**** Throg (Puddlegulp) ****

123457

Comments

  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    His randomness on green reduces his value a bit, I haven't lucked into a single multi-tick of that yet but if the board is spammed as it likely will be against Polaris teams, he might be pretty useful in punishing them. He might be a pain to kill if the AI manages to get blue and yellow. I am tempted to move champing Elsa up the queue to punish his airbourne shenanigans.
  • MegaBeeMegaBee Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    His randomness on green reduces his value a bit, I haven't lucked into a single multi-tick of that yet but if the board is spammed as it likely will be against Polaris teams, he might be pretty useful in punishing them. He might be a pain to kill if the AI manages to get blue and yellow. I am tempted to move champing Elsa up the queue to punish his airbourne shenanigans.
    Archangel time?
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    His randomness on green reduces his value a bit, I haven't lucked into a single multi-tick of that yet but if the board is spammed as it likely will be against Polaris teams, he might be pretty useful in punishing them. He might be a pain to kill if the AI manages to get blue and yellow. I am tempted to move champing Elsa up the queue to punish his airbourne shenanigans.
    Archangel time?

    Elsa might be better option for me as my Archangel is only 2/4/0 - I would have to look at what the damage numbers look like.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 6,454 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is THIS yellow the reason Danver5 got nerfed? One day we'll discover it...
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far I can't get Vulture/Throg to beat Mockingbird and friends, although I certainly see the way to do it, just not happening.
  • marvel075marvel075 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    DAZ0273 said:
    So far I can't get Vulture/Throg to beat Mockingbird and friends, although I certainly see the way to do it, just not happening.
    i actually beat the  thing/mordo/star-lord node with only a lvl 360 silver surfer 2/4/1, my lvl 314 vulture 4/5/4, and throg, vulture and even silver surfer survived until i ran out of yellow and surfer and throg died from star lord's red alone, the only survivor was vulture with 95% of his health remaining.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 6,454 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just confirmed Throg dodges self harm from a regenerating iHulk. It doesn’t trigger the retaliatory damage, but it removes a repeater and eats the hit.
  • Michael1957Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    So far I can't get Vulture/Throg to beat Mockingbird and friends, although I certainly see the way to do it, just not happening.
    With a 1 cover 5urfer I had to Legion him twice . That took almost 2 hours though 
  • MoosePrimeMoosePrime Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    I just confirmed Throg dodges self harm from a regenerating iHulk. It doesn’t trigger the retaliatory damage, but it removes a repeater and eats the hit.
    Does your Throg have 2 or more covers in blue?  At one cover he doesn't retaliate with damage.
    I only have 1 blue cover, so I can't test if there is any retaliation.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 6,454 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/2/3, but he won’t retaliate self harm
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    So far I can't get Vulture/Throg to beat Mockingbird and friends, although I certainly see the way to do it, just not happening.
    With a 1 cover 5urfer I had to Legion him twice . That took almost 2 hours though 

    Yeesh, not fun. I will give it another go.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 6,454 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Legion the new invisible hotness over Professor X or Ghost now?
  • AXP_ismeAXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited 6 January 2021, 15:02
    The advantage of legion is that he also comes with targeted AP suppression so you can suppress, as well as deny, purple (SL's aoe) and green (thing's board shake) while you put a few invisibility tiles on the board and fortify them with blue. It's really, really slow - I can't stress that enough, it is mind-bendingly slow - but after a few turns even some massive cascades can't stop you plodding your way inexorably towards victory, 60-90 minutes later. 😁
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 4,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read players spending one or two hours using Legion to win those 5* nodes. I'd rather use Prof X because he can boost tiles with every match when he's the only one left. 

    I thought shield training is a great way to try out different strategies but it could be due to limited champed 4* options or a human tendency to defer to safer options lIke invisibility, that's why players aren't able to explore different options. Cable, Vulture, Black Cat and 4* Thor are great in these 5* essential shield training nodes.
  • BadBad Posts: 1,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    For players having the required 5* pretty well champed they can use their great way to try out different strategies with another pretty well champed one on the other free spot.
    For the other big portion players they usually struggle with whales.
    Usually I beat that with profesor X, he is slow. But never more slow than 20 m.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 6,454 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 January 2021, 16:13
    Yeah, with the 0 variation in enemy teams but wild variation in quality of required 5*, the new version of Shield Training is less interesting than in the days of old even if it is welcome that it's here at all. In some ways, that Star Lord/Mockingbird/Riri node is the 5* version of Crash of the Titans with an undercovered 4*lol
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Throg/Vulture finally clicked and even my Surfer survived to the end!

    Would very much welcome a change up in enemy teams for these things but then again maybe be careful what you wish for?
  • BorstockBorstock Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Would very much welcome a change up in enemy teams for these things but then again maybe be careful what you wish for?
    Watch them make it harder.

  • Michael1957Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Would very much welcome a change up in enemy teams for these things but then again maybe be careful what you wish for?
    Watch them make it harder.

    Exactly, the last thing we want is enemies with AOE or anti airborne powers . Let sleeping dogs lie. 
  • sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Would very much welcome a change up in enemy teams for these things but then again maybe be careful what you wish for?
    Watch them make it harder.

    LVL 550 Gritty Polaris, anyone?
Sign In or Register to comment.