The Hunt

Options

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    I plan to pick the base that looks the softest bracket-wise and when points start to rise I'll focus there ensuring I get higher on that board, grinding other bases only enough to ensure I stay in token range for those.

This, but Im debating even trying to stay within token range (Im assuming you mean Heroic). I was #1 in my Alaska, then stopped to run Florida to get to HToken range. That means Im a couple hundred points down in Alsaka with very little way (for now) to catch up. Stinking Nemek! icon_e_biggrin.gif

icon_e_surprised.gif

It'll be interesting to see how things work out. I think you and I are on a different 'schedule', so it might very well depend on who is able to get full points closest to the end.

I've done exactly one mission in Florida and am ranked 1000, it's kind of depressing to see.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    I think you and I are on a different 'schedule

I am on the "play every two hours, even during the night" schedule. How about you? What does sleep feel like? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • after what iceix posted about punishers being doled out after the tournament iron mk40 style, i'm not going to do the 2 hour schedule. lol
  • forgrim wrote:
    after what iceix posted about punishers being doled out after the tournament iron mk40 style, i'm not going to do the 2 hour schedule. lol

I don't think he said that... I think it was someone hoping he would be. But please, oh please, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • by IceIX » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Aeros wrote:
    The limited nature of these covers right now may be due to the fact that these events specifically mentioned that we had a way to win these characters *before* they were released. IceX, does this mean that these covers will reach a wider audience in the near future? Might they have events similiar to the IM mk 40 event that "spread the wealth" so to speak to those of us who did not win him during the early release event?

Exactly correct, that's how we've released all new characters so far. They're released as prizes for a given Event or Tourney, then a little bit afterwards we start doling them out in wider swaths. We have no intention of making a character exclusive to a couple hundred players that win a Tournament. While that'd be a cool exclusive prize, that's a ton of work to put into something only a small fraction of the player base would *ever* see.
  • Nemek
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    after what iceix posted about punishers being doled out after the tournament iron mk40 style, i'm not going to do the 2 hour schedule. lol

I'm thinking the same - I don't know why I'm even playing this very much. The mission rewards are probably going to be good enough for me. I could probably take it easy and get top 50 just fine with the rubberbanding and a couple playthroughs during the last day. (I couldn't play most of the last PvE event, and rubberbanded my way up tons of points during the last day.)
  • Nemek
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    by IceIX » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Aeros wrote:
    The limited nature of these covers right now may be due to the fact that these events specifically mentioned that we had a way to win these characters *before* they were released. IceX, does this mean that these covers will reach a wider audience in the near future? Might they have events similiar to the IM mk 40 event that "spread the wealth" so to speak to those of us who did not win him during the early release event?

Exactly correct, that's how we've released all new characters so far. They're released as prizes for a given Event or Tourney, then a little bit afterwards we start doling them out in wider swaths. We have no intention of making a character exclusive to a couple hundred players that win a Tournament. While that'd be a cool exclusive prize, that's a ton of work to put into something only a small fraction of the player base would *ever* see.

I've thrown away tons of IM40 covers, so I'm hoping this is true. I'd have to amass a gazillion ISO before he's super viable in tournaments, anyway. (I say that now, but we'll see some 300% buff this weekend or something.)
  • MarvelMan
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    I don't know why I'm even playing this very much.

Addiction. Feel the burn.
  • Nemek wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

I'm thinking the same - I don't know why I'm even playing this very much. The mission rewards are probably going to be good enough for me. I could probably take it easy and get top 50 just fine with the rubberbanding and a couple playthroughs during the last day. (I couldn't play most of the last PvE event, and rubberbanded my way up tons of points during the last day.)
    Funny you should mention that. So far, it looks like stopping after I get all the repeatable rewards for each wave is keeping me in the top 10 of my main bracket. Not sure how that will change as waves open and close, but it's interesting. I really like this event so far.
  • forgrim wrote:

Right, to much effort to get all punisher covers. Probably I will just play and gather iso in each submission.
  • forgrim wrote:

this also means u probably didn't do florida missions because from what i can tell they are connected so u'd reset ur 'rubberbanding' if u did the florida missions (i think)

Yeah I think my plan is going to be to completely forego the Florida missions until after Alaska is closed, and keep my rubberbanding intact to maintain a top spot in the Alaska round. If I went and completed Florida now, then my repeatables in Alaska would be worth significantly less. Right now my repeatables are still worth over 100 points, and I'm about 200 ahead of the top spot in Alaska, so if I focus solely on that one I should be able to lock the 1-2 spot. Then once Alaska closes I'll run through Florida.
  • Twanbon wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

this also means u probably didn't do florida missions because from what i can tell they are connected so u'd reset ur 'rubberbanding' if u did the florida missions (i think)

Yeah I think my plan is going to be to completely forego the Florida missions until after Alaska is closed, and keep my rubberbanding intact to maintain a top spot in the Alaska round. If I went and completed Florida now, then my repeatables in Alaska would be worth significantly less. Right now my repeatables are still worth over 100 points, and I'm about 200 ahead of the top spot in Alaska, so if I focus solely on that one I should be able to lock the 1-2 spot. Then once Alaska closes I'll run through Florida.

i'm going to do some experimentations myself (simply because i'm not aiming for a top 3 finish so i can keep my sanity for a week. i'll keep you all updated.
  • MarvelMan
    Options
    ARGH! I just went for my 2 hour check in, did a couple missions and picked up some points then had the game crash. When I reloaded, the missions were still done with lower rewards but I didnt get the points. Knocked me from #1 overall to #6. icon_e_sad.gif
  • my rewards showed a 1000 point reward for finishing the level 200's. finished, got 233, something glitchy is happening. one mission shows 0 points when everything had been identical til now.no idea what's going on
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    ARGH! I just went for my 2 hour check in, did a couple missions and picked up some points then had the game crash. When I reloaded, the missions were still done with lower rewards but I didnt get the points. Knocked me from #1 overall to #6. icon_e_sad.gif

Same for me - mission was worth 30 points , but I did not play , after update they are worth the same amount like before update. Knocked from #1 to #8 icon_e_smile.gif
  • think something got updated server side, all the repeatables were showing as unified points for me ie 5 missions for 50 points each, now they are all sstaggered, based on difficulty i believe.
  • Nemek
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    think something got updated server side, all the repeatables were showing as unified points for me ie 5 missions for 50 points each, now they are all sstaggered, based on difficulty i believe.

I'm seeing the same. The way it is now makes a lot more sense. (Might be too early to call, though.)
  • MarvelMan
    Options
    For Alaska, my repeatables were about 57 for the two lowers (appear linked) and 97 for the 3x 230s. Now I see a 0, 23 and 57, not to mention the points I lost with the update. Frick.
  • do the points still recharge every 2 hours?
  • i think they delinked, the one i did alot is 0 (probably recovering from me slaughtering it) and the others are higher.