**** Ikaris (Eternals) ****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited December 2021 in Character Details

Ikaris (Eternals)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Heroes
"Ikaris is one of the Eternals, a people hand-crafted by the Celestials and tasked with protecting Earth from existential threats. In addition to the gifts of immortality, strength, and cosmic energy granted to the Eternals, Ikaris has the unique gift of levitation. There are two places Ikaris feels most himself: in the skies or in combat."
(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
3297 Health / 12212 Health
 33 | 42 | 10 | 37 | 8 | 8 | 23 | 3.5x
 65 | 85 | 13 | 74 | 11 | 12 | 43 | 3.5x

Cosmic Blast - 8  AP
Ikaris channels the very essence of the cosmos into a destructive beam, dealing 880 damage, ignoring enemy Protect tiles. Then, if Ikaris returned from being Airborne this turn, generate 1 Purple and 1 Yellow AP. (Max level 1714 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1176 damage. Generates 2 Purple and 2 Yellow AP. (Max level 2291 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1436 damage. Generates 3 Purple and 3 Yellow AP. (Max level 2797 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1964 damage. Generates 4 Purple and 4 Yellow AP. (Max level 3825 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 3178 damage. (Max level 6207 damage)
Gift of Levitation - 6  AP
In the sky there are no obstacles between Ikaris and his foe. Ikaris goes Airborne for 2 turns.

(PASSIVE) If Ikaris is Airborne at the start of the turn and has no active allies, he makes a match. Whenever a friendly match is made while Ikaris is Airborne, he deals 70% of his match damage to the enemy in the back.
  • Level 2: Deals 125% of his match damage.
  • Level 3: Goes Airborne for 3 turns.
  • Level 4: Deals 260% of his match damage.
  • Level 5: Deals 380% of his match damage. Goes Airborne for 4 turns.
Rise Again -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) There is no way to truly destroy an Eternal. At the start of turn, if Ikaris is Downed and you have 9 or more Yellow AP, drain all Yellow AP and Ikaris revives with 15% health, then he goes Airborne for 2 turns.

Ikaris's match damage is increased by 8% for every Yellow AP you have (This increase is active while Ikaris is Airborne).
  • Level 2: Revives with 25% health. Match damage is increased by 11%.
  • Level 3: Revives with 35% health, then goes Airborne for 3 turns. Match damage is increased by 12%.
  • Level 4: Revives with 60% health. Match damage is increased by 16%.
  • Level 5: Revives with 100% health, then goes Airborne for 5 turns. Match damage is increased by 25%.

RELEASE SCHEDULE

Release Events:

Story

Introducing... Ikaris – Nov 4-13

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• Ikaris (Eternals) Shards in Progression rewards

Infinite Pursuit – Nov 4-9

• Rewards tokens to the Infinite Pursuit Cover Pack

• Ikaris (Eternals) in Placement rewards

Unstable Iso-8 – Nov 8-12

• Ikaris (Eternals) in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. – Nov 7-12

• Ikaris (Eternals) shards in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Ikaris & Friends vault

Versus

Perfect Storm – Nov 4-8

• Ikaris (Eternals) in Placement rewards

First in Flight – Nov 7-10

• Ikaris (Eternals) in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Ikaris & Friends vault

OFFERS

Ikaris & Friends - Nov 7-13

80 Item Vault
  • 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Ikaris cover

• 1x Gwenpool (Gwen Poole) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Storm (Classic) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just confusing.  I will just wait till next week when all the text is sorted out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Revivify is coming to the 4* tier it looks like. Curious for the details to fill in and see who it is.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    The abilities look awesome actually.

Non-Support revive abilities are rare in the game. I think iHulk, 5* Phoenix and IW Cap can revive themselves or others. On top of that, it looks like true heal and 8-9 yellow aps is required. Seeing how his critical hit is 3.5x, his match damage increase should be pretty high. 

As for his purple power, technically speaking, non-active allies include both downed and stunned allies, but not airborne allies. However, it's buggy against Apocalypse. Hopefully, it's not buggy for this character. This ability reminds me of Carbage's passive match, except this condition requires allies to be stunned or downed. If not, the other passive ability looks more interesting. However, I wonder if it will be useful when 2/3 enemy is alive because downed enemy are always placed at the back.

His red is a battery for purple and yellow. So, you actually fire purple power for free. This means you have to focus on only red to keep the chain going. Valkyrie will be good to keep the chain going. Throw Nick Fury in and you have a stun team.

I will go with 5/5/3 for now. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to down him just to enjoy the match damage boost.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This feels like Loki’s revive to me
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    I forgot about Loki.  :D

The powerset looks complicated, so I don't think he will be popular. He should be good for defensive play because you will want him to be downed last. Throw in 2 irritating allies who love to soak in damage and players might skip. However, numbers can change everything.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way the Yellow power reads it makes it seem like this character could be down for many turns then revive if all of a sudden you meet the Yellow threshold, If that's the case you'll really want to down this character last because of the annoying revival possibility.
    Would be a fun partner for Electro when facing an enemy AOE character because her passive Yellow generation would revive them and they don't share any active colors.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    His main focus is on keeping purple effect active. You can do it via two abilities:

1) firing his active purple
    2) triggering his passive yellow

His red is to keep the purple active and yellow on hibernating mode. 

I think the number of turns it will be active is 5.

Juggernaut is still common in 4* land, so it will be easy to do that. The question is, how do you bypass the minimum threshold, which I think is 8-9 yellow aps, in a single turn? How do you generate 20+ more yellow aps in a single turn before he revives? Store 24 purple aps and use Kingpin to achieve that?
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    That Red looks very interesting. So for 8 AP you deal damage and generate at least 5 Yellow and 5 Purple AP.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Purple looks interesting. It isn't tied to a Countdown (like 3-star Vision's density effects) or a board state (like Emma Frost being diamond while there are fortified tiles out). It just turns on, and stays on, causing splash damage with matches, AP generation for his red, and bonus matches when solo. 

Red is simple, damage, ignores protects, generates some AP if Purple is active.

Yellow is a passive revive, different from others in the game (drains from a stock of AP, rather than putting out a tile to match like Loki, or being automatic with damage like Hulk). Sounds like you can save up AP and revive him several turns later if the rest of his team is still active, which is interesting. I also like that it actives his Purple for a power surge when he returns. The bonus match damage is nice too, given his Purple effect.

Seems like you could set up a combo, save up some red, activate his purple, fire red to generate some purple/yellow AP, keep firing his purple to keep it active, and just go to town with the match damage. And it works when he's down! You save up some red, then save up some yellow, and the revive kicks off the same combo.

Not earth-shattering. In typical fashion we won't really know if it's good or not until we see some numbers, maybe get a field test. But it's nice to see they're still coming up with new mechanics with this many characters in the game. They could have very easily gone a lazy route a long time ago and just taken existing powers and put them in different combos, in different colors.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    Unless the match damage and health revive % is incredible, it looks like a chore to save up 30 yellow aps unless you pair him with Electro against Juggernaut or someone who can create red aps quickly so that you can down him and revive him with bigger match damage.

As a reference, health revive % in the game are 44.6%, 55%, 60%, 62%. The bare minimum at 3 cover is 40%.

Match damage wise for similar ability,
    Beast can hit 1710% increment with 30 black aps, America Chavez 900% and Talos 575%.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way I read it, this character will increase match damage per yellow always. Then on power 2 his own match damage plus yellow damages the other enemy. 
    If he is downed he loses a lot of his precious yellow.
    It seems a great character for a team not using yellow. 
  • HoundofShadow
    That makes sense now. I was thinking the match damage increases only after he revives. You keep him alive so that you can get increased match damage or you sacrifice all the yellow aps to bring him back to life. That ties in nicely with his purple power because you would want to keep his allies active so that he can deal passive damage to the back per friendly match. His red is to continue his purple and yellow. He would be awesome as a 5* for strategic play. It seems like the dev is developing quite a number of 4* to punch up with huge match damage boost or match damage resistant.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Neko said:

Power (3) -  PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) At the start of turn, if <Character> is Downed and you have a moderate amount or more Yellow AP, drain all Yellow AP and <Character> revives with low % health, then activates <Power (2) Effect> for a few turns.

<Character> match damage is increased by low % for every Yellow AP you have (This increase is active while <Character> is using the <Power (2) Effect>).
    Obviously, because of the match damage boost, the more yellow AP the better. What I want to know is what "moderate amount" equals. It could mean 8 yellow AP or it could be 11 yellow AP. 

Having this character revive is nice, but at the cost of losing all of my yellow AP is harsh. It makes me want to have another character that uses yellow so that I can use up some of that yellow AP when this character's health gets really low.

No idea who this might be. The clue makes me think Sunfire, but the powers don't line up.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Can we just give this power set to 5* Phoenix?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    mdreyer93 said:
    Can we just give this power set to 5* Phoenix?
    If this was a 5* most of the comments would be about this being trash tier and they need to stop releasing DoA characters.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2021
    I hope its not one of those generic space gods  from The boring looking  Eternals movie. Id rather it be another comic character
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I already know who it is and what is the power 2 thanks to a good spoiler in the face. You devs could encrypt your data better!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope its not one of those generic space gods  from The boring looking  Eternals movie. Id rather it be another comic character
    Get this, but the movie is based on comic characters from the 1970's.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2021
    JHawkInc said:
    Get this, but the movie is based on comic characters from the 1970's.
    no duh,  all the MCU characters are based off Comic Characters.  I don't care about eternals the MCU or the Comics they are F list characters either way

***Mod note: Replaced inappropriate language. Please refrain from using profanity. It's a violation of rule 6. - fight4thedream