Is Wanda Top Ten for sure?

Options

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Options
    What differentiates “their most annoying troll team” in pick 3
    and “anyone boosted +100 levels that week” in pick 2?

What makes one a troll?  It’s just people playing the optimal teams for each version of PVP.
    and for most of us the rewards for Sim are hardly trash.
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

and for most of us the rewards for Sim are hardly trash.
    If they ever add CP rewards to Sim, I will play it otherwise I too think the rewards are lackluster. I think that is the only place in this game where direct CP is unavailable.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    In regular PvP there's at least some amount of time pressure -- you can't run extremely slow defense-first teams the whole time because you only have a limited time to make your climb.

In shield sim you have an entire month, so players can do one fight a day or whatever.  It doesn't matter if the team you're using takes half an hour to win a fight because there's no time pressure, so everyone just runs their best defensive team the whole way.

The rewards are absolutely a joke for anyone who's a 5* player.  I just looked again, it's one 4* cover at 2000 and a bunch of random useless junk.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All those are reward farms...
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I mean I am 5* player, but I still look forward to those rewards every season.  
    Would love it if they added 5* shards or CP, but it seems crazy to just skip them entirely.  
    I guess I get it if Sim is just that unenjoyable for some people.  I’ve always liked that’s it is it’s own little niche of the game.  Maybe since like you say, it’s so easy to grind, maybe the rewards are suitable as is.

You know one of my favorite rewards of the game is still the 10 pack we get every season.  Maybe it’s a remnant of my climbing up, but I always get a little rush when I hit that reward.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All those are reward farms...
    True I used those rewards to get to Mantis 271, collect my LT , and get a SWitch cover 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    If you leave the shield sim for the last week it seems pretty easy to get to 2000 pts to get full rewards. Even if you don’t, 75 wins over three weeks is 25/week and 4/day. The rewards are decent for anyone under 5* but easily achieved if you are at that tier. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wanda is already meta, and for me top 10 for sure.
    She is one of the best partners for apocalypse although she only would miss to being mutant.
    However she is good absolutely for any character. She provides the way for to altere the board setting changing colors tactically, a skill that I absolutely love, and she provides the protection for to not getting toasted before raising shields.
    There is no fool proof character in defense right now, but her performance is great and she changed the difficulty at hitting ihulkoye teams. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If a single character replaces the meta and you see more of that character than the previous meta, then she's top ten.
    If it wasn't for the boost of the week then meta would be apoc/wanda or colossus/wanda
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Based on the amount of times she shows up now in PvP, she’s at least top 5, possibly top 3. (Based on my opponents only , yours may vary )
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    The Apocalypse/SW team makes sense to me.  Apocalypse boosts Wanda's repeater damage, and brings quite a bit of DPS to the table himself.

But I still don't get the SW/Colossus team.  It doubles up on defensive passives, but compared to virtually any other pairing of meta characters, it's very slow on offense.

If you're one of the people running that team, why are you using it?  Is it just for floating or do you do the entire PvP with that team?  Do you not have the power boosters/faster characters?  Are you using it to avoid hits?  Does it work for that?
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Options
    The Apocalypse/SW team makes sense to me.  Apocalypse boosts Wanda's repeater damage, and brings quite a bit of DPS to the table himself.

But I still don't get the SW/Colossus team.  It doubles up on defensive passives, but compared to virtually any other pairing of meta characters, it's very slow on offense.

If you're one of the people running that team, why are you using it?  Is it just for floating or do you do the entire PvP with that team?  Do you not have the power boosters/faster characters?  Are you using it to avoid hits?  Does it work for that?
    It's not slow
    Colossus 20k+ for 6ap
    Add in wandas blue which can double it.
    Wanda can help u get any colour you choose after 3ap(I choose black most of the time) 
    Also colossus match dmg, match 4s 5s and crits big dmg too.
    Apocalypse/wanda may be faster but colossus /wanda is definitely not slow. 
  • entrailbucket
    Options

It's not slow
    Colossus 20k+ for 6ap
    Wanda can help u get any colour you choose after 3ap(I choose black most of the time) 
    How long does it take you to chew through 250-400,000HP of double boosted 5* though?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Colossus/Wanda isn’t Thorpocalypse fast or Hulkoye fast. But it’s far from slow. Colossus’ match damage with yellow/black/blue can kill most 370 lvl 4*s with 2 match 4s/4 match 3s. And with Switch’s purple converting TUPs into one of those 3 colors (for the lovely price of only 3 AP), match 4s happen about as often as an AI controlled 5* ProfX/Onslaught team. 

Then you add Colossus’ very cheap black (6 AP) nuke that does around 20000 when he’s in front (which is a lot). Imagine doing a Purification and then a match 4 in blue/yellow/black. That’s 35000-40000+. Easy. And tack on Switch’s passive damage boost (or CD damage boost) and the damage from her repeater. 

They never step on each other and help just about every 3rd character they’re with. And unlike Hulkoye, you don’t have to worry about killing your 3rd character with self hits or even bad boards or crazy cascades out of nowhere that kill Okoye in one turn. 

In other words, ScarlettSteel is better vs more teams than Hulkoye on offense and defense. They’re not as fast as Hulkoye but they’re fast enough. And I don’t have to skip/sweat ProfX/Onslaught teams. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Colossus/Wanda isn’t Thorpocalypse fast or Hulkoye fast. But it’s far from slow. Colossus’ match damage with yellow/black/blue can kill most 370 lvl 4*s with 2 match 4s/4 match 3s. And with Switch’s purple converting TUPs into one of those 3 colors (for the lovely price of only 3 AP), match 4s happen about as often as an AI controlled 5* ProfX/Onslaught team. 

Then you add Colossus’ very cheap black (6 AP) nuke that does around 20000 when he’s in front (which is a lot). Imagine doing a Purification and then a match 4 in blue/yellow/black. That’s 35000-40000+. Easy. And tack on Switch’s passive damage boost (or CD damage boost) and the damage from her repeater. 
    20K damage isn't alot though when you're fighting 2 boosted 5 stars with about 200k hp each.  You'd have to fire his black ten times to down one opponent. 

You're talking about killing high lvl 4 stars with them though so maybe you have an mmr low enough to see alot of 4 star teams and this works for you but for me it's all 5 stars boosted up over lvl 550 all the time.   Wanda and collosus is far too slow to whittle away at 400k hp.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I suppose I've just always approached PvP from a speed perspective and never considered that someone might actually choose to use a team that's not the fastest. 

What's the tradeoff there?  The game is designed to encourage you to go as fast as possible, and the mechanics haven't changed.  It sounds like you're sacrificing speed for reduced health pack use?  Or for fewer offensive losses?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In one of the lightning rounds yesterday like 99% of the people that I queued up were Wanda teams. If she isn't meta and top 10 right now then who is?

lightning rounds - Wanda teams
    Shield Sim - Wanda teams
    regular pvp - boosted 5s and/or Wanda teams
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m going to be very interested to see how Odin performs in practice; Wanda plus a jump-in-front could be a crazy situation.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Options

20K damage isn't alot though when you're fighting 2 boosted 5 stars with about 200k hp each.  You'd have to fire his black ten times to down one opponent. 

You're talking about killing high lvl 4 stars with them though so maybe you have an mmr low enough to see alot of 4 star teams and this works for you but for me it's all 5 stars boosted up over lvl 550 all the time.   Wanda and collosus is far too slow to whittle away at 400k hp.
    You are talking about champed boosted 5 stars though, which is a completely different matter altogether.
    Your quickest team will be your best boosted 5 plus another boosted 5/someone that complements your best boosted 5.
    Colossus/chavez was quick when he was boosted in the thanos pvp. 
    On a level playing field colossus/witch is quick. 
    Not hulkoye quick but that metas gone now. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Options

It's not slow
    Colossus 20k+ for 6ap
    How long does it take you to chew through 250-400,000HP of double boosted 5* though?
    I don't target them.
    As don't the majority of people that play pvp. 
    It's the minority that have 550s and can run them every match.
    I have yet to find a baby champed boosted 5 star duo I can't beat though.