5* tier list for PvP and PvE

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    These rankings seem to be for players who are highly competitive in PvP and PvE, and I don't think Shang-Chi will have much of any impact for them. 

He's much too slow to win a CL10 PvE bracket, and high level PvP is also dominated by really fast autopilot teams.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Shang chi and chavez can wreck a god boosted team in a minute.
    That's fast
    He's no slouch in pve either I have had over 400k dmg out of him.
    Yes he needs a partner to get the best out of him but most do anyway.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    What do run him at with Chavez?
  • Jimsta_rooney
    In pve I run meh hulk chavez and shang chi.
    +1 colour boost
    Plows through scl10 easily.
    If its a really hard team I'll run+2ap dmg boost crit boost.
    I don't play pve ultra competitively but I have broke t10 a few times when I've been in a rush to finish
  • Sekilicious
    Oh I meant do you run him 3/5/5 or 5/5/3? I was thinking 3/5/5 would be better with Chavez. I’ve been running him 5/5/3 with Hulkbuster and Valkyrie and I often win turn 2 but it is a little slow.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    I run 535
    I think any more than 3 in pink is overkill personally 
  • Sekilicious
    That’s definitely true sometimes.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    @fight4thedream

So what’s the verdict on current Fastest teams for each node difficulty in CL10 with the addiction of Shang? Thanks again and thanks all
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Glockoma said:
    @fight4thedream

So what’s the verdict on current Fastest teams for each node difficulty in CL10 with the addiction of Shang? Thanks again and thanks all

Judging by the number of teams with him that I encounter no matter which pvp it is, the addiction is strong indeed...  :p
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    Haha, my bad; I meant addition though it does seem addiction can suffice.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I run him 454. 5 tiles to destruct takes too much time, and the extra match damage doesn’t make much sense when his combo hits 7 or so.
    The charged tile generation at 6 combo points is a boon though when targeting tiles on the edge of the board or special tiles nearby in the middle of the board. Matching charged tiles can keep his winfinite running in either red or blue.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    New Characters

Shang-Chi
    PvP rating: A
    PvE rating: A

Ultron
    PvP rating:  C
    PvE rating:  ???

Rank Updates

Iceman
    PvP rating: B (no change)
    PvE rating: C (down from B )

Onslaught
    PvP rating: B (no change)
    PvE rating: B (up from  ???)

New PvE Effective Teams
    Shang-Chi/5* Thor/4* America Chavez
    Shang-Chi/4* Nick Fury/4* America Chavez (best with support that gives yellow AP at start of match, yellow AP boost)
    Shang-Chi/Onslaught/4*America Chavez
    Shang-Chi/4* Valkyrie/4* America Chavez

Notes and Comments
    -Shang-Chi certainly expands the speed meta a bit. God mode Boosted, he is super fast. Unboosted he falls a bit behind Okoye and Apoc although it's difficult to say since most competitive players have really high levels on those characters. There are only a few people with a high level Shang-Chi at the moment so it's difficult to gauge. However, I have consistently heard he has helped increase speed times for less deep rosters.
    -I believe most competitive players have moved away from using Iceman and are using Polaris for their stun needs thus the PvE rank drop.
    - Onslaught partners well with Shang-Chi so he got raised to B rank for PvE.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2022
    They fixed Apocalypse, he's stunnable again after you take out any mutant partners he has.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I missing it, or is 4* Polaris/halfThor/5* Okoye not included anywhere in the cl10 effective or challenge node team lists? It's basically a straight upgrade on Thorkoye + 2099 (especially if okoye can tank blue for polaris), which i do see on the list. It's not as fast as the passive aoe teams (thanos, warlock, IH, etc), but it's extremely strong and reliable, struggling only against the same nodes that most everyone struggles with (e.g., 5* carnage and Kitty + Grocket, etc. challenge nodes that can do ~70k damage in the first 2-3 turns with some luck).  And even then boosting +4 blue is almost always enough.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just dropping by here. Lol. 

I think this is the second time I came to this thread over the past 4 years, and I'm glad I came in because I saw that they fixed Apocalypse's bug.

I'm surprised to see BRB in there. He caused my scl 10 ranking to nosedive to T100 when he was boosted with iHulk. It was my fault because my natural instinct was using him as if I was playing pvp.  :/ His protect tiles slowed down my matches tremendously. I had to switch to SC/Chavez and it was much faster than boosted BRB.

I used Polaris/Thor/Okoye back when I was dipping my foot in SCL 10. I think it was fine but it's pretty slow.

Is there a ranking of the hardest CNs somewhere?
  • fight4thedream
    Vhailorx said:
    Am I missing it, or is 4* Polaris/halfThor/5* Okoye not included anywhere in the cl10 effective or challenge node team lists? It's basically a straight upgrade on Thorkoye + 2099 (especially if okoye can tank blue for polaris), which i do see on the list. It's not as fast as the passive aoe teams (thanos, warlock, IH, etc), but it's extremely strong and reliable, struggling only against the same nodes that most everyone struggles with (e.g., 5* carnage and Kitty + Grocket, etc. challenge nodes that can do ~70k damage in the first 2-3 turns with some luck).  And even then boosting +4 blue is almost always enough.
    Nice catch! Updated to include this team. Thanks! 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    I think you should add ShangChi/Onslaught/Sersei for the challenge mode.  To me it is the best trio, and I don't even have Onslaught and Sersei fully covered.
  • fight4thedream
    I think you should add ShangChi/Onslaught/Sersei for the challenge mode.  To me it is the best trio, and I don't even have Onslaught and Sersei fully covered.
    Nice! Added. I imagine there are a quite a few potentially effective teams with Shang-Chi.
  • fight4thedream
    edited April 2022
    New Characters

Gamora
    PvP rating: C
    PvE rating: C

Sersi
    PvP rating:  C
    PvE rating:  B

Big Wheel
    PvP rating:  B
    PvE rating:  C

Rank Updates

Jean Grey Phoenix
    PvP rating: B (up from D)
    PvE rating: ??? (no change)

Daredevil Matt Murdock
    PvP rating: C (down from B )
    PvE rating: ??? (for CL 10)/ B (down from A, CL 9 below)

New PvE Effective Teams
    4* Polaris/BRB/Sersi
    4* Valkyrie/Melinda May/Shang-Chi
    Okoye/5* Thor/Scorpion
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2022
    Knull is good against Apoc event boss. His ability to deal permanent damage cuts down Apoc's regenerating health until you can kill him without deleting his Four Horsemen tiles. Has this been said?