Is Wanda Top Ten for sure?

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

What's the tradeoff there?  The game is designed to encourage you to go as fast as possible, and the mechanics haven't changed.  It sounds like you're sacrificing speed for reduced health pack use?  Or for fewer offensive losses?
    Both. My health pack usage is considerably less with ScarletSteel as opposed to Hulkoye. And I don’t have to revive the 3rd character often either. 

Understand. This is NOT vs boosted champed 5s that are 550+. I don’t run any of the normal meta duos vs them. I usually do what Jimsta_rooney does. 

However, I do seem to put Colossus with one of the boosted 5s often to mitigate the elevated match damage. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about when speed is the only thing that matters -- are people using that team to hop?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colossus has shown what he can do maxed thanks to the godboost. 
    I'm still doing 120k nukes with wanda's help in pve.
    Just save a bit of black and fire the cannon.
    Adding her hex to the mixture, I did 190k damage. 
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    In PvP she pretty much has to be T10 if not T5. In PvE I never use her unless she’s required. 

Really depends on where you find the value but I’d say T10 overall is reasonable.

• entrailbucket
    The Apocalypse/SW team makes sense to me.  Apocalypse boosts Wanda's repeater damage, and brings quite a bit of DPS to the table himself.

But I still don't get the SW/Colossus team.  It doubles up on defensive passives, but compared to virtually any other pairing of meta characters, it's very slow on offense.

If you're one of the people running that team, why are you using it?  Is it just for floating or do you do the entire PvP with that team?  Do you not have the power boosters/faster characters?  Are you using it to avoid hits?  Does it work for that?
    It's not slow
    Colossus 20k+ for 6ap
    Add in wandas blue which can double it.
    Wanda can help u get any colour you choose after 3ap(I choose black most of the time) 
    Also colossus match dmg, match 4s 5s and crits big dmg too.
    Apocalypse/wanda may be faster but colossus /wanda is definitely not slow. 
    How long does it take you to chew through 250-400,000HP of double boosted 5* though?
    I don't target them.
    As don't the majority of people that play pvp. 
    It's the minority that have 550s and can run them every match.
    I have yet to find a baby champed boosted 5 star duo I can't beat though. 
    This makes me really sad.  Everyone needs to experience the sheer, spiteful joy of repeatedly taking 75 off some arrogant jerk floating on a team that he thought was immune to hits.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Haha I can only imagine👍
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I target them, they’re beatable. And I float my way to 1200 as well, but I don’t know if I’d call myself arrogant for doing so. I had higher float points as a 4* player than I do now; I’m feeling pretty good these days if I can float above 600pts. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I target them, they’re beatable. And I float my way to 1200 as well, but I don’t know if I’d call myself arrogant for doing so. I had higher float points as a 4* player than I do now; I’m feeling pretty good these days if I can float above 600pts. 

What I do know is that the game is much more fun to play, and works much better in general, if you're "friendly" with a very small group of players and *overflowing with burning hatred and contempt* for everyone else.  Trying to be "nice" makes for a very frustrating, boring experience.
    Much like every post I’m forced to write here so I don’t get a dozen flags on it
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think knowing which percentage of the playerbase *might* be serial killers could be quite useful information when it comes to retals! Maybe we should do a poll.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh yeah, in PVP you're just a miserable bundle of points to me, I don't even read names.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised we've hit the quota of 2 meta 5* per calendar year: Colossus and Wanda. 

Fighting against Wanda/Apocalypse/Colossus took me 90 to 110 seconds with + 4 yellow/purple/blue ap boost. Without boost it will probably take me 3 minutes or so.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised we've hit the quota of 2 meta 5* per calendar year: Colossus and Wanda. 
    I was fearing this.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Anon said:
    I was fearing this.
    And I haven’t seen a single post whining about Hulkoye in over a month . We got what we wished for . 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    I was fearing this.
    And I haven’t seen a single post whining about Hulkoye in over a month . We got what we wished for . 
    Yeah but I was holding out for another meta 5* 😞
  • entrailbucket

Fighting against Wanda/Apocalypse/Colossus took me 90 to 110 seconds with + 4 yellow/purple/blue ap boost. Without boost it will probably take me 3 minutes or so.
    I don't think I buy that they have a "quota" of good 5* per year.

What would their incentive be to do things this way?  From a profit perspective, wouldn't it be ideal for every new 5* to be usable-to-excellent?  Why would they choose to release an underpowered character that nobody spends on?

I think it's *far* more likely that they don't understand what makes characters good, or that characters are good or bad by mistake.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife

What would their incentive be to do things this way?  From a profit perspective, wouldn't it be ideal for every new 5* to be usable-to-excellent?  Why would they choose to release an underpowered character that nobody spends on?

I think it's *far* more likely that they don't understand what makes characters good, or that characters are good or bad by mistake.
    I disagree. That’s not how businesses work . Who would release a product and expect customers to buy it knowing they planned on making it obsolete with an upgrade in a few months . We often held back superior products in our research pipeline because we needed to make our money back on the newest released product. We’d flip it with an upgrade once a year or so. At times we were finding research upgrades so fast it would be 3 to 5 years before we could let them be available to mass market 
  • entrailbucket

I disagree. That’s not how businesses work . Who would release a product and expect customers to buy it knowing they planned on making it obsolete with an upgrade in a few months . We often held back superior products in our research pipeline because we needed to make our money back on the newest released product. We’d flip it with an upgrade once a year or so. At times we were finding research upgrades so fast it would be 3 to 5 years before we could let them be available to mass market 
    That would make sense if they released a good character twice a year and *absolutely nothing* else. 

Maybe your business holds off on releasing superior products so customers' current stuff won't be obsolete too quickly, but do you spend research, development, and marketing money on clearly inferior, useless products that no one will buy in the interim?