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    So uh... Iron Man just said "Cool story, bro." to Bullseye.

Whaaat? What meme's next?

"You almost had us cornered, Ragnarok... until the fire nation attacked."

"What a--"

"HAWKEYE, BLAST ARROW QUICK!"

I say go old school -

"Bullseye and Ragnarok are getting away!"

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
  • Mommson wrote:

When there was only one sub-bracket it was easy to get in the top tiers. Now that there are multiple bases, it complicates things.

1. Points from all sub=brackets count towards your main bracket.
    2. Main bracket seems to be what the rubberbanding is tied to for this event.

Since the main bracket is the bottleneck for point values, grinding multiple subs to try and break the top tiers will work against you. From what I can see, it looks like the best possible result is to grind for the sub with the weakest sub-bracket to win Big Pun from the main and the HP+ISO+token from 1 sub. I plan to pick the base that looks the softest bracket-wise and when points start to rise I'll focus there ensuring I get higher on that board, grinding other bases only enough to ensure I stay in token range for those.

Also, ending times are a consideration, so I don't see myself fighting for Alaska when I can defend my top 2 spot in the Double Shot instead. Will see how tough the Savage bracket looks and then focus on that or Florida.
  • Twanbon wrote:
    Mommson wrote:

I joined and played the very first mission right as the event started. I then didn't play a mission until this morning. When I started playing this morning, my first mission was worth 509. I've now played through 9 of the 11 Alaska missions, I'm in 2'nd by a hair with 3449. Now I don't know if I've "wasted" my rubber banding on Alaska... I'm still not positive how that works lol, so I'm holding off on completing the rest until I can figure that out.

this also means u probably didn't do florida missions because from what i can tell they are connected so u'd reset ur 'rubberbanding' if u did the florida missions (i think)
  • Kelbris wrote:
    So uh... Iron Man just said "Cool story, bro." to Bullseye.

Whaaat? What meme's next?

"You almost had us cornered, Ragnarok... until the fire nation attacked."

"What a--"

"HAWKEYE, BLAST ARROW QUICK!"

"HAWKEYE, BLAST ARROW TO THE KNEE!"

Fixed that for you icon_e_smile.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Mommson wrote:
    I plan to pick the base that looks the softest bracket-wise and when points start to rise I'll focus there ensuring I get higher on that board, grinding other bases only enough to ensure I stay in token range for those.

This, but Im debating even trying to stay within token range (Im assuming you mean Heroic). I was #1 in my Alaska, then stopped to run Florida to get to HToken range. That means Im a couple hundred points down in Alsaka with very little way (for now) to catch up. Stinking Nemek! icon_e_biggrin.gif