***** Odin (All-Father) *****

Comments

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos said:
    I was gonna make some videos but there's no point. Odin doesn't really do much of anything, he has almost no offense and barely any defense. If he's your last man standing, you might as well concede.

If you had to pick somebody to pair him with in a pick-2 who would you say is his best partner?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,911 Chairperson of the Boards

Odin feeling kind of blue.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

If you had to pick somebody to pair him with in a pick-2 who would you say is his best partner?
    A fighter. 
    Sorry, but I never thought that I was gonna see the D&D clerig in MPQ. :D
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Thanos said:
    I was gonna make some videos but there's no point. Odin doesn't really do much of anything, he has almost no offense and barely any defense. If he's your last man standing, you might as well concede.

Whoever in your roster is closest to a one-man team.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    [Quote from fight4thedream]
    With Beta Ray Bill, Heimdall, Hela, Loki, Thor, and Valkyrie already in game, it would have been nice for the Dev Team to create an Asgard affiliation that Odin's powers could complement. Perhaps a reverse version of Xavier Protocols that grants other Asgard characters 30% less damage for each active Asgard character on the team. I also would have liked to have seen the Odinsleep worked into his character design. 

That would have been a smart thing for them to do. Perhaps they could have given him  a power that ignores all damage reducing abilities (so would ignore passives, protects and immunities and invis). Maybe for fellow Asgardians. 

Or maybe D3 are trying to say wisdom is healing and protecting allies, instead of killing ones enemies.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is sadly another big dissapointment like AoA Mags or Pyclops, really great characters in the comics, super powerful that get a pretty lame game adaptation.

This year has been VERY hit and miss, and mostly miss sadly. Wanda is great, Colossus is good, YJ, Ghostpool and Electro are decent but I barely use them at all, and then Ronan, Knull, Psyclops, Mags and now Odin are pretty meh/bad :( If you think about it, just Wanda and Colossus are usable really.

PS: I dont know where to put Adam, probably in the meh/bad category now that Wanda and Electro negate his black completely (as a match damage char, Colossus is much much better).
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    His blue (Odin Blessing) might be his best power. The board really fills up with those CDs once the parameters are met. And those strikes are big. 

Knull
    4* CM 5/5/3
    Odin

Odin
    4* CM 5/5/3
    Heimdall

Odin
    4* CM 5/5/3
    Magik

just a couple that intrigue me. 

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    After spending 10 minutes on his second node today, I found out:

1) AoE will not trigger his yellow passive power, regardless of whether he's in front or at the back. I wonder if Skuttlebutt or Survial of the Fittest will trigger him to jump in front or do multiple fortification. It's likely a no for Skuttlebutt, but I'm not sure about SotF.

2) Cascades will trigger him to fortify tiles multiple time, if it meets the minimum damage requirement and when he's already in front.

Maybe they can release Lady Sif as the next 5* to help this old man out.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    On day 2 today, odin needed almost 3000 damage to start his engine and the only way to achieve that is eating the AoE of the mindless. So another great node for to not see all his potential(about the divine champions, I didn't know ghostpool was one of them, possibly him neither).

I'm not sure if it would be the fastest team, but odin could have sinergy with HE and carol4*, as bodyguard odin could in theory give some protection to dangerous 4* such as her, polaris, karnak, medusa, riri, and sinergy with misty knight. 
    All that would be for to having fun and experimenting a bit, as his final use in pvp should be, like we are all thinking, for to increase the annoyance of the Wancol team. 
    So I think, despite all, this is a character to not skip in the case the future could prove the opposite. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:

So I think, despite all, this is a character to not skip in the case the future could prove the opposite. 
    The amount of times I’ve heard this line, I can only remember one time it’s worked. Captain Marvel and she got nerfed.

it makes far more sense to wait until they about to leave and if no magical partnership appears let them slide. If by some miracle they end up being meta you will get another shot in another vault.

i have 27 unchamped 5* on my roster and at no point do I regret a single one of them. When I posted my unchamped and asked who was worth sharding next I was pretty much told none of them were worth it.

if your not a champ them all player this release is as easy a pass as you will get. Awful.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the +100 level boost changes the calculus on skipping a 5* quite a bit.  If somebody skipped Killmonger or Archangel it'd be hard to compete in those weeks, and now we don't even know who'll be boosted together.

That said, I'm not sure a +100 level boost even helps Odin very much.  Does his threshold scale with levels?  Normally the jump-in-front powers get less useful as the guy levels up, so he might be an exception to "boosted 5* make mediocre 5* great" rule.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    I will add: I'm very happy that Odin is bad.  Since Scarlet Witch and Colossus appeared, the game is unbearably slow without boosted 5* to counter them.  If Odin was good it'd have gotten even worse.

Please stop making defensive characters and start making characters that ignore defensive passives, or 5* stuns, or something to speed these fights up.
  • Tony_Foot
    I think the +100 level boost changes the calculus on skipping a 5* quite a bit.  If somebody skipped Killmonger or Archangel it'd be hard to compete in those weeks, and now we don't even know who'll be boosted together.

That said, I'm not sure a +100 level boost even helps Odin very much.  Does his threshold scale with levels?  Normally the jump-in-front powers get less useful as the guy levels up, so he might be an exception to "boosted 5* make mediocre 5* great" rule.
    I don’t think it changes much at all, if you have the top 20 to 25 you will use those boosted over the weak ones like you did before. Sure they are handy and if they throw out ock AA Wasp and Odin next week I’m in a bit of bother but I can lose a week of CP rather than the 7500 cp I’d have wasted chasing those 3.

if you are already a champ them all as they come player I can see why you would continue but I prefer the no pressure route.
  • Tony_Foot

Please stop making defensive characters and start making characters that ignore defensive passives, or 5* stuns, or something to speed these fights up.
    There’s never been a better time to add supports to offensive only PVP.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Regardless of how bad he seems as a character, whoever thought that the blinding white light triggering every few rounds was a good idea after the issues surrounding the screen dim just needs to be fired. 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    As someone who has wanted Odin for a long time I am also disappointed with how he turned out.  You have let the All Father down Devs shame on you.