Flo98 GIPSY_DANGER Electro. and the X-Men are Cheaters

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Dirchicake wrote:
    So based on what I've read so far here's what I gather:

1). There is no concrete proof of cheating.
    2). They are spending a lot on HP.
    3). This game clearly has a p2w structure.
    4). It is possible to finish a match in > 60 seconds.

How is this thread still alive?

1. Correct
    2. Correct
    3. Correct
    4. Correct

How is this thread still alive? Who the fk knows. Haha

I'll asume you mean <60 seconds icon_e_smile.gif.

It's simple really. Aside from the spending you can ONLY win quickly if you can get a green and a yellow match. You can win 2 turns from the green match but need a yellow match either before using world rupture or the turn after to get sacrifice off. So here's the kicker.... have you ever had a game where you can't make BOTH a yellow AND a green match in say 15 seconds? 30 seconds? a minute even? I know I have done so why are we suddenly assuming they never will all of a sudden? For convenience of an arguement.

The suspicious bits are the spending and the speed of wins EVERY time. Might be all legit but is VERY suspect. No amount of theory crafting will make it less suspect because everyone who's played the game knows you get nightmare boards sometimes and is wondering how some players don't seem to.... In the cat5 event people over a certain value were shielded almost all the time from very early. People were skipping through nodes like mad so if anyone over 1.1k was unshielded for ANY length of time they got hit pretty quickly (hit the then hope you can queue them again) so the way they climbed to 2k was either masterful (if a bit sad...) or sketchy as hell. Only Devs can settle that one for us.

Personally i'll be happy if they weren't cheating and take my hat off to them but it's reached the point where it needs a definitive answer from the powers that be (who don't track enough stats to give us that answer anyway probably because they want to run their game on a ZX spectrum for a server so everything is client side icon_e_smile.gif ). At the very least they can check that these guys are indeed spending legitimately to get the HP and that would probably be enough for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dirchicake wrote:

1. There is enough to warrant suspicion.
    2. Some people are fairly thrifty, and have a decent chunk of HP saved. While it may not be prudent someone might think it to be worth it to make such an achievement.
    3. This game is less pay to win and more pay to have the convenience of not having to wait. That might help you win but it doesnt really do much to guarantee it.
    4. We know you meant < 60 seconds. It's important to note that it's possible to regularly win matches in less than 60 seconds. Thats different from a possible, but unlikely situation.

Some of us are trying to understand the situation better. Your allies have made their mark by scoring as high as they have. This is going to be discussed because it's such an incredible score. People will talk about how they did it, whether its possible without cheating, and whether or not it should be possible without cheating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Dirchicake wrote:

2. Some people are fairly thrifty, and have a decent chunk of HP saved. While it may not be prudent someone might think it to be worth it to make such an achievement.
    3. This game is less pay to win and more pay to have the convenience of not having to wait. That might help you win but it doesnt really do much to guarantee it.
    4. We know you meant < 60 seconds. It's important to note that it's possible to regularly win matches in less than 60 seconds. Thats different from a possible, but unlikely situation.

Some of us are trying to understand the situation better. Your allies have made their mark by scoring as high as they have. This is going to be discussed because it's such an incredible score. People will talk about how they did it, whether its possible without cheating, and whether or not it should be possible without cheating.

The title of this thread is somewhat at odds with your perfectly reasonable comments bugpop icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dirchicake
    Dirchicake Posts: 25
    Options
    Lycra wrote:
    Dirchicake wrote:

1. Correct
    2. Correct
    3. Correct
    4. Correct

How is this thread still alive? Who the fk knows. Haha

Me me! I know! Because here's a lesson for you (free!): possibility does not equal probability. Most of us believe it's within the realm of possibility for flo to obtain the scores he did. But the odds are sooo miniscule, surely some doubt is warranted.

So Psyko and co., pull your head out of the sand, and deal with reality. No problem with believing that Flo isn't a cheater. But to think there isn't a reason for this thread is pretty silly. Haha

Lycra I understand the necessity for the thread. Some people are calling foul. That's their right. What I don't get is 100 people piling on without adding anything.

There is plenty of "proof" on both sides. If someone discovers actual proof, I hope they all get kicked and sandboxed. Until then this just looks like a salem witch hunt due to sour grapes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Dirchicake wrote:

The title of this thread is somewhat at odds with your perfectly reasonable comments bugpop icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah, might not be such a ridiculous thread if it was gone about in a way like you just did, but when you have yall's golden boy jozier going all rampant with blind accusations and the like, it's pretty uncalled for.
  • Dirchicake
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Dirchicake wrote:

Suspicion? Yes. Statement of fact? No.
    Many people in here have made definite statements, not accusations.

Lots of MUST be cheating not MIGHT be cheating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the moral of this thread is my first post in the mystery men thread has been confirmed. "ITT: People who don't know how to score high." You just made us spell out how they did it and now you are too far into your witch hunt to see reason.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dirchicake wrote:
    Lycra I understand the necessity for the thread. Some people are calling foul. That's their right. What I don't get is 100 people piling on without adding anything.

There is plenty of "proof" on both sides. If someone discovers actual proof, I hope they all get kicked and sandboxed. Until then this just looks like a salem witch hunt due to sour grapes.

Well, I agree. For some time now, I've been playing the wait-and-see game. What can be said has been said several pages ago; and there isn't going to be new information that would change anyone's mind on anything.

I jump in now and again when I see the X-men posting arrogant nonsense and being flippant about the community's opinions - like clf_02 (or sth), psyko's inane response to your post, and Goodbady's latest post (just as i'm typing this out). Just as you guys can't understand why forumites need to resort to blind accusations and insults when trying to discuss the issue of Flo's scores, I don't understand why the X-Men often cannot defend themselves without resorting to arrogance and condescension.

And trust me, this isn't about sour grapes. SHIELD was top for a long time, no one accused them of cheating. It would be so groundless as to be dismissed immediately. We just recognised they were good players. No one's begrudging any alliances their win. Even when the community took issue with 5DV's swapping, not once did we cry "sour grapes". Instead, we explained our way of doing things, and was quite transparent with our motivations and actions.

The reason we're crying foul isn't because of sour grapes, but because it really looks like foul play from some angles. And that's surely understandable, even if disagreed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry after pages and pages of insults, thread titles like this, and being told what I know is possible is impossible I got a bit condescending. Maybe if people who claim to be the best at this game didn't beg us for hundreds of posts for our strategy we wouldn't feel the need to be.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Goobady wrote:
    Sorry after pages and pages of insults, thread titles like this, and being told what I know is possible is impossible I got a bit condescending. Maybe if people who claim to be the best at this game didn't beg us for hundreds of posts for our strategy we wouldn't feel the need to be.
    Maybe if your "ALMIGHTY GOD WITH AN I.Q. OF 183 " didn't insult people in 90% of his posts, spouting such "classics" as child abuse and suicide, then others would be more pleasant. I've seen others joking with him, and for someone who can "apparently take a joke" he sure does stoop to some sick degrading words to make a point. He wasn't banned for no reason. If he acted like a decent human being, others would too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    @lycra
    The problem isn't the accusations themselves. It's as Dirchicake stated, people aren't just accusing, they are condemning everyone before any investigation. Of course scores of 2k are gonna raise some eyebrows, I get it. However, right from the get go it was "you guys cheated, you don't belong #1, you all need sandboxed!

3/4 of the forum just automatically assumed foul play and joined in on the witch hunt. With that all going down, why should we come out and say **** to anybody? Why would we wanna come out and explain **** when we've been condemned before even getting the chance to speak?

Also, where exactly have I been condescending? If you can show me a post where I've legitimately just came out to take a shot at someone, or blatantly belittle someone,and not just responding to what someone else has said, show me, then I'll find 5 of yours for each of mine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Goobady wrote:
    Maybe if your "ALMIGHTY GOD WITH AN I.Q. OF 183 " didn't insult people in 90% of his posts, spouting such "classics" as child abuse and suicide, then others would be more pleasant. I've seen others joking with him, and for someone who can "apparently take a joke" he sure does stoop to some sick degrading words to make a point. He wasn't banned for no reason. If he acted like a decent human being, others would too.
    Maybe Naz spouts insults 90% of the time because 90% of the time he is responding to a thread full of insults directed at the alliance he's worked hard to put together and win with. We see thread after thread of people like jozier, arktos, etc... flaming us and calling for everyone to hate us and calling for devs to sandbox our whole alliance and yea, maybe he comes into threads like that in a bad mood and doesn't feel like responding politely. Why is the burdon of ettiquite squarely on his shoulders and not on the dozens of flames before he shows up?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dirchicake wrote:

Suspicion? Yes. Statement of fact? No.
    Many people in here have made definite statements, not accusations.

Lots of MUST be cheating not MIGHT be cheating.

Cheating is a serious accusation. The scores in question were beyond incredible. Jozier said what was on everyone mind. Everyone was thinking "how did they do that without cheating". If I was making my mark with an incredible score I would expect accusations of cheating.

We dont know the players that achieved incredible scores whereas we know the players in SHIELD, 5DV, and other top 10 alliances from the forums.

I dont have problems with Joziers handling of this. He is who he is and he's okay in my book.
  • Dirchicake
    Options
    Lycra wrote:
    Dirchicake wrote:

Well, I agree. For some time now, I've been playing the wait-and-see game. What can be said has been said several pages ago; and there isn't going to be new information that would change anyone's mind on anything.

I jump in now and again when I see the X-men posting arrogant nonsense and being flippant about the community's opinions - like clf_02 (or sth), psyko's inane response to your post, and Goodbady's latest post (just as i'm typing this out). Just as you guys can't understand why forumites need to resort to blind accusations and insults when trying to discuss the issue of Flo's scores, I don't understand why the X-Men often cannot defend themselves without resorting to arrogance and condescension.

And trust me, this isn't about sour grapes. SHIELD was top for a long time, no one accused them of cheating. It would be so groundless as to be dismissed immediately. We just recognised they were good players. No one's begrudging any alliances their win. Even when the community took issue with 5DV's swapping, not once did we cry "sour grapes". Instead, we explained our way of doing things, and was quite transparent with our motivations and actions.

The reason we're crying foul isn't because of sour grapes, but because it really looks like foul play from some angles. And that's surely understandable, even if disagreed.

Let's play the probability, possibility game here to then. Is it possible that the complaints aren't sour grapes? Yes. Is it probable that they are? Yes.

Again, I welcome scrutiny to any alliance, ours or not. If there are cheaters I hope they are kicked. Based off what I've seen they aren't. Their strats have been discussed here and that still isn't good enough.

For every one of you that has reasonable discourse with us, there are ten people who just wag. That's why I think this thread should die. If people want action keep flooding the devs with tickets.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dirchicake wrote:
    Let's play the probability, possibility game here to then. Is it possible that the complaints aren't sour grapes? Yes. Is it probable that they are? Yes.

Again, I welcome scrutiny to any alliance, ours or not. If there are cheaters I hope they are kicked. Based off what I've seen they aren't. Their strats have been discussed here and that still isn't good enough.

For every one of you that has reasonable discourse with us, there are ten people who just wag. That's why I think this thread should die. If people want action keep flooding the devs with tickets.

Special hint: Stop posting in it icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Goobady wrote:
    Goobady wrote:
    Maybe Naz spouts insults 90% of the time because 90% of the time he is responding to a thread full of insults directed at the alliance he's worked hard to put together and win with. We see thread after thread of people like jozier, arktos, etc... flaming us and calling for everyone to hate us and calling for devs to sandbox our whole alliance and yea, maybe he comes into threads like that in a bad mood and doesn't feel like responding politely. Why is the burdon of ettiquite squarely on his shoulders and not on the dozens of flames before he shows up?

FYI Naz has been hated for far longer than this last week (which is when I posted my threads).

Naz is an **** and that has nothing to do with accusations of cheating.

Hop off his nuts for a second and you'll see that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    FYI Naz has been hated for far longer than this last week (which is when I posted my threads).

Yea, dating back to Arktos's flame thread during S1 which was pages of insults before anyone from the X Men showed up.

Food for thought, no cheaters have ever gotten 2k. Maybe that is because cheats don't do it, strategy does.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jozier wrote:

So now it's coming out.....you don't like Naz so start a cheating & flaming thread against all x-men icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ummm no that's where your mistaken. Naz has been acting like a **** from the very beginning, even before Arktos arrived on the scene. While it takes 2 to argue, if he wasn't always acting that way, then people would be less hostile.
    nazerith wrote:

I don't really do this bickering thing in public not my style I keep my cool about me, that's why you don't ever hear anything about me or my alliance. With that said best of luck to you hope you are able to swap 20k to take over our first place spot in season 1. I really don't care because soon no amount of swapping will help. I hope your squad does well I really do, I just care about how your people feel, I've actually had to ban people talking bad about you, don't need negativity around my men. With that said this will be my last public rebuttal, if you care to continue this pm me. People have better things to do then read gossip and bickering. Keep up the good fight.

Edit: First line in that quote is a classic
  • Unknown
    Options
    [/quote]

Hop off his nuts for a second and you'll see that.[/quote]

If there was ever a time in my life where the saying "pot called kettle black" fits, this has got to be it. So, pot, meet kettle
This discussion has been closed.