Hollowpoint Kiss - June 25-27 - Season III

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    That was a first for me. Went to bed in 1st place with a couple of hours to go, with 926 points. I woke up to find that I'd won (yay!), but the guy in 2nd had the exact same score as me. How does it decide who is 1st? I'm not complaining about it, just curious.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ran LThor + UDaken and LCap + Torch as my teams. Didn't use OBW at all (going to respec to more purple, less blue). Finished in top 5 with about 100 more points than I normally average and I spent less HP on shields than what I won. Overall I don't see how True Healing has made the game any worse. The biggest difference is that instead of 3 - 4 teams of 3* + OBW + featured I ran two teams of 3* + 3* + featured. I could have probably run 2* teams for the first part too if I'd felt like it.

Also, excellent job to my brothers in 5DV. You guys have always worked your **** off and I'm glad it pays off.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Jamie. Jamie. You do realize Hollowpoint tourney means no oBW for everyone? GSBW locks out oBW!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    That was a first for me. Went to bed in 1st place with a couple of hours to go, with 926 points. I woke up to find that I'd won (yay!), but the guy in 2nd had the exact same score as me. How does it decide who is 1st? I'm not complaining about it, just curious.
    The first one to score keeps the higher rank. Used to be the opposite.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Jamie. Jamie. You do realize Hollowpoint tourney means no oBW for everyone? GSBW locks out oBW!
    Now that I'm awake I do realize that, yes, but I wouldn't have used her anyways. In fact, wanting to use her wasn't even part of my thinking for this event. I was more concerned with proving that I didn't need her to place well than I was with how I was going to ever be able to play the game again without her.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Good, I was afraid you were fully awake when typing that icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Looked at your roster again, Jamie, I think it's safe to say it's diverse enough that you can indeed do well without oBW. Sheesh, you got a 5 purple Daken, that alone makes you pretty much invulnerable to 'true healing', since Daken combines regen/nice punch/support colours in one.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Now that I'm awake I do realize that, yes, but I wouldn't have used her anyways. In fact, wanting to use her wasn't even part of my thinking for this event. I was more concerned with proving that I didn't need her to place well than I was with how I was going to ever be able to play the game again without her.
    Who are you proving it to? who put you on trial? and what difference does it make? shes a tool in ones arsenal, nothing more nothing less. despite all the valid complains, a lot of folks would like to move past a crutch character. When they're good and ready like you did. I see nothing wrong with that. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Congrats to 5DV! That is all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Congrats to 5DV! That is all.

Was traveling so did not keep up with the race so congrats 5dv for an impressive win. Shamsali and the crew went beast mode.